Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An 18-year-old Gina Renee Hall went missing in Virginia in 1980. Prosecutors got their first conviction of murder without a body in VA's landmark case: Murder, but no body: Three W&M alums and their role in a landmark Virginia case | Williamsburg Yorktown Daily

Thinking of all those who never got justice.....

I dearly hope that SM is found soon.

The one thing that nags me about BM as the focus of investigation is that I have a hard time seeing him allowing his daughters’ mother to never be found. Crimes of passion I can understand; I’ve “seen” plenty of that in my lifetime. But the daily reality of denying your daughters the closure of laying their mother to rest..... that’s hard for me to believe. I still hope he’s innocent, for the girls.

MOO

Here’s the thing about not getting a warrant to destroy a third party’s property: why do you, LE, want to risk the ire of this third party when you do $40k worth of damage on their property? Why WOULDNT you get a warrant so you can hold it up no matter what happens and blame the judge?

Second, what if you start based on consent, the homeowner revokes consent, and when you go to get a warrant, the judge says no?

In real life LE is concerned with saving face and planning for contingencies. I represent a lot of witnesses and third parties in fraud cases and sometimes I think my clients are more difficult than the actual wrongdoers.

The damage is not the issue in a suppression hearing. That is a civil matter between LE and the homeowner. In this case the damage would be done with both a consent search or with a SW. The homeowner will have to overcome several immunity issues before they can sue the gov't/LE even if a dispute arises between them and the county.

Sometimes LE does not have enough PC for SW and in those cases if they can get a consent search they will and it is a valid search.

The sealed warrant was verified for the missing person's house and if one exists for the job site property it too should be easily verified.

Updated to include the latest press release (removed reference to comment "it's too soon" can't find a MSM source for this - can anyone?
------------------------
Timeline
6/10 - Press release by Chaffee County Sheriff - canvassing
Suzanne Morphew update June 10 - Chaffee County Sheriff
6/5 -Indiana Guardianship Letters issued to BM and ordered entered granting petition to sell IN property
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/15 Extensive searches by LE and other agencies
May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend donated $100K)
TN tells reporter bike has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride
————
Summary of searches compiled by @Ontario Mom
May 11th: Sheriff personnel called members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North and a search began immediately. The Department of Corrections was contacted and a request was made for tracking dogs to assist. They responded and joined the search. The search continued into the early morning hours with no results. The search resumed in the early morning hours of May 11 with Search and Rescue. They once again scoured the area. Members were then called from the Chaffee County Tac Team along with search parties from the Department of Corrections and the area was once again scoured.
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 13th: A search began immediately. ...Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Droneshave been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 14th: ...continue to search for Suzanne Morphew(age 49), who was reported missing on May 10, 2020. In addition to efforts by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and assistance from local and regional partners, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been requested to provide resources to aid in the effort.
Search continues for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 15th: While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

May 15th (update): ... investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020. Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrainin an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday. May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 16th: ...continue the search for Suzanne Morphew.
Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020. While Saturday’s efforts didn’t involve a large-scale search similar to the one that took place on US Highway 50 on May 15, investigators continued to follow-up on tips and conduct targeted searches in the area based on information provided to those working the case. Search continues for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 17th: ... continue the search for Suzanne Morphew. Sunday, May 17, members of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team searched water sites in the area.
May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 18th: ... continue the search for Suzanne Morphew. Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020. On Monday, 18, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. There have been more than 150 calls to the tip line since the phone line was activated last week. There were no targeted searches conducted on Monday.

May 19th: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. On Tuesday, May 19, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.
May 19, press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 20th: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. To clarify media reports about the Morphew residence, the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court. According to Sheriff John Spezze, it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance. The Morphew residence is just one of many areas of focus as part of this open investigation at this time.
May 20, 2020 Press Release Suzanne Morphew missing person case - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 21st: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. On Thursday, May 21, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.
May 21, Investigation continues for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 22nd: Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.

May 22nd (update): A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Saturday, May 23, 2020.
5:00 PM updated press release 05-22-2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 26th: ...continue the missing person investigation involving Suzanne Morphew. On Tuesday, May 26, investigators’ efforts involved review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. May 26th Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Sorry that was so long, but it sort of had to be, to answer your question.

Ontario Mom, Yesterday at 9:42 AMReport
#117Like+ QuoteReply"

Here you go Oviedo, it’s in the DailyMail May 14, 2020:

Missing Colorado mom: Husband offers $100,000 reward as FBI joins search for her | Daily Mail Online

“Morphew's husband Barry has also put out a $100,000 reward for his wife's safe return, 'no questions asked', according to FOX 31.

He declined to make a public plea when asked by the local news station, saying it was simply 'too soon'. “

Speculation: LE may have uncovered information that BM lied; lied about when he saw Suzanne for the last time, lied about their communication, lied about his location at a given time. Perhaps something like that.
Any part of his story that doesn’t have the ring of truth, sounds rehearsed, or doesn’t match the timeline of events would be a red flag.

MOO JMO

Spontaneous random thought .... if SM was abducted, can we really see the abductor heading off to place the bike by a tree, err, "just wait here while I stage my scene, back soon"? And how does an article of SM's get ahead of the bike, and not behind? Then again, if someone offered her a lift as she was walking back home after bike accident, wouldn't she say "can I just go get my bike, I left it over there", and load it on the car, or half in boot, not far to drive? End of spontaneous random thought.

PS: The comment of BM's that 10 people touched the bike and ruined the crime-scene .... total rubbish, hey, these are professional crime scene examiners; there would have been photos, accident investigation experts looking on, the whole kit and caboodle. What professional police member would destroy a crime scene as he said .... total nonsense.

Sounds like he is speaking to potential jurors..... hmmmm moo

Any theories as to what would constitute enough evidence for a SW to dig up the homeowner's foundation ?
Agreed that I'm guessing there was more to it than the homeowner seeing BM and Co. working on that area.
So, what ?

Speculation :

Warning-- some of it graphic :

• There was a HRD dog hit on the equipment BM uses for his landscaping.
  • The bike was found in an odd location or state (cleaned, fingerprints wiped, wheel/brakes locked in a way that shows it was never ridden that day...etc.)
  • Evidence on her phone or his, that showed an act of violence that LE is withholding until later.
  • There was blood or brain matter found at the house that would indicate Suzanne is no longer alive.
  • HRD dog hit on the vehicle(s).
  • Anything else ?

I would think things like:

His alibi wasn't solid.
His wife told someone she was scared of him.
There is evidence they were separating.
There is evidence he had a temper.
No evidence she actually went on a bike ride.
His cell phone was uncharacteristically off during the time she went missing.
Yes, possible cadaver dog hits.
Evidence of an affair.

Thinking of all those who never got justice.....

I dearly hope that SM is found soon.

The one thing that nags me about BM as the focus of investigation is that I have a hard time seeing him allowing his daughters’ mother to never be found. Crimes of passion I can understand; I’ve “seen” plenty of that in my lifetime. But the daily reality of denying your daughters the closure of laying their mother to rest..... that’s hard for me to believe. I still hope he’s innocent, for the girls.

MOO
Fotis Dulos deprived his 5 children without a second thought IMo
Jennifer is still missing but he took her location to his grave coward that he is
JMO

His alibi wasn't solid.
Evidence of an affair.
How about his phone and hers pinging off the same tower ? It’s been done (Kelsey )

^^SBM

Absolute nonsense indeed but I think BM probably thought it was a great distraction to pivot to when he seemingly caught himself sharing more about a subject than he allegedly had no or limited knowledge of.

I've said before that BM seems very proud of that '10 persons touched the bike' allegation (and destroyed evidence). I'm glad that BM came by that nugget but I'm really happy that he likes to use it! Just can't help himself...

MOO

That was a really dumb thing to say, but I'm glad he said it. He certainly knows next to nothing about how the CBI, FBI and the sheriff's department investigate a missing person case. He should be more helpful and less arrogant. JMO

His alibi wasn't solid.
Evidence of an affair.

Only the cadaver dog hit at the job site would equal PC for a SW.

The other items listed might draw suspicion to the spouse of the missing person, but would not be strong enough to establish PC to search the job site. None of those items directly tie the corpus delecti to the job site and standing alone without something else (canine hit or physical evidence at job site) would not be sufficient to establish PC for SW of job site...IMO

Updated to include the latest press release (added Back reference to comment "it's too soon" )
------------------------
Timeline
6/10 - Press release by Chaffee County Sheriff - canvassing
Suzanne Morphew update June 10 - Chaffee County Sheriff
6/5 -Indiana Guardianship Letters issued to BM and ordered entered granting petition to sell IN property
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview

5/15 Extensive searches by LE and other agencies
May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/14
Missing Colorado mom: Husband offers $100,000 reward as FBI joins search for her | Daily Mail Online

“Morphew's husband Barry has also put out a $100,000 reward for his wife's safe return, 'no questions asked', according to FOX 31.

He declined to make a public plea when asked by the local news station, saying it was simply 'too soon'.

5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend donated $100K)
TN tells reporter bike has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride
————
Summary of searches compiled by @Ontario Mom
May 11th: Sheriff personnel called members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North and a search began immediately. The Department of Corrections was contacted and a request was made for tracking dogs to assist. They responded and joined the search. The search continued into the early morning hours with no results. The search resumed in the early morning hours of May 11 with Search and Rescue. They once again scoured the area. Members were then called from the Chaffee County Tac Team along with search parties from the Department of Corrections and the area was once again scoured.
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 13th: A search began immediately. ...Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Droneshave been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 14th: ...continue to search for Suzanne Morphew(age 49), who was reported missing on May 10, 2020. In addition to efforts by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and assistance from local and regional partners, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been requested to provide resources to aid in the effort.
Search continues for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 15th: While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

May 15th (update): ... investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020. Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrainin an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday. May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 16th: ...continue the search for Suzanne Morphew.
Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020. While Saturday’s efforts didn’t involve a large-scale search similar to the one that took place on US Highway 50 on May 15, investigators continued to follow-up on tips and conduct targeted searches in the area based on information provided to those working the case. Search continues for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 17th: ... continue the search for Suzanne Morphew. Sunday, May 17, members of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team searched water sites in the area.
May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 18th: ... continue the search for Suzanne Morphew. Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020. On Monday, 18, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. There have been more than 150 calls to the tip line since the phone line was activated last week. There were no targeted searches conducted on Monday.

May 19th: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. On Tuesday, May 19, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.
May 19, press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 20th: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. To clarify media reports about the Morphew residence, the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court. According to Sheriff John Spezze, it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance. The Morphew residence is just one of many areas of focus as part of this open investigation at this time.
May 20, 2020 Press Release Suzanne Morphew missing person case - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 21st: ...continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew. On Thursday, May 21, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.
May 21, Investigation continues for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 22nd: Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.

May 22nd (update): A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Saturday, May 23, 2020.
5:00 PM updated press release 05-22-2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 26th: ...continue the missing person investigation involving Suzanne Morphew. On Tuesday, May 26, investigators’ efforts involved review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. May 26th Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Any theories as to what would constitute enough evidence for a SW to dig up the homeowner's foundation ?
Agreed that I'm guessing there was more to it than the homeowner seeing BM and Co. working on that area.
So, what ?
Speculation :
Warning-- some of it graphic :
  • There was a HRD dog hit on the equipment BM uses for his landscaping.
  • The bike was found in an odd location or state (cleaned, fingerprints wiped, wheel/brakes locked in a way that shows it was never ridden that day...etc.)
  • Evidence on her phone or his, that showed an act of violence that LE is withholding until later.
  • There was blood or brain matter found at the house that would indicate Suzanne is no longer alive.
  • HRD dog hit on the vehicle(s).
  • Anything else ?
Except theories and speculation won't cut it for establishing probable cause presented to a Judge or Magistrate to obtain a search warrant.

Probable cause is the legal standard that requires specific circumstances be present before police can arrest or search.

Probable cause exists when an officer reasonably believes, under the circumstances, that a crime has been committed and the suspect did it, or that evidence of a crime exists in the place to be searched.

This is based on the reasonable person standard, which asks what a reasonable person (or in this case an officer) would believe or do under the same set of circumstances. This includes the training and experience of the officer, and the circumstances surrounding the observation.

Otherwise, we might want to check with a moderator about your list because I think there has to be a basis to speculate from the list as written on the main thread.

MOO

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to rumor.>

If they used GP sonar under a consensual search and found an anomaly, that could lead to PC for SW. However, any one who watches Curse of Oak Island gets to see these devices at work. Sometimes the find something and other times they do not. Still, they are a valuable investigative tools and perfect for the application in the search of the job site.

It appears little associated with the case was found during the search. However, evidence could still be in process of being analyzed and could lead to future SW's or subpoenas that lead to other evidence.

I think we can assume that anything gathered from the phones, cars, property searches is either being analyzed or in some cases has already been analyzed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members