Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, how could anyone who was hit with such trauma even remember all that detail if it wasnt rehearsed? My mind would be blank.

Actually, studies show that the brain retains information in great detail about a stressful event.

On the other hand, LE lets people go on and on with all the filler because they know the ability to recall that bull the second and third time is close to impossible.

The more interviews, planned or fake-unplanned, it's all good with those who seek the truth.

Last edited:
When I think of BM "getting a job lined up" I imagine he may have brought tools, equipment, digging machinery, etc. It makes me think he was preparing an explanation of why he may have been visually spotted with equipment (shovels, gravel, soil, etc,). Maybe he hauled a trailer to Denver and left it there. Possibly setting up a reasonable explanation if tools were notably missing from his home or one of his trailers was missing. But we all know the "workers" he mentions that were supposed to show up on Monday morning will be located and interviewed. I am so interested to hear the details of his alibi as we get deeper into this case.
He said that the workers were going up Sunday night. I remember because I thought it curious as to where they would stay. It's only a two hour drive. Why not hit the road early Monday morning?
He didn't mention being with anyone (not that that means much as he leaves a lot out) but he did say HE went up ahead of time to set things up for his workers who would be coming up, again, Sunday night.
I doubt he would be bringing up heavy machinery or gravel etc alone (presumably) when his crew would be coming up.
The whole scenario he poses with TD makes very little sense to me.
While I'm at it, I wonder where the whole story of his being at a fireman training session came from? I certainly doubt someone just pulled it out of their ***.
That's what drew me in, in the first place. There was no way that happened, on a Sunday, Mother's Day no less.
I have to wonder if there was even a landscaping job in Denver.

IMO

Last edited:
He said that the workers were going up Sunday night. I remember because I thought it curious as to where they would stay. It's only a two hour drive. Why not hit the road early Monday morning?
He didn't mention being with anyone (not that that means much as he leaves a lot out) but he did say HE went up ahead of time to set things up for his workers who would be coming up, again, Sunday night.
I doubt he would be bringing up heavy machinery or gravel etc alone (presumably) when his crew would be coming up.
While I'm at it, I wonder where the whole story of his being at a fireman training session came from? I certainly doubt someone just pulled it out of their ***.
That's what drew me in, in the first place. There was no way that happened, on a Sunday, Mother's Day no less.

IMO
The fireman training was a creative reporting by Daily Mail.

IMO
Ok. I own a contracting company.
Schedules are crucial for all the trades.
It is very possible imo that BM went out Sunday to prep the job for Monday workers.
And yes. He could have put his men up somewhere Sunday night so they could be on the jobsite bright and early. We do it all the time.

It is very possible imo that BM went out Sunday to prep the job for Monday workers.
And yes. He could have put his men up somewhere Sunday night so they could be on the jobsite bright and early. We do it all the time.

Which Sunday do you mean? The 10th?

Sorry if this looks like a dumb question. I am just thinking of a timeline.

Just finished reading the posts here. Hypothetical .... perhaps BM had become estranged from his daughters, over what, the discovery or revelation of a new partner of BM's on the horizon, so he was instructed/told not be around when the girls arrived, so he has come up with the idea of getting the job ready early so he could be out of the house? Just a thought ......

IMO
Was there even a landscaping job? I am wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't the client hire a landscaper locally, from Denver?

Wouldn't that be more cost effective for everyone involved? Would BM be bringing in heavy equipment? Big fuel expense lugging trailer full of equipment hours to and from.

And putting up the crew in a motel, buying all their meals out? It doesn't make sense when there are hundreds of landscapers already in town. JMO

I have a question for you. Why do you think a client in Denver, would hire him, from 2 hours away?

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to hire a crew from Denver that didn't need added travel costs, motel costs, etc?

I am trying to understand that part.

When I think of BM "getting a job lined up" I imagine he may have brought tools, equipment, digging machinery, etc. It makes me think he was preparing an explanation of why he may have been visually spotted with equipment (shovels, gravel, soil, etc,). Maybe he hauled a trailer to Denver and left it there. Possibly setting up a reasonable explanation if tools were notably missing from his home or one of his trailers was missing. But we all know the "workers" he mentions that were supposed to show up on Monday morning will be located and interviewed. I am so interested to hear the details of his alibi as we get deeper into this case.
Not a fan of BM but it seems he has been a landscaper for 20 years....I doubt that all was a plan. I need to cancel my company I guess.

I have a question for you. Why do you think a client in Denver, would hire him, from 2 hours away?

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to hire a crew from Denver that didn't need added travel costs, motel costs, etc?

He could have been using local labor that lived in Denver.
Maybe bringing in supplies or materials so they would be ready to start early on Monday morning so he could go to another job.

My big issue with BM having the neighbor call 911 in such a roundabout way is that he worked as a volunteer firefighter. Surely some of the firefighters, such as the chief, had contacts with local law enforcement. It makes much more sense to me, that BM would call his fire chief friend and say, "Hey, I can't get hold of my wife, the girls can't either, I'm really worried. Who should I call at the cop shop?" Vs. calling the neighbor.

It just smells of a set up. Like he wanted to avoid any authorities for as long as possible.

MOO

If the job was out for bid (or at least known to the actor) and the actor wanted to dispose of something well out of the search area, the actor might underbid the job as a means to provide an ideal disposal site.

If the job was out for bid (or at least known to the actor) and the actor wanted to dispose of something well out of the search area, the actor might underbid the job as a means to provide an ideal disposal site.
This would mean planning quite far in advance. Creepy.
I'm thinking SM could have been dead already for, like, a week by the time Mother's Day rolled around. It could have been 2 weeks, for all we know. Someone had to have a very high degree of desperation trying to reach her before having a neighbor check or calling 911, IMO.
A longer timeline would have given BM scope to bid for a job in "Denver" and then follow through. But I agree, who needs a dirt mover in Denver who couldn't have a thousand options locally?
I wonder if BM knew the sheriff had worked the streets of Denver for 27 years in quite the "underbelly" of the city. If I were a perp in this context, the last thing I'd want is to turn "Denver" into my alibi: the sheriff knows Denver too well.

I am not finding this job in Denver thing an unrealistic possibility. My reasoning, I work with a contractor who will send men 100's of miles north 2-3 states north of us, but refuses, absolutely refuses to bid jobs south of us, 1 state away. He said it's a nightmare to deal with, every job he ever had there was a pain, materials & labor were a nightmare and expenses were stupid. But he's been bidding jobs for 30+ years and the estimators, collectively have over 100 years experience, they know their stuff. They don't bid in that state. Going up 1 night ahead of his crew would make sense if they have a date of completion expectation. That's a big deal, that date, you can't hold the other contractors up because you decided to drive your crew up late & spend the 1st 4 hours prepping when youre due to finish in less than 48 hours. Your completion effects their completion, like dominos, but isn't the landscaper the last part of a job? Was this a new build or existing home?
My only caveat to that thinking is- this man is a landscaper, unless his work is like an HGTv "flip my garden/yard" kind of thing idk why a builder or homeowner would bring him in, unless he has some skills in the landscaping industry that make him a coveted landscape artist. My knowledge of the work a landscape team performs is limited to leafy bushes lol
How about tracking that phone ? Lol

My big issue with BM having the neighbor call 911 in such a roundabout way is that he worked as a volunteer firefighter. Surely some of the firefighters, such as the chief, had contacts with local law enforcement. It makes much more sense to me, that BM would call his fire chief friend and say, "Hey, I can't get hold of my wife, the girls can't either, I'm really worried. Who should I call at the cop shop?" Vs. calling the neighbor.

It just smells of a set up. Like he wanted to avoid any authorities for as long as possible.

MOO

I think the neighbor went over and saw she wasn't home and then she called 911. Because I think they discussed that shortly before. ''If she isn't home call 911.'' In that way the neighbor didn't had to call BM first and then BM to dial 911 himself. You do not want to lose time at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow