Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think SM would be a target of human trafficking

She's a 49 year old married woman with two children living in a - what's the absurd $ figure - 1.7 million - ? estate in the used-to-be-more-pristine CO rockies (sorry, couldn't resist that jab lol, forgive me, that's the problem with us who recall them there Rockies from decades of yore - no McMansions back then)....

She has spent the previous two years undergoing cancer treatment, chemotherapy...

In fact, I find it more interesting to speculate on WHY, in a missing person's case, we only have pictures prior to her cancer treatments....

JMO

I don't think it is fair to say BLM is avoiding the media. The mainstream reporter who has been doing the best job of covering this case is 204 miles away in Colorado Springs (Lauren Scharf). That's 204 miles away from the area that it's been suggested BLM should be searching every waking minute of every day. I haven't seen a single news report from a correspondent that is actually standing anywhere near BLM's house since the house search, when he briefly showed up in some long distance news cam shots, and it appeared that he was asked to leave. As a matter of fact I believe it was reported that he did leave, right after he tied his shoe. snipped....
Are you talking 204 miles round trip? Because isn't it half that?

She's a 49 year old married woman with two children living in a - what's the absurd $ figure - 1.7 million - ? estate in the used-to-be-more-pristine CO rockies (sorry, couldn't resist that jab lol, forgive me, that's the problem with us who recall them there Rockies from decades of yore - no McMansions back then)....

She has spent the previous two years undergoing cancer treatment, chemotherapy...

In fact, I find it more interesting to speculate on WHY, in a missing person's case, we only have pictures prior to her cancer treatments....

JMO
Depending on what type of treatment she had, she might not have the typical side effects that people associate cancer treatment with, such as hair loss.

Well I think people sort of misunderstand who is involved in that kind of thing.

Show me (not you, but anyone, really), five white, middle class women or children who it has been definitively established that a drug cartel or sex traffickers were responsible for disappearing in this nation.

I maintain that that’s not really a thing in this country with that demographic. It’s not an issue.

The reality of sex trafficking is adult prostitutes, drugs, homelessness, poverty, mental health disorders, child abuse and other intensive, family dysfunction, LGBTQ youth and predominately ethnic minorities.

Traffickers aren’t trolling for mountain biking soccer moms on Mother’s Day.

Drug cartel stuff that involves murder is usually people involved in the “business” in some manner, and very few come from the Morphew family demographic.

Revenge or power-assertion kidnappings involving innocent victims occur almost totally south of the border.

Statistically speaking, neither look like a reasonable possibility to me. It’s more likely someone she knows. A remote second place for me would be stranger abduction.
Great post Gitana!

Salida itself doesn't have a TV station nor, I believe, any typical newspapers. I think it has an online one.

Small towns all over have crimes and missing persons that get very little media coverage. WS itself is helping to keep this one in the public eye.

I do think it's curious that the media have been all over it when there's LE activity,
but by stark contrast, there's been zero media coverage of any private searches held by family or volunteers.

To be entirely honest, I think it's because there haven't been any private searches, for the media to cover.
Or at the very least, whoever's organizing these private searches, for whatever reason, doesn't want the media involved so they're being very hush hush.
Either way you look at it, it makes no sense at all.

The media is a massive help in getting the word out, and keeping the case in the public eye.
I can't imagine why there'd be no media welcome, in these private searches, so that leads me back to the possibility that there just haven't been any to cover.

jmo

JMO

Do we know for sure she underwent chemotherapy? I don't remember seeing that being confirmed. Many cancers, if caught early, can be treated without chemotherapy.

SM has one photo of herself on her public FB page that was posted August 3, 2019 (less than a year ago). It is her current profile photo. Of course, it might be an older photo that was re-posted, but it does appear to have been taken in Colorado. I believe that photo has been used in some of the search information.

Also from her public FB page, she has, historically, had many profile photos that include both her and BM, but the last profile photo she posted with him was in July of 2018. (However, the above-mentioned current FB profile photo does prominently feature her wedding ring).

MOO.

He has not made an on camera statement, not once. He hasn’t given an interview, or made any public effort to get the word out.

I have no doubt the media has tried to get him to talk, and for whatever reason, he has decided against it.

If he said he was going to do an interview, a dozen reporters would be there. Clearly, he wants nothing to do with them.

So yes, I believe he is avoiding them.

Agree. The media respected TN was going to be family/BM's spokesperson and that came with a list of stipulations.

The spokesperson went dark and the media kept looking for a source and that is when Uncle Bob came forth with a statement.

When a reporter reaches all the way to Indiana for a sound clip from elderly Uncle, I'd say they had no other alternative. MOO

I found some statistics for you. You are right statistically speaking Latino and Asians it seems are twice as likely to be trafficked as African American and Whites.
https://humantraffickinghotline.org...tional_Hotline_2018_Statistics_Fact_Sheet.pdf

This is one of the stories I remembered from back in the day:
Survivor of sex trafficking tells her story
How did a teenage girl below from a loving, middle-class family end up as a sex slave? | Daily Mail Online

It's bad where I live, no matter what you are.:(

Colorado's Map
https://humantraffickinghotline.org/sites/default/files/CO-2018-State-Report.pdf

Yes but do you notice how the one case you can talk about doesn’t involve kidnapping a middle class white woman or child off the street and disappearing her? She wasn’t taken. She was coerced to service some guy and his friends/family members.

And that’s one case, from 1980.

Here’s the thing- traffickers want low risk “trade”. Very sadly, they don’t want people that anyone in society will care about and make heavily viewed Facebook pages about, be able to get a hundred volunteers to search for says for, tons of media attention.

So it’s runaways. Kids from dysfunction, abandonment. People forced into prostitution due to drugs, on-going mental health issues, poverty, etc.

It is not an issue affecting women like this. It’s just not. The amount of cases are rarer than rare.

There is, however, a lot of hysteria about it.

Stats matter in a case like this. I’d say a wild animal dragging her off is more probable than stolen to be sold. And without any evidence whatsoever to indicate an animal took her, while not impossible, I’d say the chances of that being the cause are negligible.

Last edited:
When Suzanne was first reported missing, so many of the comments and social media posts mentioned how sad because she was so attractive. “She’s stunning! Hope she is found soon” or “So beautiful! Prayers for this pretty lady.”

There were so many comments that mentioned her looks that it made me wonder if this case would have received the same amount of interest if she had been plain-looking or unremarkable. Unattractive people who go missing have families and friends who love them just as much.
I wonder if her case is getting more notice because the family appears to be affluent. Perhaps the perception is that affluent people that live in million dollar homes don't just disappear without a trace because they must be happier with their lives. It isn't the case, of course but just a possibility as to why this case got more notice. JMO

JMO

When was her last treatment? And does anyone know if she’s been mountain biking regularly recently?

...So yes, I believe he is avoiding them.
I believe that Barry is avoiding all media outlets, too. The question is WHY? Why would a person who has a loved one missing avoid keep her face out in the media? I can think of only one reason, and it isn't because he is shy.

What confuses me is why haven't her girls gone to the media? Are they afraid that they will be asked about the behavior of their father and his seeming lack of interest?

He has not made an on camera statement, not once. He hasn’t given an interview, or made any public effort to get the word out.

I have no doubt the media has tried to get him to talk, and for whatever reason, he has decided against it.

If he said he was going to do an interview, a dozen reporters would be there. Clearly, he wants nothing to do with them.

So yes, I believe he is avoiding them.
Of course he is IMO - we’ve seen it before

I believe that Barry is avoiding all media outlets, too. The question is WHY? Why would a person who has a loved one missing avoid keep her face out in the media? I can think of only one reason, and it isn't because he is shy.

What confuses me is why haven't her girls gone to the media? Are they afraid that they will be asked about the behavior of their father and his seeming lack of interest?

I think one is underage, right? The other is, what, 20? They’re probably scared, confused, defensive for their dad and don’t know what to do.

JMO
bbm
Exactly .
We don't know what she even looks like.
The main source I could find re. Suzanne's cancer was from her husband.
Most people including my friend change somewhat after chemo.
Hair color, weight loss, glasses ?
What ?

We do not know.
And why is the one person who knows not sharing this ?
A fair question; imo.

Yes but do you notice how the one case you can talk about doesn’t involve kidnapping a middle class white woman or child off the street and disappearing her? She wasn’t taken. She was coerced to service some guy and his friends/family members.

And that’s one case, from 1980.

Here’s the thing- traffickers want low risk “trade”. Very sadly, they don’t want people that anyone in society will care about and make heavily viewed Facebook pages about, be able to get a hundred volunteers to search for says for, tons of media attention.

So it’s runaways. Kids from dysfunction, abandonment. People forced into prostitution due to drugs, on-going mental health issues, poverty, etc.

It is not an issue affecting women like this. It’s just not. The amount of cases are rarer than rare.

There is, however, a lot of hysteria about it.

Stats matter in a case like this. I’d say wild animal dragging her off is more probable than stolen to be sold. And without any evidence whatsoever to indicate an animal took her, while not impossible, I’d say the chances of that being the cause are negligible.
I agree. I don’t think trafficking is even an option here. For the record, earlier I said there could be more to the story but I wasn’t thinking trafficking. More along the lines of illegal business dealings, owing money, stepping on toes, but even those things are unlikely in my mind. My opinion is that this will, sadly, turn out to be a situation where someone close to her has made her disappear.

I agree. I don’t think trafficking is even an option here. For the record, earlier I said there could be more to the story but I wasn’t thinking trafficking. More along the lines of illegal business dealings, owing money, stepping on toes, but even those things are unlikely in my mind. My opinion is that this will, sadly, turn out to be a situation where someone close to her has made her disappear.
Agreed.
Sir Occam and his razor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads