Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been able to follow at all lately - is there any new news?

The biggest news was Team Barry made their first public update (about GET money) since May 17, or BF fb video.

TN essentially announced daughter has the keys to the safe, albeit using very distancing language. MOO

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

The
@
page for #MissingPerson #suzannemorphew has given an update: "The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in #FindingSuzanne ..."
1:57 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
and
@
...Whether donating financially, hiking mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing & delivering food for volunteers & so much more please know that your thoughtfulness & compassion are so appreciated & it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search."
2:01 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
and
@
"The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards #suzannemorphew family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated...Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return." TIPLINE: (719) 312-7530
2:04 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck

ITA. I'm such an anxious person that if my husband went missing, I'd likely look like a loon as I tried to find him!!!

When our daughter was younger, we couldn't find her for about 15 minutes and oh my goodness! We were running outside like totally lunatics screaming her name. Thank God she heard us and came running home--safe and sound. Then, we grounded her.;):);)

Same. I mean, I'm literally freaking out if I can't find my kid for a minute. I'd have to be sedated if a loved one actually went missing (I do have anxiety and I do get panic attacks). I absolutely can not understand people that are chill about their spouses going missing? I don't necessarily judge it, because I know some people are just really chill and it's not a bad thing that most people aren't like me haha. I just can't understand it myself. And there's no way I'd be clinically thinking through what I "should" do and whether or not I "should" get a lawyer or "shouldn't" get a polygraph. I'd do anything.

Haven't been able to follow at all lately - is there any new news?
Not really, T Noel updated the give- me page today referring to the group (?) as "extended family" causing some concern. Is he distancing himself or explaining himself/his interest, he also referenced that MM (daughter) is now handling the funds collected. I took that to mean running the page, so to speak.

At what point (or with what criteria) in a missing persons case do agencies offer a reward? Crime Stoppers offered a reward for info leading to Mollie Tibbets safe return, which then turned into public donations building that reward fund to a fairly large sum. Is it telling that this hasnt happened in this case, or no?
I'm pretty sure I heard Crime Stoppers name with this investigation in the beginning and I'll dig deeper if there was any statement about their typical $1000 reward associated with this case.

It does appear that Crime Stoppers is included as a phone number for tips in the MSM link below. Most already understand and appreciate the terms of Crime Stoppers anonymous tip program.

Noting the Chaffee County Sheriff's website does include an entire page about Crime Stoppers.

Crime Stoppers - Chaffee County Sheriff

Just the same, there's been no public announcement or fine print on the Team Barry Reward posters that the family reward is being administered by Crime Stoppers.

Search For Suzanne Morphew Reaches 1 Week As Questions Mount

You can contact the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

ETA: I reviewed the press regarding Crime Stoppers and reward for MT and was reminded that Crime Stoppers requires a donor agreement signed by contributors.

When MT was located deceased, many donors received their donations back, and others that designated otherwise left their donations to be distributed at the discretion of Crime Stoppers. MT's reward grew in excess of $350K.

Last edited:
Law enforcement is looking at him, so they probably aren’t going to recommend family and friends get in front of the cameras and keep this case in the news.

If he believes his wife was abducted, then it’s probable he’s the only one. It’s on him to do his part, because law enforcement isn’t going to encourage all the things they would normally do encourage someone in his position to do.

I cannot imagine them telling him to keep his mouth shut, or any innocent person complying in the unlikely event that did happen.

To this day, I’ve never seen an innocent person behave this way.
I agree. TN let the cat out of the bag about the bike being found Sunday night and LE wouldn’t even confirm it for several days. They may have told the family that they prefer they not speak to the press on their own so that other evidence didn’t get leaked. I get that, but how about a nice press conference asking for info and you all can stand behind us in unity? We’ll do the talking. Nope, didn’t happen. (It’s too soon?)
So, if the entire family was asked not to speak, appear, appeal, beg, or plead and they all complied, why did BM make that sad, pathetic, rehearsed, FB video?
You’re right@Massguy, I’ve never seen an innocent guy act this way either.

I agree. TN let the cat out of the bag about the bike being found Sunday night and LE wouldn’t even confirm it for several days. They may have told the family that they prefer they not speak to the press on their own so that other evidence didn’t get leaked. I get that, but how about a nice press conference asking for info and you all can stand behind us in unity? We’ll do the talking. Nope, didn’t happen. (It’s too soon?)
So, if the entire family was asked not to speak, appear, appeal, beg, or plead and they all complied, why did BM make that sad, pathetic, rehearsed, FB video?
You’re right@Massguy, I’ve never seen an innocent guy act this way either.
To my knowledge, LE has NEVER confirmed the that the bike was located, period. We only know from MSM as confirmed by others including team Barry.

I agree with you, and I think it's definitely a possibility if not for SM, surely for other crimes.
worried-face_1f61f.png
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:mad::(:mad::eek:
So, you know the polygraph is garbage and the cops know it is garbage and just being used as an interrogation tool. Why would everyone be going along with the charade? Seems like a huge waste of time. Would you sit down with the cops while they asked questions of a magic eight ball?
Soooo, I have enjoyed all the information tonite, hope I retain some of it. Isn’t it possible BM has passed the polygraph, w/ the #1 best option. or volunteered, and LE didn’t feel it necessary.

I know I repeat myself but the one case most similar to me was Shari Smith1985, the family made almost no media appearances, while communicating w Shari’s killer thru phone calls. Only when her body was found did they speak out. Larry Gene Bell enjoyed the attention. That’s my #1 reason.

#2 might be they may have a suspect, believe Suzanne may be alive, but because the suspect is known to be unstable, they are cautiously pursuing the person.my favorite.

#3 Silence might actually lead to the subject exposing themselves, in their effort to learn what evidence they have.

IMHO the family is following LE instructions. In fact, the video may have been the reason for the “hope he continues” comment.

Which brings me to my last option. Suzanne has been kidnapped&murdered by an anonymous killer, who has no connection to anyone in the Morphew family or Salidas community, left the area and there aren’t any clues.
Before you shoot that one down, consider the Charley Projectwebsite. I went thru the Colorado and New Mexico females last nite. Suzanne’sc life style is quite different from many. There remain some who just disappeared.
The area is a tourist draw. Lots of random strangers? Estimated 2000 SK at any given
time, so that’s 40 per state, NM+CO=80,add CA 120
This is my least favorite option. Probability?
IMO at least as high as mountain lion? every time one gets caught, sorta means another one starts. I wondered at the beginning if that’s why CBI & FBI came in.

How do you catch a serial killer? Sometimes, it’s a tip. Sometimes it’s a mistake they make. Sometimes it’s pure luck. Sometimes it’s a miracle. Sometimes it’s one stubborn LE officer.

As LE stated, both the mountain lion and the predator/SK have been ruled out.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I heard Crime Stoppers name with this investigation in the beginning and I'll dig deeper if there was any statement about their typical $1000 reward associated with this case.

It does appear that Crime Stoppers is included as a phone number for tips in the MSM link below. Most already understand and appreciate the terms of Crime Stoppers anonymous tip program.

Noting the Chaffee County Sheriff's website does include an entire page about Crime Stoppers.

Crime Stoppers - Chaffee County Sheriff

Just the same, there's been no public announcement or fine print on the Team Barry Reward posters that the family reward is being administered by Crime Stoppers.

Search For Suzanne Morphew Reaches 1 Week As Questions Mount

You can contact the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

ETA: I reviewed the press regarding Crime Stoppers and reward for MT and was reminded that Crime Stoppers requires a donor agreement signed by contributors.

When MT was located deceased, many donors received their donations back, and others that designated otherwise left their donations to be distributed at the discretion of Crime Stoppers. MT's reward grew in excess of $350K.
Thank you for this. With the recent flyers being distributed with no mention of the reward, it made me realize that the only reward out there is from Team BM. I find that curious, and wonder why - besides the obvious. Jmo.

The "storyline" here reminds me of MT's in a few ways, but the actions and reactions are not even close.

Thank you for this. With the recent flyers being distributed with no mention of the reward, it made me realize that the only reward out there is from Team BM. I find that curious, and wonder why - besides the obvious. Jmo.

The "storyline" here reminds me of MT's in a few ways, but the actions and reactions are not even close.
The 'reward' was never registered with LE or any other agency, law firm, re: escrow.
Yes, it's curious. And, conditional to her safe return.

IMO

LE is not going to talk about any potential suspects or POI or details of the investigation beyond the cursory they've already done. They are going to protect the investigation and preserve the case for future prosecution. Staying quiet is their best strategy for not compromising the investigation or creating any prejudice that a defense attorney could and likely would try to use against the state if/when an arrest is made.

/IMO

The 'reward' was never registered with LE or any other agency, law firm, re: escrow.
Yes, it's curious. And, conditional to her safe return.
I didnt know it wasnt registered either, I dont know how all that works. Imo, 'conditional to her safe return' is not out of the ordinary. I believe MTs read that way as well. It seems off in this case because the whole case is bizarre from what we are used to seeing. Now, "no questions asked" is not normal and clearly LE wouldnt agree with that.

ITA- BBM

If she was abducted for some reason and is alive, we’d know why by now.
If she was abducted for nefarious reasons, someone somewhere would likely have spoken up by now.

Where is Suzanne?

I respectfully disagree. If she was abducted, it's possible no one but her abductor(s) would know.

Just a few females that were missing, some for years, that escaped/were rescued:
Kala Brown
Jayme Closs
Michelle Knight
Amanda Berry
Georgina DeJesus

Many more had a worse outcome, but there might be a chance SM, IF abducted, could still be alive, IMO.

To my knowledge, LE has NEVER confirmed the that the bike was located, period. We only know from MSM as confirmed by others including team Barry.
You are right. And it may be because if they admitted it they would be bombarded with questions about how it was found; condition, position, dna evidence etc. I don’t think they want to answer those particular questions right now.

@Ontario Mom --The nephew updated the Getme fund. That's about it. We still don't know where SM is.

The biggest news was Team Barry made their first public update (about GET money) since May 17, or BF fb video.

Not really, T Noel updated the give- me page today referring to the group (?) as "extended family" causing some concern. Is he distancing himself or explaining himself/his interest, he also referenced that MM (daughter) is now handling the funds collected. I took that to mean running the page, so to speak.

So, more or less where we were in the first 2-3 days with TN speaking out. Seems like this case is going backwards. o_O

I respectfully disagree. If she was abducted, it's possible no one but her abductor(s) would know.

Just a few females that were missing, some for years, that escaped/were rescued:
Kala Brown
Jayme Closs
Michelle Knight
Amanda Berry
Georgina DeJesus

Many more had a worse outcome, but there might be a chance SM, IF abducted, could still be alive, IMO.

IMO:

With the exception of Kala Brown (who was 30) and Michelle Knight (who was 21 at the time of her disappearance but was said to look much younger), the rest on the list were minors at the time they were kidnapped. It's rare for an abductor to take a middle age woman and keep her somewhere, alive. LE doesn't seem to believe this is an abduction; I trust their knowledge since they know much more than we do.

I didnt know it wasnt registered either, I dont know how all that works. Imo, 'conditional to her safe return' is not out of the ordinary. I believe MTs read that way as well. It seems off in this case because the whole case is bizarre from what we are used to seeing. Now, "no questions asked" is not normal and clearly LE wouldnt agree with that.
You either put that money into escrow with LE's agencies or you do what BM did which was make a 30 second video proclaiming a $100,000 reward (for her safe return), which was enhanced to $200,000 by someone, or something.
And I disagree about the 'safe return'. I would want to recover my loved one and would never make that condition.

So do we have any information regarding whether BM is still cooperating with LE as they suggested he was initially and they hoped he would continue to do so? Again crickets IMO
We have no information from LE that he is cooperating, and we have no information from LE that he is not cooperating at this time. The last status report on that was over a month ago, when the sheriff said he was cooperating, and that he hoped he would continue to do so. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991