Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the message could be LE wants to convey to the family that they are working hard on the case and they appreciate the family's cooperation...IMO

IMO there are as many tea leaves saying LE is not investigating the spouse as there are saying they are.

We know nothing about this case. LE knows more but they might be short on evidence at this point too. LE has either confirmed or denied an alibi at this point, and any other investigation related to the spouse would branch out from the alibi, including all the phone, car GPS records and any evidence collected during the searches last month.

IMO they either have incriminating or exculpatory evidence, but at this point in the investigation they would not disclose either scenario to the public...even if an attorney was asking them to publically clear their client.
I really do hope LE has better communication with the family in order to not have to convey messages through a press conference.

This thread is closed for cleanup.

It is a very basic rule of Websleuths that sleuthing family members or people not officially named as POI or suspect IS NOT ALLOWED.

Members need to read The Rules and post accordingly.

We really don't know how Tricia or any of us can make that any more clear.

One of the key differences here is that BM came out and offered a 100k reward for the safe return of SM.

AS didn't offer a 100k reward, likely because he knew in good conscience he couldn't actually fulfill that promise if someone did find GS.

If one has 100k at one's personal disposal to offer as a reward, one doesn't need to be seeking handouts from strangers for food and shelter.

It would have been much more conscionable for BM to use his 100k to pay for food, shelter, etc. for family members and set up a crowd-funding account to offer a reward for SM's safe return.

This is unseemly, at best.

JMO.

In fairness to BM it was never said at any time that he was behind or involved with the fundraiser. It was initiated by TN purportedly to help with search efforts.

My apologies for interrupting the discussion. Please.do not comment on this thread about donations. Click here if you have questions

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We need your help as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your wonderful generosity. Your donations have enabled Websleuths to continue operating!!!

However we still need more help to keep Websleuths operating.

Things are difficult for everyone and it pains me to have to ask but I want make sure Websleuths does not go dark.

If you have already donated I feel once is plenty!

If by chance you are just finding out that Websleuths needs help and you are able to make a donation we would really appreciate it. (people have told me in the past they had no idea WS needed help so I am putting this post in more places on the forum)

If you can make any donation, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is our PayPal link. Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me

You can join our Patreon channel for as low as 5 dollars a month
www.patreon.com/websleuthsradiopodcast

Many people have suggested we start charging people membership fees.
CLICK HERE for the explanation as to why this cannot happen at Websleuths.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A DONATION UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO!!!

Websleuths is my full-time job. I love being a part of such an amazing community and feel very fortunate that I am able to combine my passion with my job.

On behalf of all the mods, admins, and all other wonderful volunteers on Websleuths thank you.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com
PS below is my email feel free to write with any questions.
triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Cleanup still ongoing but thread is open again.

A LOT OF ADMIN REMINDERS:

It has been stressed before that only 1 video of TD’s has been approved for discussion here because it was a direct interview with BM. There is no blanket approval given for videos by him or DWAP. Do not link or promote other videos by them in this discussion. IOW, we are interested only in the questions TD posed to BM and BM’s response, and the questions DWAP posed to Lauren Scharf and her responses. Wsers can form their own opinions without discussing the opinions of the videographers.

It has also been stressed before that discussing what is in MSM about BM is allowed but sleuthing him, his businesses, or ANY family member is not allowed. Obviously BM is being treated publicly by LE as if he is a POI, therefore Tricia approved discussion of that as a possibility as long as the discussion is respectful. Sleuthing him or others, making direct accusations, derogatory comments and insinuations about them is not allowed.

Do not link to random blogs or videos unless you know it is MSM or LE or another WS approved source. To just assume it will be okay and then set about discussing it ... is not okay.

Do not discuss other members in derogatory terms, whether individually or collectively. That’s just plain rude.

Please move on from the arguing about polygraphs. We don’t know if BM has or has not taken a polygraph yet pages of posts arguing over polygraphs.

Do not state info as fact when it is only your opinion. Make it clear it is your opinion or your post may be removed.

Off topic, rude, argumentative and inflammatory posts get removed. State your opinion respectfully without personalizing and move on without perpetual bickering. Discuss the post, not the poster.

We know nothing about the case, that’s absolutely true.

It all comes down to if one believes these agencies are competent. For the sake of argument, let’s just assume they are.

At no point did law enforcement handle this as an abduction. We haven’t seen daily press conferences, or even the usual descriptors.

What does that say? It says they don’t believe she was abducted.

As rare as an abduction would be in that place, with this victimology, it’s still possible. There has to be a solid reason that law enforcement does not believe that occurred.

We’ve seen an exhaustive search of BM’s work site, and a search of the residence.

So if Suzanne was not abducted on a bike ride, yet her bike was found discarded, then it was staged.

Who stages crime scenes? People close to the victim who want to divert attention from where it would otherwise go.

That’s it.

So we’re left with a homicide, committed by someone close to her. I see absolutely nothing in their actions to indicate they are investigating anyone other than her spouse.

My biggest question is when the other shoe drops.
MassGuy, I think you've summed it up once and for all! “It all comes down to if one believes these agencies are competent.”

With the electronic infomation available to LE alone, I think a clear picture could be drawn. I find confidence in that.

A woman like Suzanne could have a secret admirer that was also “close to her” – no? A kind, beautiful woman.

I know, I know, lol, I just can't wrap my head around Barry being the type of guy that solves problems w/ murder.

It all comes down to if one believes these agencies are competent. For the sake of argument, let’s just assume they are.

At no point did law enforcement handle this as an abduction. We haven’t seen daily press conferences, or even the usual descriptors.

As rare as an abduction would be in that place, with this victimology, it’s still possible. There has to be a solid reason that law enforcement does not believe that occurred.

We’ve seen an exhaustive search of BM’s work site, and a search of the residence.

So if Suzanne was not abducted on a bike ride, yet her bike was found discarded, then it was staged.

Who stages crime scenes? People close to the victim who want to divert attention from where it would otherwise go.

That’s it.

So we’re left with a homicide, committed by someone close to her. I see absolutely nothing in their actions to indicate they are investigating anyone other than her spouse.

Can you elaborate on being ''staged''? I am still not sure what everybody means by that.

Finding a bike discarded doesn't mean it immediately is the result of someone staging it. She could have placed it out of sight because it malfunctioned after she crashed it.

I am also still thinking (as an possible scenario) someone hit her with an atv, but then the personal item(s) would be closer to each other and closer to the location of the bike.

Is this officially a homecide investigation now? Or did I miss that, sorry if I did.

Hey – in thinking about the access to information LE has.........can one surmise they suspect Suzanne was gone before Mothers Day? Hint: they were digging up cement on a job Barry was on prior to Mothers Day – we know he claims to have been away on Mothers day, not at the cement site.

Someone know a cement company in the area? When was the “slab on grade” poured?

Hey – in thinking about the access to information LE has.........can one surmise they suspect Suzanne was gone before Mothers Day? Hint: they were digging up cement on a job Barry was on prior to Mothers Day – we know he claims to have been away on Mothers day, not at the cement site.

Someone know a cement company in the area? When was the “slab on grade” poured?
No one has heard from her since BEFORE the cement pad was poured ......learning that information would help understand what LE knows.

Can you elaborate on being ''staged''? I am still not sure what everybody means by that.

Finding a bike discarded doesn't mean it immediately is the result of someone staging it. She could have placed it out of sight because it malfunctioned after she crashed it.

I am also still thinking (as an possible scenario) someone hit her with an atv, but then the personal item(s) would be closer to each other and closer to the location of the bike.

Is this officially a homecide investigation now? Or did I miss that, sorry if I did.

Being “staged” - someone took or harmed her from/at her home, then placed her bike so that people would believe she “disappeared” while on a bike ride.

Being “staged” - someone took or harmed her from/at her home, then placed her bike so that people would believe she “disappeared” while on a bike ride.

Which can be related to knowledge of the area and possible subsequent search efforts. But if you take someone from their home, why on earth would you stage her bike? And those personal items?

All that risk of leaving some DNA, fingerprints, a shoe print, or tracks behind seems over the top to me and forgetting about the risk of being spotted. Now if it is in a hurry at or surrounding the scene I get it, place the bike drop some items and go.

The only way I possibly could see someone stage the bike is at night. Which means going back to the house, transport the bike to that particular spot. Take some of the personal items and find a good spot for them as well.

No one has heard from her since BEFORE the cement pad was poured ......learning that information would help understand what LE knows.

In digging up the work site that Barry was on some time prior to mothers day, you should be able to surmise :

LE cannot confirm any contact w/ Suzanne after Barry was done dirt work on the cement site.

This is prior to mothers day.

The cement pour day only matters if it was pre-mothers day.

IMO:

People who commit crimes, especially a first-time homicide, aren't necessarily thinking logically and analyzing what actions make perfect sense and what actions might create unintended suspicion upon a much closer look. "Staging a bike" provides a potential opportunity to get an investigation focused on the bike, where it was found, what day it was found, the wider areas around that, and get people distracted thinking about what all could have potentially happened to someone on a bike ride. It's a mystery with a specific object and comes with an assumed story -- victim on bike ride then something happened.

ETA: But staging a bike also provides investigators with areas of doubt, depending on condition of the bike, location of the bike, ability to verify or not verify a bike ride was actually taken. I would say most perps don't think of those aspects.

/IMO

Last edited:

That’s it.

MassGuy, I am slowly making my way towards your level of confidence regarding Barry.

Digging at Barry's old work site eludes to a timeline that has serious implications for Barry, besides the obvious.

It only matters if it was pre-Mothers Day. We do know he last worked on the cement site pre Mothers Day.

Do you have a MSM source stating that the concrete or dirt were known to be poured before Mother’s Day? I haven’t seen that anywhere, yet you’ve made several posts in a row stating it as if it’s a known fact. IMO.

Do you have a MSM source stating that the concrete or dirt were known to be poured before Mother’s Day? I haven’t seen that anywhere, yet you’ve made several posts in a row stating it as if it’s a known fact. IMO.
Okay, cool, Tmcgee.......Barry was away on mothers day at another site, and I have assumed he didn't go to work after Suzanne went missing. That puts the dirt prep work at the cement site – solidly BEFORE mothers day. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab