Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 20 minutes, I think you'll be able to watch Lauren Scharf live via this link. No need for Facebook or Twitter A/C.

Live Stream | FOX21 News Colorado

This link should work also with no A/C needed

https://twitter.com/FOX21News

Otherwise, search - @LaurenScharfTV

One of these should work!

Right now the only link I'm having luck with is

Lauren Scharf

Just escape out of the page requesting you to log in.
Thank you!! I’m going to try to get it while I’m walking my dog. Yay!

I'm watching Lauren's FB live right now. She went into additional detail re: her conversation with TS. A couple of nuggets that I took away:

-per TS, Barry told him that he went to Denver on Sunday a.m. (as implied in the Ty video) for a commercial landscaping job

-context for the bike ride comments: TS apparently was out there for a hunting trip and was tired of it and stayed at the Morphew home one day while BM was working - so he had a chance to talk to SM alone and the bike riding came up as he was asking what she liked to do in Maysville.

-per TS, Barry and the daughters are all staying together (presumably in the house, but that wasn't clarified)

-per TS, the reason why Barry is keeping a low profile is because he's a private person and grieving

Additionally, Lauren said she's reached out to SMs side of the family and they have refused interviews or even to issue a statement. They only replied with a simple "she is in our thoughts every day".

Several other questions have been asked - most of which Lauren has answered with "I don't know" (What initiated the second search? Did LE remove anything from the home? etc., etc.)

I'm watching Lauren's FB live right now. She went into additional detail re: her conversation with TS. A couple of nuggets that I took away:

-per TS, Barry told him that he went to Denver on Sunday a.m. (as implied in the Ty video) for a commercial landscaping job

-context for the bike ride comments: TS apparently was out there for a hunting trip and was tired of it and stayed at the Morphew home one day while BM was working - so he had a chance to talk to SM alone and the bike riding came up as he was asking what she liked to do in Maysville.

-per TS, Barry and the daughters are all staying together (presumably in the house, but that wasn't clarified)

-per TS, the reason why Barry is keeping a low profile is because he's a private person and grieving

Additionally, Lauren said she's reached out to SMs side of the family and they have refused interviews or even to issue a statement. They only replied with a simple "she is in our thoughts every day".

Several other questions have been asked - most of which Lauren has answered with "I don't know" (What initiated the second search? Did LE remove anything from the home? etc., etc.)

Can someone please ask Lauren why MSM isn't digging into the background r/t public records, property sales, court records, BM's obtaining court-ordered guardianship of SM back in Indiana, what precipitated the move to Colorado in 2018, etc.?

Also, has Lauren attempted to contact SM's best friend from back in Indiana?
If so, did she indicate whether or not LE has contacted her?

Has Lauren confirmed with any of SM's family or friends what type of cancer SM had and/or what stage cancer?

Has LE confirmed when they think the last verified independent sighting of SM occurred?

How does BM respond when MSM reporters reach out to him?

Last edited:
Can someone please ask Lauren why MSM isn't digging into the background r/t public records, property sales, court records, BM's obtaining court-ordered guardianship of SM back in Indiana, what precipitated the move to Colorado in 2018, etc.?

Also, has Lauren attempted to contact SM's best friend from back in Indiana?
If so, did she indicate whether or not LE has contacted her?

Has Lauren confirmed with any of SM's family or friends what type of cancer SM had and/or what stage cancer?

Has LE verified indicated to MSM when they think the last verified sighting of SM occurred?

How does BM respond when MSM reporters reach out to him?

Lauren did ask about a last sighting of SM and LE reportedly told her that they believe it was "later than originally thought". She asked when the last time someone spoke with SM and received the same answer. (Sorry, I forgot to mention that - it was a pretty good nugget from her).

BBM:

Say WHAT, now?!?

So, BM is privately"grieving" instead of publicly pleading and/or searching for his STILL MISSING wife?
Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

You'd almost think he knows she's dead, or something.

I can't even with this guy.

He's so transparent.
So transparent.

JMO.

In Lauren Scharf's facebook live, she was asked, "Was the PI asked about the IN properties or did he volunteer that statement?????"
She answered that he wasn't asked and that he said it in his statement (which I'm assuming was written, by her response), along with how he also brought up the guardianship of SM.
It's around the 50:00 mark.
I guess that puts that question to bed.
But, it also begs the question why a PI would address both the sale of the properties and BM's acquisition of the guardianship of his incapacitated wife.
Why would he do that when one would think he'd be addressing the investigation of where SM is?
Yeah, we know why.

Last edited:
I couldn’t get LS’s Livestream to play until I got home and it was near the end so I rewound it and watched about 10 minutes until it cut off BUT I heard that part about asking (not sure who she was asking but assuming the friend) why Barry wasn’t speaking out and she was told he is a private man and he is going through a lot...as for Suzanne’s family she said they declined to give a comment but said Suzanne is in their thoughts every day. BBM. Hopefully others will have much more to report.

The most interesting thing that I got from Lauren Scharf’s FB Live was the appearance in the comments by a local “friend” of Barry’s, who defended him and said that LE needed to “quit messing with Barry” and start real investigating.

Interesting developments.
Glad to see LE taking some action. And we got confirmation they have been hard at work and the case is far from cold. A dozen investigators actively working the case.

JMO
Its obvious to me that LE focus is still close to home. I dont think we would have seen this new activity if there was not some solid evidence they have gathered that is keeping them close to home.

I watched LS’s FB live and one take away is that she asked the friend,TS how SM and BM met and he said “ They were NOT high school sweethearts , as she was 3 years younger than him. They didn’t meet until after BM had been cut from the Blue Jays (Minor League Baseball team). They met because BM was a groundskeeper on the golf course and SM’s family lived on the golf course “.

I found that quite interesting since some of us have pondered who might have brought $$$ into the relationship. JMO

The most interesting thing that I got from Lauren Scharf’s FB Live was the appearance in the comments by a local “friend” of Barry’s, who defended him and said that LE needed to “quit messing with Barry” and start real investigating.
If BM’s friends are coming out of the wood works commenting here and there, it means LE has gotten under BM’s skin. I bet he is still pacing back and forth looking out the window...

A couple of other items I believe Lauren Scharf stated:
- She asked the PI what he thought of the video BM did and the PI thought he sounded concerned for Suzanne. The PI said he had not seen the Draper video so he could not comment on that one.
- She asked LE if they were doing anything in Indiana and the response she got was that were not going to comment on that due to it being an ongoing investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991