Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Does anyone still think Barry isn’t a prime suspect?!

I would love to hear an imaginary conversation between LE and BM. ;):cool:o_O

LE: “Tell us why we should not suspect you.“
BM: “I would tell you, but you might think I am lying.”
LE: “It’s ok. We already know the truth.”
BM: “Then I don’t need to talk.”
LE: “Oh, we want you to talk. Better yet, lie to us. PLEASE.. lie to us.”

Yes, not much said about SUZANNE at all.

What is SUZANNE like? Does she love to bake? Is she a bookaholic? What does SUZANNE do to rest and recharge? What special activities does she do with her daughters? Her siblings? (Who I guess are satisfied with just keeping SUZANNE in their thoughts everyday.)

But Barry. Him we are hearing about. I know more about him than SUZANNE, the missing person! And he’s not out in the news keeping SUZANNE at the forefront of things because he’s a “private person” and “grieving?”

Wow. Just, wow.

What the silence of SUZANNE’s side of the family says to me is they don’t think she is missing. They know she is dead, and they know who is responsible.

Otherwise, wouldn’t SUZANNE’s side of the family be as vocal as heck??

(To those who say that LE asked SUZANNE’s family not to talk publicly about the case, I haven’t seen where LE confirmed that. I think BM farmed out that idea to the family, back in the beginning before the family caught on to what was going on—misdirection.)
bbm

Agreed with all of your post, esp. the bolded !

Still a prime suspect; however, If it turns out SM was last seen on Mother’s Day, there are some sleuthers who are going to have to do some rearranging in their puzzles.
IMO
Not really, there was always the possibility of a murderer for hire.

But I still think BM may not have been in Denver where he said he was. Maybe he got someone to drive his truck and phone up there to set up an alibi.

But I still think BM may not have been in Denver where he said he was. Maybe he got someone to drive his truck and phone up there to set up an alibi.

Now that's an interesting idea. I have been scratching my head about Denver for the longest. I think, now surely if he was really in Denver, someone would have seen him and we would have heard about it. After all, it's his alibi, right. It just seems weird, after all this time, that we have no information whatsoever about a Denver job site. Another possibility that BM might try to keep hushed up, a woman. No indication of that either. A romantic tryst on mother's day looks awful, but not as awful as murder, and its still an alibi. I keep wondering why there's no Denver details. Moo

Yep I agree. It wouldn't be weird to me if friends came up, some skied/hiked/biked and some didn't, and I might have to work (even working from home, I still have to bring home the bacon and might leave my guests to themselves for a few hours).
BTW the altitude can make a second consecutive day of any of these things pretty taxing for someone from a lower altitude.
I agree with you. With TS already having spent time with BM, maybe he needed a break.

Is that a bit weird? He comes all the way for the hunt, but stays home with his mate's missus for a day? And why didnt BM take time off work if his buddy was visiting?

Maybe he visited a lot and it wasnt something they made an effort for. Just seems a bit odd to me, I share your curiosity @Knox .
In the interview it was said Skinner came to Salida once, went with BM on another hunt to Montana. So not a frequent visitor. Maybe I'm dissecting a grain of sand, but it just feels odd.

In the interview it was said Skinner came to Salida once, went with BM on another hunt to Montana. So not a frequent visitor. Maybe I'm dissecting a grain of sand, but it just feels odd.
Remember he was also BM’s childhood friend. I’m sure SM was comfortable having him over. Maybe he was a frequent visitor in IN but not so much in CO. Maybe it could have had something to do with SM’s recurring cancer diagnosis. Maybe BM stopped hunting so often or having people over to protect SM’s health.
IMO MOO

The continued commentary by LE on when she was last seen (not answering the question, but commenting on the question with new info) seems to further undermine the bike ride story. If LE believed the bike ride story, or if anyone saw her leaving for a bike ride, the question of when she was last seen would be far less important IMO.

And when the bike ride story unravels, things look bad for BM.

MOO

It's not unreasonable to assume that an adult person of healthy body and mind who has been missing for two months is deceased.

There are the rare occasions when someone has been rescued after many years, and it may happen here, but it probably won't. Even thinking that she'll come back home years from now, doesn't mean you don't grieve for the loss now.

The word 'grieving' was used by TS and not BM himself as far as we know, but I'm not sure how better to explain such an intense emotion. To me, it's a perfectly apt description for the feelings I'd have if someone I loved went missing. Their girls are most likely grieving as well, regardless of the hope SM will be found safe and come home.

People experience grief when a loved one is seriously ill or it's unknown if they will survive. People grieve over the loss of a pet (not necessarily a death) or the loss of a good friendship.

I would grieve if my loved went missing regardless of them never being found. A loss is a loss.
Grief is a perfectly acceptable description of what you feel when walking into a room and expecting to see your love (or parent) there and then remembering they're gone it doesn't matter the reason. All you know and feel is the intense black hole that a part of you is now there now. You don't even have to think they're never coming back, just that you grieve that they aren't here NOW.

I would grieve because I don't know what happened to my love. Are they hurt and waiting for help? If only I hadn't left them alone! Are they dead are they being held by someone somewhere and for what purpose?

After two months, I would be resigned to the idea that they weren't coming home and I would absolutely be grieving long before that two month mark.

Grief isn't exclusive to a death.

eta: What if TS said that the girls are grieving?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but where else should BM be searching?
What else should he be doing?
Do people assume all those 100+ professionals overlooked something somewhere or do people think that none of the professionals involved are doing their jobs?

At what point is someone allowed to not do what random strangers think he should be doing and get on with the reality of trying to provide a somewhat normal existence for his children? If people thought he was innocent, would they still be so judgmental because his actions don't match their expectations?

LS acknowledged in the live last night that she had been given some information off the record. So, she knows more than we do and more than she's allowed to broadcast or publish and I don't have any problem with that.

It's sad to me SM's family doesn't have anything more to say than they're keeping her in their thoughts.
I mean, we're all complete strangers to her and that's what we're doing, at a minimum.
I hope if I ever go missing my family has more to say about me than that.

jmo
Lauren did specifically mention last night that Suzannes family has been asked by law enforcement to not comment or give interviews.

Do people assume all those 100+ professionals overlooked something somewhere or do people think that none of the professionals involved are doing their jobs?

At what point is someone allowed to not do what random strangers think he should be doing and get on with the reality of trying to provide a somewhat normal existence for his children? If people thought he was innocent, would they still be so judgmental because his actions don't match their expectations?

LS acknowledged in the live last night that she had been given some information off the record. So, she knows more than we do and more than she's allowed to broadcast or publish and I don't have any problem with that.

If people thought he was innocent, would they still be so judgmental because his actions don't match their expectations?“

BINGO

My opinion is influenced by the Elizabeth Smart case, but if BM believes that someone abducted her, I think he should be speaking publicly about that and keeping her face on the news nationwide. I’d think he’d want to see images of her released with a face mask on, as she might appear in public. I remember that ES’s abductor brought her into town with a face covering, which was odd for the time, but would be expected theses days.

MOO

It will be interesting to see how many lies, if any, BM has told LE. And if BM ever goes to trial, with no body, are proven lies enough for a jury to sink him?

It will be interesting to see how many lies, if any, BM has told LE. And if BM ever goes to trial, with no body, are proven lies enough for a jury to sink him?

Patrick Frazee was convicted in a no body case. Mostly he didn’t talk at all, but there were lies and inconsistencies. But that case also had sworn testimony from his accomplice. And DNA proof of blood in Kelsey’s home. So much so that it was not compatible with her deemed to be still alive. And they had expert testimony that a violent homicide was committed.

So, in a word, no. IMO. Need a body, witnesses, evidence.

Or a confession. Any or all may be coming.

Lauren did specifically mention last night that Suzannes family has been asked by law enforcement to not comment or give interviews.

I haven't watched her video from last night, but did she give any explanation as to why, LE asked the family not to comment or give interviews?
I've followed missing person's cases for decades, and the family ALWAYS has something to say, to anyone who will listen, in hopes of someone remembering something, or any kind of lead or clue that might help recover the missing person, or just to keep the loved one's face and name out there in the public eye.
Since the family doesn't know anything that could compromise the investigation, it seems odd they'd ask them not to comment or grant interviews.

I haven't watched her video from last night, but did she give any explanation as to why, LE asked the family not to comment or give interviews?
I've followed missing person's cases for decades, and the family ALWAYS has something to say, to anyone who will listen, in hopes of someone remembering something, or any kind of lead or clue that might help recover the missing person, or just to keep the loved one's face and name out there in the public eye.
Since the family doesn't know anything that could compromise the investigation, it seems odd they'd ask them not to comment or grant interviews.
Lauren didn't give a reason..just mentioned that they were asked. This is the second time Lauren has mentioned that LE has asked them not to comment. The first being her interview with DWAP( If you want to save time go to the 5:30 mark in the FB live session)

Lauren didn't give a reason..just mentioned that they were asked. This is the second time Lauren has mentioned that LE has asked them not to comment. The first being her interview with DWAP( If you want to save time go to the 5:30 mark in the FB live session)

It would have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall listening to the LE interviews of SM's 2 step-siblings in Michigan, 2 siblings in Indiana and 1 sister in TN. Do they know BM? Did they like BM? Did they worry about SM being married to BM? Have any of them gone to CO to help search for SM?
Those of you who have made positive comments about LE closing in on the perp are good medicine for my heart. Suzanne deserves justice...now!
MOO

Lauren did ask about a last sighting of SM and LE reportedly told her that they believe it was "later than originally thought". She asked when the last time someone spoke with SM and received the same answer. (Sorry, I forgot to mention that - it was a pretty good nugget from her).

Wow. "Later than originally thought." Which could mean she was seen after BM allegedly left town for Denver? Except we don't know what they originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991