Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased in a subdivision for 165k on June 26.
He sure is “busy” while his wife is missing. Just think that’s a bit crude, regardless of who he bought it for. JMO.
IMO, it’s hard to miss someone when you stay so busy.
I wouldn’t be buying my mom anything. Just saying.
If he were guilty, he most certainly would not be doing this.

If he were guilty, he most certainly would not be doing this.
Why wouldn't he?
I mean, if he were guilty, wouldn't he try to play Joe Cool and just do as many normal things as possible, like close a real estate deal, or invest in something for the future of his kids, or whatever?
Seems like that's exactly what he'd do.

jmo

Some of the news folks flooding into the area for the slab search mistakenly headed up Monarch Pass and found Highway 240 blocked north of Highway 50. I saw some instant news pics and it looked like a classic roadblock to me, as if LE was admitting local traffic only. I could see GD's house in the background, with a dark colored pickup that appeared to be an F350 Ford to me, parked in front.
Could it be that LE was protecting the family from privacy invasion? Would they do that for a secret suspect? Could it be that BM had nothing to do with the slab search? I have no answers, only questions. IMO
I could see them doing that for the family, particularly, the daughters. Plus, by “protecting” them they could keep a very close eye on BM, couldn’t they?

Why wouldn't he?
I mean, if he were guilty, wouldn't he try to play Joe Cool and just do as many normal things as possible, like close a real estate deal, or invest in something for the future of his kids, or whatever?
Seems like that's exactly what he'd do.

jmo
You are entitled to your opinion.

To me, this picture tells the real story.

That is going to be the photo. I’m actually very surprised it hasn’t been used more often-does the media require permission to publish those images? I found it chilling from the get-go. I know photos can be deceiving and really don’t necessarily capture truths. But that one. And when a buddy came out in defense of BM, I was like-where have I seen that name before? Oh yeah-there.

Whatever. He's not guilty of anything IMO.
Ok.

So the first search warrant means nothing?

The second search warrant means nothing?

The FBI dug up some poor person’s property over 3 days, for no reason?

What actions by law enforcement are telling you that they are not looking at him?

Ok.

So the first search warrant means nothing?

The second search warrant means nothing?

The FBI dug up some poor person’s property over 3 days, for no reason?

What actions by law enforcement are telling you that they are not looking at him?
NO ARREST! Nothing is happening, Nothing!

NO ARREST! Nothing is happening, Nothing!

It’s a no body case. It should go on for many months longer. You honestly expected an arrest without a body right now?

It took Connecticut authorities 7 months to nail Fotis Dulos. They had his DNA at the crime scene, a bloody mess in the garage, and caught him dumping trash-bags with bloody items.

This is not television.

It’s a no body case. It should go on for many months longer. You honestly expected an arrest without a body right now?

It took Connecticut authorities 7 months to nail Fotis Dulos. They had his DNA at the crime scene, a bloody mess in the garage, and caught him dumping trash-bags with bloody items.

This is not television.
I do NOT believe her husband did anything to her. I don't know if they will ever find her or her body. I say pray.

What story does it tell you?
MOO. When I look at this picture I see a man with flat eyes, seemingly a bit annoyed. He is “guarding” the doorway in a controlling manner. His wife is hanging back, very tentative, with a smile that doesn’t look quite genuine, but she must show it to say “everything is all right here”.
What do you see?

I think victim-blaming (which is what such a defense would surely be) would be read by many people as despicable.

Are you thinking of that movie where the wife sets the bed on fire with the husband in it? I'm trying to think of one that matches that description (super controlling person is murdered by...controlled spouse).

Maybe the Peterson (Owl) case? I can see that one fitting that description. And in a way, I think that was the subtext of the defense.

I agree it would be an unsuccessful defense strategy here.

What first came to mind we’re the songs: Dixie Chicks Goodbye Earl and Carrie Underwood Church Bells. The movie that came to mind is Sleeping With the Enemy.

But the obvious thing that these fictional stories—and the true crime stories—have in common is that the abused person who kills their abuser is female.

I didn’t pick up on control in the Peterson case. Boundaries, maybe, if the online material and messages being discovered prompted a confrontation that led to Kathleen’s death. I actually see Michael Peterson as the typical controlling man who kills. When the women (Kathleen and Elizabeth) exerted some boundaries, he responded with rage.

I wonder if that’s what happened here.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members