Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on steroids for about 5 years for an immune system disorder and I don't have "mania". I never heard of anyone having mania from them. All they do is take down the inflammation and increase your appetite.

There are different types and some are suspected of causing anger or rage. The coined phrase "Roid Rage" has been brought up in cases where there is a belief that the steroids contributed to a person losing their temper and harming another person. JMO

"The two main types are corticosteroids and anabolic-androgenic steroids (or anabolics for short)."

Slideshow: Steroids: What Are They? How Do You Take Them? What Are The Side Effects?

Last edited:
Agreed!!! FB works so much better when we're in the mountains, when we're at home (blocked by nearby mountains, etc). So do some other services.

It takes a bit longer, I'm told, for LE to get FB messages from FB (compared to phone companies), but I'd guess that even with CoVid, those messages were in LE (CCSO, CSI, FBI) hands by June 15-25. Would love to know. Am doubting that anyone except LE and courts will ever know - which is troubling to me. Still, I have some faith in our system and believe the FB data was available.
But couldn't her friend provide the FB messages since she was on the receiving end? Then they could get the warrant if they feel it's evidentiary in value? So at least they would know early on if her friend contacted LE or her family once she learned SM went missing? That's my thinking ...
JMO

I'm sure the job he did in Denver on MD was checked out and verified.

I agree that LE checked it out. But if there was no job-purely hypothetical, if BM said he was visiting a lady friend up past Denver, LE could have verified that detail and known exactly where he was on MD. They would not be obliged to share that information with anyone-certainly not the public. That’s a question for the PE guys. I am under the impression that this happens often enough in the course of investigations. People can lie about their whereabouts, for a number of reasons. It doesn’t make them guilty or innocent. It’s just another clue, other people to question. It’s a journey, not a sprint.

Now that I think about it...
We don't have confermation it was texting through cell phone or texting through facebook.

(Texting through fb goes through so much better than cell phones when service is spotty.)

As someone posted easier, the (...) will bounce up and down on fb texting. We know then, someone is typing.

If the dots stop and there is never another reply, this too will give the thought of "ending abruptly."

That said, if it is fb texting. ALL of that will be or is already, at the fingertips of LE.
It was late last night and I couldn't sleep.
I put my ear buds in and watched all of PE again.

Here are a few things I missed the first time:

* SM was on social media chat with her friend. (We don't know which social media.)

* They brought out at least three times that these two cars in the driveway gave a "red flag." (We have all given reason why logically there would be two cars, not BM's in the driveway. However, these two former LE red flag them----interesting).

*I lost count, but at least 5 times it was discussed/red flagged that a third party knows something of what happened.

* PE started at 8pm---- they said earlier that day they talked with a "3rd party"...
They said "...interesting things came as a result of that discussion."

* PE relayed that over the last two weeks, over the last few days, and early that day 8/8/28, the family had abeen given information from LE from the investigation.

I’ve stated before that with the few details we have Cindy Anthony comes to mind. My own MIL is a monster and although her son/my husband has not a nefarious or violent bone in his body it’s been done before. Too many times to count and acknowledge IMO. Enabling is a problem in many of these cases and obvious to those who follow!

My husband is a Mommy’s boy and I have no doubt she would do anything to protect him...would she help him bury my body? I hope not but honestly cannot say definitely not. I’m NOT accusing BM’s mom or anyone of helping him. Just saying it is very possible he had an accomplice and it sure seems like PE is thinking this could be the case. Sometimes there are friends & family that are “ride or die” that could be called upon to bail someone out out of jail...or in the extreme to help dispose of a body. We’ve seen it time and time again. Another example is MT in Jennifer Dulos case. Whether out of loyalty, for greed, or LOVE...morals may go out the window and the accomplice is probably not thinking clearly. Also I bet a lot of times the murderer has been filling their head with a bunch of lies about why or how it happened twisting it around to make them seem like the victim.

There are different types and some are known to cause anger or rage. The coined phrase "Roid Rage" has been brought up in cases where there is a belief that the steroids contributed to a person losing their temper and harming another person.

"The two main types are corticosteroids and anabolic-androgenic steroids (or anabolics for short)."

Slideshow: Steroids: What Are They? How Do You Take Them? What Are The Side Effects?

Good information, Hatfield. It is a popular fad these days among men of a certain age to take over the counter testosterone suppliments for libido and muscle building. Side effects can include irritability and aggression.
FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements

What happens if a writer’s contract stipulates payment per line, is obvious from the books by Victor Hugo. I assume YouTubers utilize the same principle, but, alas, without Hugo’s talent.
I have a stack of important, but boring, books, to read while listening to podcasts or watching YouTube.
PEs videos are too long. 14 to 21 minutes has become the sweet spot for YouTube videos, if the content is compelling up to a half hour. People lose interest and become weary. They would benefit much more by breaking the content up into a few nights of videos. I believe they are new to the game and the algorithm so it takes a while to see what works best for you and the audience you create for.

* SM was on social media chat with her friend. (We don't know which social media.)

* They brought out at least three times that these two cars in the driveway gave a "red flag." (We have all given reason why logically there would be two cars, not BM's in the driveway. However, these two former LE red flag them----interesting).

*I lost count, but at least 5 times it was discussed/red flagged that a third party knows something of what happened.

* PE started at 8pm---- they said earlier that day they talked with a "3rd party"...

* PE relayed that over the last two weeks, over the last few days, and early that day 8/8/28, the family had abeen given information from LE from the investigation.

Do you think that one of those cars belonged to someone who was with Barry up in Denver? If that’s the case, LE has a lot of questions for that individual. What time did you meet Barry on Sunday? How did he seem? What did you do all day? How was he on the ride home? Tell us about the phone calls he made all day. Did he try to contact his wife at all? When did he ask you to go to Denver with him? I think I’m going down a rabbithole.

I am bouncing back and forth between pre- planned (sent daughters and other relative away) or.... a sudden rage (oh, Susanne...).
I go back and forth on this, too.

I have so often wondered if SM was supposed to be on that trip, but stayed home for some reason. If he indeed planned the trip, it's really odd he would send her daughters away on MD weekend without including her.

Do you think that one of those cars belonged to someone who was with Barry up in Denver? If that’s the case, LE has a lot of questions for that individual. What time did you meet Barry on Sunday? How did he seem? What did you do all day? How was he on the ride home? Tell us about the phone calls he made all day. Did he try to contact his wife at all? When did he ask you to go to Denver with him? I think I’m going down a rabbithole.
BBM
Maybe that is why they are asking for video from May 8 ? try and see what cars were coming and going perhaps?
JMO

BBM
Thx Warwick! In reference to the bolded, I didn't catch that. Very encouraging that LE is sharing information with Suzanne's family. But we don't hear that they are sharing with BM. Another red flag. Moo

When I'm texting or on social media and my husband comes home, I stop. he's more important. Nothing was said how this ended. Maybe Suzanne said I'll get back? Chat tomorrow? Who knows???
As far as the cars, I assume one is Suzanne's and one is the girls. I don't see a red flag there at all.

My husband is a Mommy’s boy and I have no doubt she would do anything to protect him...would she help him bury my body? I hope not but honestly cannot say definitely not. I’m NOT accusing BM’s mom or anyone of helping him. Just saying it is very possible he had an accomplice and it sure seems like PE is thinking this could be the case. Sometimes there are friends & family that are “ride or die” that could be called upon to bail someone out out of jail...or in the extreme to help dispose of a body. We’ve seen it time and time again. Another example is MT in Jennifer Dulos case. Whether out of loyalty, for greed, or LOVE...morals may go out the window and the accomplice is probably not thinking clearly. Also I bet a lot of times the murderer has been filling their head with a bunch of lies about why or how it happened twisting it around to make them seem like the victim.

If someone helped him, it would likely be someone who would believe him when he told them that it was all an accident. That he didn't mean to kill her. Or at least very desperately wanted to believe that.
I accuse no one. Just a speculation based on human nature and human motivation. Moo

^^bbm

It's difficult for me to even let my head go to the fact this was Mother's Day weekend. I don't know what occurred here but when I look back at the 26+ year history and raising two lovely young women, I'm inclined to believe this was most likely a crime of passion.

SM is a petite woman, and everything I see about BM is brutish. He walks heavily on his feet and just appears clumsy to me.

As with so many cases before, like it's not bad enough when a partner dies at the hands of their mate, I think the cover-up has to be the greatest injury to the survivors. The not knowing where SM is, the unrest, and worry, it's too much. And to knowingly put somebody through that, it's unforgivable. For what? To save yourself? I don't think so.

I'm reminded of another 40 yr old wife and mother that was killed by her husband in 2017 on an Alaskan Cruise ship. Blunt force trauma to her head in their stateroom-- with their children and extended family members including the victim's parents nearby. When he was apprehended, he told the authorities his wife laughed at him and she wouldn't stop. He's still waiting to be sentenced --another court schedule the casualty of COVID19.

MOO
I forgot about that one! I also keep wondering if BM drinks a lot and maybe blacked out then woke up and saw what he had done?! Only speculating and obviously there is no evidence to support BM is a heavy drinker. Alcoholism & drug abuse have culminated in many tragedies. IMO

When I'm texting or on social media and my husband comes home, I stop. he's more important. Nothing was said how this ended. Maybe Suzanne said I'll get back? Chat tomorrow? Who knows???
As far as the cars, I assume one is Suzanne's and one is the girls. I don't see a red flag there at all.
Mike and Chris from PE are 2 former LE. If they feel the need to 5+ times to say they red flag the cars---then there must be a reason.

The "ended abruptly" worried, disturbed and distress her friend. That tells me a great deal.

SM's family wants this information out. And trusts PE to do it. The "ended abruptly" is information that they feel is critical. That tells me a great deal.

I forgot about that one! I also keep wondering if BM drinks a lot and maybe blacked out then woke up and saw what he had done?! Only speculating and obviously there is no evidence to support BM is a heavy drinker. Alcoholism & drug abuse have culminated in many tragedies. IMO
My heart weighed heavy listening to PE. My own thoughts are: BM never went to bed that night.

^^bbm

It's difficult for me to even let my head go to the fact this was Mother's Day weekend. I don't know what occurred here but when I look back at the 26+ year history and raising two lovely young women, I'm inclined to believe this was most likely a crime of passion.

SM is a petite woman, and everything I see about BM is brutish. He walks heavily on his feet and just appears clumsy to me.

As with so many cases before, like it's not bad enough when a partner dies at the hands of their mate, I think the cover-up has to be the greatest injury to the survivors. The not knowing where SM is, the unrest, and worry, it's too much. And to knowingly put somebody through that, it's unforgivable. For what? To save yourself? I don't think so.

I'm reminded of another 40 yr old wife and mother that was killed by her husband in 2017 on an Alaskan Cruise ship. Blunt force trauma to her head in their stateroom-- with their children and extended family members including the victim's parents nearby. When he was apprehended, he told the authorities his wife laughed at him and she wouldn't stop. He's still waiting to be sentenced --another court schedule the casualty of COVID19.

MOO
If someone helped him, it would likely be someone who would believe him when he told them that it was all an accident. That he didn't mean to kill her. Or at least very desperately wanted to believe that.
I accuse no one. Just a speculation based on human nature and human motivation. Moo
Also BM might use the daughters as a reason to help him. This has been a horrible accident but why compound it and leave the girls without their father type of rationalization?

Mike and Chris from PE are 2 former LE. If they feel the need to 5+ times to say they red flag the cars---then there must be a reason.

The "ended abruptly" worried, disturbed and distress her friend. That tells me a great deal.

SM's family wants this information out. And trusts PE to do it. The "ended abruptly" is information that they feel is critical. That tells me a great deal.
Exactly! If PE says they see a red flag, I'm going with them. Their years of experience carries an awful lot of weight with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member