Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back and forth on this, too.

I have so often wondered if SM was supposed to be on that trip, but stayed home for some reason. If he indeed planned the trip, it's really odd he would send her daughters away on MD weekend without including her.

That is an interesting thought I had not even thought about before.

Perhaps the whole camping trip originally started as a "girls weekend away for MD" type thing or maybe even BM may have originally planned to go along and may have backed out before that weekend which could have caused SM to back out as well.

Or SM may have just not felt up to it due to her health.

This could explain why she was all alone on MD for the better part of the day.

If plans had changed like that, then it could have been the start of emotions getting out of hand if this case ends up being a domestic not planned one. All JMO.

Nope, I was wrong, my apologies! BM said his workers were expected Sunday night. I'm thinking that my thoughts were that it was ********, lol. So again, you were right. :)
Whether he was telling the truth is another story.
How do I keep missing these things...I must become more observant because there are so many little details that can change things. I didn’t know the workers were supposed to be arriving Sunday night. If that is true then the Denver job can’t be made up because the workers would be interviewed by LE to verify BM’s alibi. Why would workers need to arrive Sunday night anyway? Why not spend the day with their family on MD Sunday and leave early Monday morning to drive to the job site? It’s just a few hours away. Then no Sunday night hotel or other accommodations necessary. Were BM & workers planning to drive back and forth or did they have somewhere to stay close by for the length of the job? We don’t even know what the job entailed or the estimated length of the job. Was this a big job? Was it one or two days? One week? If the workers were arriving Sunday night then were they already there with him or on the way when BM headed home after it was determined that Suzanne was missing?

From Warwicl's postre the PE tape :
* They brought out at least three times that these two cars in the driveway gave a "red flag." (We have all given reason why logically there would be two cars, not BM's in the driveway. However, these two former LE red flag them----interesting).

The two cars are still on my mind too. I think I posted yesterday that maybe they belonged to " the cleanup crew" but if that were true why would BM send the neighbor to the house?
PE states that the two vehicles were not Barry's acc to family members. I take that to mean they were not cars that belonged to BM's immediate family. Others have mentioned that they may belong to his daughters, workers or his sister which alll could be the case. My sense is that once we know the story behind those cars we will have another piece to the puzzle. One or both cars may be significant in some fashion. All my own speculation.
Another thing that bothers me, they never mentioned that the
neighbor actually went into the house or even knocked on the door - I just found that strange. Did Barry just have the neighbor check for cars and the bike and not check inside?
All JMO

Last edited:
When I'm texting or on social media and my husband comes home, I stop. he's more important. Nothing was said how this ended. Maybe Suzanne said I'll get back? Chat tomorrow? Who knows???
As far as the cars, I assume one is Suzanne's and one is the girls. I don't see a red flag there at all.

BBM:

That's incorrect.

PE guys said that the conversation with her friend ended abruptly.
The description is that she and her friend were texting back and forth, and then the communication just cut off on SM's end.

Given the fact that SM was reported missing the next day, the abrupt cessation of communication with her friend the evening before is a gargantuan red flag.

A person would have to be color blind not to see all the red flags in this case.

JMO.

In light of the PE, I am curious on the reaction and feedback on the members here who have thought BM is innocent. (Not trying to start an argument, or criticize them for their beliefs, but I love to hear what others of all viewpoints are thinking).

My problem with the Profiling Evil information is that it's double hearsay. I have no way of knowing the truth of what was said or even who said it. My advice to Barry Morphew would still be to keep quiet.

That being said, the Profiling Evil hosts did manage to do what media hasn't: speak to a member of the Moorman family. It's double hearsay and cloaked in anonymity, but hats off to them for their hard work.

My husband is a Mommy’s boy and I have no doubt she would do anything to protect him...would she help him bury my body? I hope not but honestly cannot say definitely not. I’m NOT accusing BM’s mom or anyone of helping him. Just saying it is very possible he had an accomplice and it sure seems like PE is thinking this could be the case. Sometimes there are friends & family that are “ride or die” that could be called upon to bail someone out out of jail...or in the extreme to help dispose of a body. We’ve seen it time and time again. Another example is MT in Jennifer Dulos case. Whether out of loyalty, for greed, or LOVE...morals may go out the window and the accomplice is probably not thinking clearly. Also I bet a lot of times the murderer has been filling their head with a bunch of lies about why or how it happened twisting it around to make them seem like the victim.
Very good post. Logical thinking!

SHARE: Shine a light for Suzanne Morphew tonight to help bring awareness and show the family that Suzanne is still in the hearts of many. Please use #ShinebrightforSuzanne so I can put some of the pictures in my story tonight! The story will air on FOX21 News at 9 p.m.
#FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne

Lauren Scharf

Attachments

• 45D74352-D2C6-40B3-8185-2726596DAFF9.jpeg
    45D74352-D2C6-40B3-8185-2726596DAFF9.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 8DBBA40F-A3CA-439B-934C-9EF7B59A6213.jpeg
    8DBBA40F-A3CA-439B-934C-9EF7B59A6213.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 27
When I'm texting or on social media and my husband comes home, I stop. he's more important. Nothing was said how this ended. Maybe Suzanne said I'll get back? Chat tomorrow? Who knows???
As far as the cars, I assume one is Suzanne's and one is the girls. I don't see a red flag there at all.
The friend said the conversation ended "abruptly" while they were discussing the upcoming plans for the wedding. To me this means there was no closing statement which was out of character for her. Even if she had texted something like, "we'll talk tomorrow," it still would have been suspicious, since she made many attempts to reach her and never heard back from her the next morning. Her daughters were also unable to reach her the next morning. There has to be a reason all communication ceased on Saturday night. Something prevented her from being capable of answering.

I've been on steroids for about 5 years for an immune system disorder and I don't have "mania". I never heard of anyone having mania from them. All they do is take down the inflammation and increase your appetite.

There is a HUGE difference between the steriods you take for health reasons, and anabolic steriods. Google anabolic steroid mania

SHARE: Shine a light for Suzanne Morphew tonight to help bring awareness and show the family that Suzanne is still in the hearts of many. Please use #ShinebrightforSuzanne so I can put some of the pictures in my story tonight! The story will air on FOX21 News at 9 p.m.
#FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne

Lauren Scharf
Love this!

PEs videos are too long. 14 to 21 minutes has become the sweet spot for YouTube videos, if the content is compelling up to a half hour. People lose interest and become weary. They would benefit much more by breaking the content up into a few nights of videos. I believe they are new to the game and the algorithm so it takes a while to see what works best for you and the audience you create for.
Good advice that I hope PE heeds. And you said this much more constructively than I did in my now deleted post!

I agree that LE checked it out. But if there was no job-purely hypothetical, if BM said he was visiting a lady friend up past Denver, LE could have verified that detail and known exactly where he was on MD. They would not be obliged to share that information with anyone-certainly not the public. That’s a question for the PE guys. I am under the impression that this happens often enough in the course of investigations. People can lie about their whereabouts, for a number of reasons. It doesn’t make them guilty or innocent. It’s just another clue, other people to question. It’s a journey, not a sprint.

Great point. If there was no job, no fire training, but instead a visit to a friend, that would explain the confusion about whether it was training or a job that took BM to Denver. If BM's alibi is a visit with a friend all day on Mother's Day, I have to wonder if it was very spur of the moment.
I could suppose that he expected to spend mother's day with Suzanne, until that was no longer possible. If he didn't plan to be in Denver, for a visit or any other reason, but
showed up there with little advance notice, that doesn't look good. Moo

What I really want is, a 1 hour and 26 min transcript of PE.

If anyone hears of one please let me know or post a link.
@Warwick7 Go to the PE channel on YT and follow these 3 steps..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.34.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.34.29 AM.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.36.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.36.39 AM.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.38.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.38.13 AM.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
...snipped by me for focus....

Another thing that bothers me, they never mentioned that the
neighbor actually went into the house or even knocked on the door - I just found that strange. Did Barry just have the neighbor check for cars and the bike and not check inside?
All JMO

I dont believe any confirmed details exist about whether the neighbor entered inside the garage or the house when she went to SM's house to check on her. However someone previously mentioned there is no windows on the garage to be able to see inside to know if the bicycle was still at the house or not.

One logical deduction can be made that in order for the suggestion that she went on a bicycle ride to look for her along the roads she would have ridden on, that the neighbor must have at least entered the garage if there were no windows on it. And if that was done then it makes you wonder if parts of the home were searched or maybe just her name shouted out through a door or something.

Unless there was a way for the neighbor or someone else to confirm the bicycle was missing, I cannot see how else things progressed so quickly to have 911 called and people starting to look along the roads for her.
All JMO

BBM
Maybe that is why they are asking for video from May 8 ? try and see what cars were coming and going perhaps?
JMO
Yes I really hope LE has obtained some kind of video footage that can help prosecute this case. There were four different vehicles coming and going from several properties in the Jennifer Dulos case including one employee’s truck that was being driven by someone else that day. LE was able to capture surveillance and security videos with exact times for each vehicle entering or leaving and the truck parked near JD home. I don’t think we will be as lucky with the video evidence in this case. But hoping there is something!

ITA with all of this. I have a bad habit of getting distracted while on a casual text thread and just wandering away from the conversation. It can be as long as a day or two before I check back in. I’ve also had my iphone battery die mid conversation. I can see a scenario where SM abandoned her texting because it was dinner time. Then decided it was too late to pick it back up afterwards. However, the friend considered it an abrupt halt to the conversation, so we’d have to know the more about how it all went down. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member