Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Interesting point. Anything is possible, IMO.

@OldCop This is a great point and I am glad that you brought it up. I can not see BM disclosing this information to anyone! I its baffling how this information got out. Could it have been deliberately released during questioning of a cooperative family member to put more pressure on BM? I am going to call in on this one!

It feels to me that this was a coordinated release of information—the PE interview, the Scharf interview, the CCSO post and new canvas. They are getting close. Probably want to find her body first.

Thinking he didn’t leave for Denver at 5 am....

MOO

Thankfully his arrest isn't going to depend on his cooperation or willingness to communicate.

Sheriff Spezze really called it early on when he said he hoped BM would continue to cooperate with the investigation. Red flags were popping up on day 1.
BBM
Absolutely was a major red flag to me too, This Sheriff has been tight lipped and careful in crafting his words. I believe these words were quite intentional.

It feels to me that this was a coordinated release of information—the PE interview, the Scharf interview, the CCSO post and new canvas. They are getting close. Probably want to find her body first.

MOO

I think your right on point. This feels like a deck of cards that is crumbling down on BM.

Regarding the “abrupt ending” to the friend conversation, the biggest redflag for me is her not getting back to the friend the following morning before the alleged bike ride, Not replying the evening before could be due to her being tired and falling asleep, but to not even respond the next morning is SIGNIFICANT. It suggests to me that she was unable to respond in the morning and unable to go on any bike ride.

Last edited:
Did anyone notices that BM changes his story about who called who on MD? He told TD that his daughters called the neighbor and the neighbor called him when she didn’t locate SM at the home.
See screenshot of pertinent section from TD’s recording below.
He apparently told the Morphews that he called the neighbor.
I wonder why the change?

I would be surprised if the daughters even had the neighbors phone number.

MOO
Agree. Maybe truck data puts him at the Salida construction site Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Agree. Maybe truck data puts him at the Salida construction site Saturday night into Sunday morning.

ITA! They had enough info to get the SW signed off at that work site. I believe they found something on that work site using ground penetrating sonar which led them to dig in a very specific place. I do wonder whether they found something and we just don’t know it yet, as it took a while to process at the lab due to Covid and the results then prompted further SW’s.

I think the second SW at the M house was prompted by either the lab results from the first search of the home, or from the search of the work site.

Just give it up Barry...we are waiting...impatiently :D

Still catching up so this may have been mentioned but,
I wonder how a family member would know BM's truck data doesn't line up with where he said he was?
This kind of info doesn't seem like the kind of info LE would share with family.
"Oh yeah, and by the way, the truck GPS data doesn't match his story" o_O
So... not really sure what to make of this.
If true though, well... who here is surprised?

ITA! They had enough info to get the SW signed off at that work site. I believe they found something on that work site using ground penetrating sonar which led them to dig in a very specific place. I do wonder whether they found something and we just don’t know it yet, as it took a while to process at the lab due to Covid and the results then prompted further SW’s.

I think the second SW at the M house was prompted by either the lab results from the first search of the home, or from the search of the work site.

Just give it up Barry...we are waiting...impatiently :D
As in the KB/PF case, I think they did find something. I too wonder what that something will turn out to be. A murder weapon? A gun?

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information.

RS&BBM

I think it's worthwhile to note, the CCSO also did not deny the info shared by the family member.
And if I were BM, I'd be feeling pretty dang sketchy right about now.

jmo

This info, which is really two sets of new yet different info, coming out within days of each other makes me think this is a LE strategy.

LE hasn’t told BM this info but wants it to get out to give him the ‘tip of the iceberg’ of what they know.

The two scenarios for my speculation are:

-LE can leverage a lesser sentence to BM if he confesses
-LE knows a third party was involved. They are strategically releasing info to make this third party realize that they are about to be caught and will leverage that into a confession that implicates BM. I think this is also why they would be canvassing. Perhaps stopping by places that this third party is known to go to as a way to send a very, very clear message.

Either way, this week has been very encouraging that justice will be served. I can’t imagine the level of evil that someone must have to murder a woman like Susan and use their own daughters as pawns in the scheme. Just pure, awful evil.

Knowing he refused, how does he face his daughters every morning?

I hope his children see right through this 'I'm smarter than LE bull crock....'

And now everybody in Colorado, Indiana, Brazil, and beyond know!!! :cool:

I have no doubt at all, he made up some reason why he declined the polygraph and the voice test.
Something along the lines maybe, of
"because I'm so distraught, what if it's a false positive?"
or "those tests don't mean anything, they're not even admissible in court"
or the ever popular martyr position from people with a thing against cops (because they're criminals)
"this is a violation of my rights, and those lousy cops already suspect me, and I would never hurt your mother!"

jmo

I think it will rattle some info to LE, feet hitting the street always a good sign.

Agree with you. I think there are some people who know things, especially second or third hand, that will talk when they are sure that the tide has turned against BM and he's going down. Human nature to want to be on the winning side. You just know that Salida is busting at the seams, with this going on over 3 months. People will be ready to tell every thing that they have been whispering about. LE is on top of this. Moo

Still catching up so this may have been mentioned but,
I wonder how a family member would know BM's truck data doesn't line up with where he said he was?
This kind of info doesn't seem like the kind of info LE would share with family.
"Oh yeah, and by the way, the truck GPS data doesn't match his story" o_O
So... not really sure what to make of this.
If true though, well... who here is surprised?

One way it may have come out. Lets suppose he was venting to a neutral family member that was still on the fence about whether he was involved or not. He may have complained to this person about how LE is treating him and even claiming his truck was not in Colorado when he knows darn well he was hard at work there on MD.

The other person may have questioned why would they say that. And he may have told them it was something about his truck having a built-in GPS and how he (mistakingly) knows it doesnt or he would have been using it to navigate to new job sites a long time ago.

Its either that or LE gave a few crumbs out to other family members in Indiana as they were trying to help them open up about the reality of the situation.
JMO

This info, which is really two sets of new yet different info, coming out within days of each other makes me think this is a LE strategy.

LE hasn’t told BM this info but wants it to get out to give him the ‘tip of the iceberg’ of what they know.

-LE knows a third party was involved. They are strategically releasing info to make this third party realize that they are about to be caught and will leverage that into a confession that implicates BM. I think this is also why they would be canvassing. Perhaps stopping by places that this third party is known to go to as a way to send a very, very clear message.

Either way, this week has been very encouraging that justice will be served. I can’t imagine the level of evil that someone must have to murder a woman like Susan and use their own daughters as pawns in the scheme. Just pure, awful evil.

This really sounds solid and i agree!

Something else that just popped into my mind is:

-The PE guys alluding to the two cars in the driveway
-A family member telling LS that it’s believed that BM is tampering with the investigation.

Those points are just vague enough for us to not know exactly what they mean. But I bet they are a very clear message to the person or persons that committed this crime(s).

I'm not sure where the Morphew driveway is that these two cars were .... can anyone point it out on a photo? The driveway is different to "parked at the house" or "parked by the garage", just curious, where's the driveway?

It is a curiously vague statement. It would seem that the only people who would know what cars were parked at the residence when the neighbor checked would be the neighbor herself and the people that she told, which would be LE. Since BM and the girls were all away, they would not know.
My question is.......how did the family member know? Was the family member on the property outside of the residence on May 9-10, is the person just speculating, or is LE asking family members leading questions? IMO

And the flip side of the coin is that the Ramseys took a polygraph test, passed, and if I remember right, that didn't work out too well for them either.
The accuracy rate of a voice stress test is only 50%. What if it shows you are lying but you are not?
Since they are considered inadmissible in court why not take one? It can't hurt but it can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member