Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I have not read the whole thread.. but I am working on a post for the Case Archive.

I need a list of the "red flags" and pertinent posts made on the PE show. Can anyone point me to a post or make a list for me?

TY, TY, TY.
I was summarizing while listening and captured about half a dozen of the "red flags" in this post. I don't know if more added after 45 mins.

REPEATING PE ACCOUNT PER SM'S FAMILY:

BM allegedly left home for Denver at 5AM on Sunday, May 10;
SM sleeping;
BM did not wake her.

Daughters cannot reach SM on Sunday morning, contact dad BM and he responds by contacting neighbor requesting her to go to the house to check on SM. At this time, there is no mention of the bike ride.

After neighbor see's 2 cars in the driveway and reports this to BM, this is the birth of SM going on a bike ride. (Cars not believed to belong to BM/SM).
[Huh? Sorry, this is not presented very clear].

How did confirming cars in the driveway translate to SM went on a bike ride?

It's described as the build-up of the bike ride story.

The staging of a bike story.

PE: ABDUCTION STORY COULD BE A RED FLAG

PE: ABRUPT STOP TO SAT NIGHT COMMUNICATION IS RED FLAG (social media chat between SM and personal friend).

PE: NEIGHBOR WALKS AWAY FROM MORPHEW HOUSE BELIEVING SM WAS ON A BIKE RIDE

PE: BIKE LOCATED IN RAVINE IS RED FLAG

PE: PERSONAL ITEM LOCATED IS RED FLAG WITH VARIABLE PER THE LOCATION

PE: BM STATEMENT TO TD ABOUT THE BIKE AND "LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED" ADDS EMPHASIS.

PE: BM SPEAKING IN PLURAL IS TRANSFERENCE - RED FLAG

PE: IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT ("IDNLR") FAMILY IS IN AGREEMENT.

PE: PER BM - EVIDENCE DESTROYED BY LE (BIKE); EVIDENCE OF SM DESTROYED BY MOUNTAIN LION; EVIDENCE OF MTN LION DESTROYED (RAIN);

PE: BM INSINUATED TO SM FAMILY THAT HE WAS THOROUGHLY VETTED/CLEARED BY POLICE.

PE: BM OFFERED OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CVSA (VOICE ANALYSIS TEST) -- PARTICIPANT INTENTIONALLY LIES TO CALIBRATE VOICE -- IT'S A TOOL OFFERED TO BM. PER THE FAMILY, BM TWICE DECLINED TO TAKE THIS TEST.

PE: MORPHEW'S DO NOT HAVE LANDLINE AT RESIDENCE.

BREAKING AT 45 MIN MARK.

ETA: SM/BFF discussing son's wedding Saturday afternoon and when convo went silent by Saturday evening

Couldn't agree more.

All of this in MOO is calculated.

PE is released...bam
LS info is released...bam
Now maybe other may be will to share what they know.
Now LE going door to door again...

Like a beautiful orchestra....
Also the leaflet drop being co-ordinated by CCSO... Generating lots of comments on their FB page and no doubt locally

Let's hope we get a wham bam!

Thanks for the link. I find it interesting the two photos CCSO included with their post. One appears to be a Loaf ‘N Jug which I looked up and it’s a chain of gas station/convenience stores in Colorado, Wyoming and a Montana. There is one located at 448 E Hwy 50 Salida. The other photo shows a sign for takeout orders including beer & alcohol to go. Hmmm...not sure if that place is right by Loaf ‘N Jug or located at a different location. I can’t see the name of this business when I enlarged it but maybe someone with more talent in that area can take a look. Do you think these places would mean something to the perpetrator? Maybe a vehicle was tracked to this location or a phone ping. I would think at least the Loaf ‘N Jug has cameras and maybe both. I read the comments too. So many people telling LE how to do their job! It’s so funny. There were a few interesting comments though re other theories. The comment I liked the most said “Is this a subliminal message...?” Me thinks it is! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is a curiously vague statement. It would seem that the only people who would know what cars were parked at the residence when the neighbor checked would be the neighbor herself and the people that she told, which would be LE. Since BM and the girls were all away, they would not know.
My question is.......how did the family member know? Was the family member on the property outside of the residence on May 9-10, is the person just speculating, or is LE asking family members leading questions? IMO

BBM:

We know that one of SM's siblings came out to help with the initial searches.
I would fully expect that this sibling would have spoken with the neighbor him/herself to get the neighbor's version of events and her direct observations from when she went over to the house.

I also think that LE has shared specific pieces of information r/t the investigation with SM's close family members to give them a sense of where the evidence is leading them.

JMO.

Do you think the family might have hired a PI and the information is coming from him/her?

BBM:

That info can't be coming from a PI.
That type of digital data/evidence could only come from LE.

A PI would not be privy to it, as a PI cannot obtain search warrants, and there's no way LE is going to grant a PI access to case files on an active investigation.

These are pieces of the puzzle only LE would have to hand.

If LE shared that info with SM's family, they had a specific reason for doing so.
Any "leaks" coming from that Sheriff's office would be intentional.

It's like the Chinese water torture technique.
Drip, drip, drip.

I'll bet it's driving BM absolutely nuts.
YAY!

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm still thinking we will discover there is another woman in BM's life. jmo
I would bet money LE is aware of this and has tried to speak with her.
And I'll bet BM has been in touch with her. And LE knows it, of course.
I just can't understand why BM hasn't fled the country tho.
This situation seems like a ticking time bomb!
moo

My passport is expired. Is there any site in the IT world that catalogues passports for J Q Public to see? I wonder if BM has a valid, current passport. If he does have one, flight to another country would be a concern to me.
JMO

Significance of Closing IN. Property Sale? Buyers' POV.
Well, it's possible that the financing would've fallen through if the closing didn't occur as planned. Additionally -- if I was the attorney for the buyers -- I'd be pressing for the sale to close ASAP. The last thing my clients would want is for the property to get tied up in an estate fight or even a wrongful death claim.
@lamlawindy Yes, agreeing on both above points.
1. W. a delay in closing, buyers' financing might have fallen thru. Current mortgage int. rates are crazzzzy low. A delay could end up being 3 mo, 6 mo, a year, when int rate could be considerably higher, perhaps putting buyers' monthly obligation beyond their ability to pay.
2. If, as @lamlawindy says, any legal problems developed w BM, could be waaaay longer until closing. And in the meantime, if buyers had been planning to make improvements soon after closing--- kitchen, bath reno's, new roof, update HVAC? Adding a guesthouse, a work/artist studio, stables for horses, whatever? Risky for buyers to spend (or borrow more) $$$$$$ to improve before they actually have title.
Ppl can say buyers insisting on closing are mean or selfish. But maybe petitioning for gdnship was just as much for BM's benefit as the buyers. BM may have had liquid assets on hand to pay for the subdivision tract. Or not, IDK. Just thinking aloud. my2cts

BBM:

I would fully expect that this sibling would have spoken with the neighbor him/herself to get the neighbor's version of events and her direct observations from when she went over to the house.

I also think that LE has shared specific pieces of information r/t the investigation with SM's close family members to give them a sense of where the evidence is leading them.

JMO.
and is this the one who said "it wasn't going to end well" ? I can see now there has been a whole lot of investigating going on IMO.

Yes. The girls’ situation is very uneasy, they have one remaining parent, and each other. I feel very sorry for them.

(Snipped )

To compare with the two recent Coloradan annihilators, what they do immediately after murders tells a lot about motives. CW sends photo of flowers to NK (romance); PF’ s mom and sister move for guardianship of his daughter (desire for sole ownership of the child mixed with certain paranoia).

The first thing Barry did was move for guardianship of SM in Indiana and also requested to sell jointly owned real estate in Indiana on her behalf.

My intuition tells me the main motive of BM will be greed, probably, mixed with unwillingness to go through costly, lengthy, divorce.

There are probably lots of other people somehow involved on the sides, and high drama, but IMO, it is less of control and more of utilitarian approach to life and people, well, peaking around his “critical age”, too,

I'm so glad some things are finally breaking loose on this case. I agree that motive is a big question mark - to that end, here's where my brain is on it (disclaimer that this is a working theory of motive if BM is guilty, IMO, MOO):

I've seen some posts speculating that BM lost his temper over something trivial (like SM texting with a friend). I think that's unlikely. While I know DV can happen in the shadows for a long time, I don't think we are aware of any prior history of violence. With SM presumably under a doctor's care recently, it would be difficult to hide signs of abuse. I just don't see it.

Romance, in and of itself, seems unlikely, too. There are far easier ways out and certainly if anyone was "trapped" in a marriage, it wasn't BM. Obviously the kids are old enough that custody isn't a motive, either.

That really, IMO, only leave greed as a potential motive for BM. I have to believe LE is looking deeply into this because a simple dispute over real estate or even a divorce seems "light" when it comes to motive. Was there more going on? Was there a financial house of cards that was on the verge of being exposed? Was BM involved in some shady business dealings and worried that a divorce could threaten those? Those would be the questions I would be asking if I was LE....

I'm also leaning toward 'no' on premeditation. The cover up appears to be sloppy. The timeline is tight. And maybe I just don't want to believe in a monster that would actually plan on doing this to his wife (and daughters) on Mother's Day. JMO, MOO.

BBM:

JMO.

I also strongly believe that LE has been carefully forthcoming with SM’s family, giving enough details to reassure them of direction and progress of the investigation. It is the best reason I can see them being silent so long.

MOO

I bet he had other vehicles available to him, but possibly not at the house. Or rather, not at his house.

I’m thinking about the timeline and wondering if he had time to drive a vehicle to another location, pick up a work truck, return and use it for moving a body, and then return the truck and drive home. Then leave again in his own truck, straight outta town.

Makes me wonder anew about those noises at the river house lot....

MOO
BBM This is another great theory!! IMO

BBM:

JMO.
Exactly. It's been reported that investigators traveled to Indiana last week. And no coincidence that SM family decided to speak after the visit.

Thanks for the link. I find it interesting the two photos CCSO included with their post. One appears to be a Loaf ‘N Jug which I looked up and it’s a chain of gas station/convenience stores in Colorado, Wyoming and a Montana. There is one located at 448 E Hwy 50 Salida. The other photo shows a sign for takeout orders including beer & alcohol to go. Hmmm...not sure if that place is right by Loaf ‘N Jug or located at a different location. I can’t see the name of this business when I enlarged it but maybe someone with more talent in that area can take a look. Do you think these places would mean something to the perpetrator? Maybe a vehicle was tracked to this location or a phone ping. I would think at least the Loaf ‘N Jug has cameras and maybe both. I read the comments too. So many people telling LE how to do their job! It’s so funny. There were a few interesting comments though re other theories. The comment I liked the most said “Is this a subliminal message...?” Me thinks it is! :rolleyes:
INTERESTING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members