Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

@ 31.00- Chris says, "that conversation Saturday night, it began Saturday afternoon .... if my wife's best friend, was in communication with my wife and all the sudden everything just stopped, I mean if that's not a red flag, I don't know what is".

Host jumps in and gives her perspective on how/why the texting stopped.

Chris interrupts her dialog and says "that's not what happened". He says it again in plural, "that's not what happened, that's not what happened".

Host blows over what Chris said and continues to talk about her own perspective on the texting abruptly ending.

Chris next says, "the girlfriend went into panic mode, let's just put it there", as he smiles knowingly and nods.

Mike jumps in next and starts talking about behavioral patterns, as in how does Suzanne normally communicate. He ends with "what some evidence is pointing to, is it wasn't normal behavior, so it becomes more important".

What was the host speculating about the interrupted texting that Chris refuted? Thanks!

What was the host speculating about the interrupted texting that Chris refuted? Thanks!
I think she was saying we need to know what SM usual behavior would be while texting. She was saying how some people would end the conversation with “ good night, talk to you later” or" .........
Before she could say another option for ending the conversation, Chris said very strongly “ didn’t happen that way “ ! I believe he said at least twice and shook his head.
JMO

I googled how to find vehicles owned by a person and found a nifty trick. They say it’s not perfect as it may miss a car.

Go to Progressive’s website: Quote Auto Insurance, Home-Auto Bundles, & More
Click “Auto”
Enter ‘Zip Code’. (I entered ‘81201’)
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Enter ‘Suzanne, Morphew, 4301971, 19057 Puma Path’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2015 Land Rover Range Rover
2013 Ford F-350

Beyond impressed! Virtual high five @Janeumayer!

Would that mean they would definitely both have CO plates?

If you bought a car in another state and then moved, would you normally change the plates?
Yes. When you permanently move to another state, you are required to change your plates. It looks like Colorado requires you to do this within 30 days, unless you are unemployed. You have 90 days in that case.

I googled how to find vehicles owned by a person and found a nifty trick. They say it’s not perfect as it may miss a car.
It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350
I tried it for Geico, and also got a 2003 Honda Accord.

Great job!!!! ...kudos to you super sleuths. On a sad note, I don't think Flo is going to be too happy about that 2003 Honda insured by Geico.

If you bought a car in another state and then moved, would you normally change the plates?
Yes. required by all states, as far as I know. Most everyone seems to drag their feet, not uncommon.
Indiana DMV....
When you move to Indiana, you will have 60 days to complete your registration in person at an Indiana BMV branch office. You must first have an Indiana title on the vehicle in your name. For details on titling, please visit our page on Indiana Title Transfers.

Last edited:

I think legally you are supposed to within a certain grace period. But BM’s truck still had IN plate. Maybe because he still owned property in IN it was ok to keep IN plates?

I’m just catching up after a few days away from this case, so I have this whole thread to go through.

In the meantime, I watched Chris Watts’ ‘USA Today’ interview earlier as I wanted to compare his body language to that of BM. There was ALOT of unwarranted head shaking IMO.
I noticed from the TD video that Barry constantly gestured with his arms, really throughout the entire video. I’m not convinced that all body language studies are accurate, but apparently having a lot of hand movement while talking is linked to deception.
IMO

Last edited:
Why did Chris just tweet a link to the video they did 5 days ago but added the name George Davis??

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1294767774326284288?s=21

For context:

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Why did Chris just tweet a link to the video they did 5 days ago but added the name George Davis??

For context:

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Do you think Chris might be calling out George Davis as a witness who hasn’t yet come forward with information?

I think she was saying we need to know what SM usual behavior would be while texting. She was saying how some people would end the conversation with “ good night, talk to you later” or" .........
Before she could say another option for ending the conversation, Chris said very strongly “ didn’t happen that way “ ! I believe he said at least twice and shook his head.
JMO

Have followed this case since day 1 and just keep hoping for a break. Perhaps Suzanne was texting and got interrupted mid-sentence by a noise or some other type of distraction. If she was perhaps saying - I think the bar harbor beige would be prettier as a background than the.... And her friend did not get another response.... I can see how the friend would be in a panic. And tried to follow up with Barry and I am sure LE at some point.

Perhaps Barry was supposed to be away for the evening or the entire night. That would make it premediated. I am still on the fence about whether he planned this in advance or he lost his temper and shoved/pushed her and she died. MOO JMO

For context:

Curious isnt it...

I think legally you are supposed to within a certain grace period. But BM’s truck still had IN plate. Maybe because he still owned property in IN it was ok to keep IN plates?
Likely cheaper in Indiana, I live in California which has the same basis as Colorado. My husband's 2003 Ford work truck is still over $600/year in registration & smog fees (even though it's a diesel), I'll shut up about the rest of my views on COL here.
Vehicle Registration Fees By State

For context:

Wow Cindizzi, great catch!

Maybe I'm tired...strikes me right off as fingers on the stove knob...slowly turning.

Last edited:
For context:

Uhhh, well, hmmn. That's not subtle at all is it?
The tweet is linked to this video, DO listen as it says he thinks the perp is watching tonight.

Just catching up in here.
The 2 RRs in the driveway were seen the night before, correct ??

Were they still in the driveway when the neighbor went to check on Suzanne, Sunday evening ???

I am trying to listen in on the YT but having difficulties ( as in interruptions by family LOL ) so I figured I would just ask here :)

I tend to agree with you @Fireflize with the asking for divorce, texting friend about it or about anything and then something happened.

Go to Progressive’s website: Quote Auto Insurance, Home-Auto Bundles, & More
Click “Auto”
Enter ‘Zip Code’. (I entered ‘81201’)
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Enter ‘Suzanne, Morphew, 4301971, 19057 Puma Path’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350
Stellar sleuthing, @Janeumayer!

MOO, but I would have expected a big work truck like that, capable of towing heavy equipment, to be in the company’s name or in BM’s name. That it appears in SM’s name may infer that BM and/or his company could be struggling financially. It’s seems odd and could speak to motive...

For context:

Does George own a Range Rover?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member