Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think BM killed SM and then asked himself , well, what do I do now.? There most likely was some forethought. Some planning. And I think a temporary resting place was part of that. I say temporary because I think SM will be found and given a permanent resting place. MOO.

This is exactly where my mind is today--on premeditation, on planning, on how those pieces came together IF they did and what that means for the case story. I feel like that's where LE is as well, given how AM came forward and he would never ever do this without their explicit permission and support.

In western Washington in late May 2020, two very experienced bikers (both men in their early 30's) were stalked and attacked by a male cougar when they were biking on a remote dirt road outside North Bend (20 or so miles outside Seattle). When the men realized they were being stalked, they got off their bikes, made noise, and attempted to look larger and threatening. One of them shook his bike at the cougar and the cougar appeared to leave; however, the cat circled back and pounced, taking one of the two men's head in its jaws and shaking him violently. The other man dropped his bike and ran. The cougar dropped the first man and chased and attacked the other. The first man got on his bike, and rode 2 miles away to get cellphone coverage where he could summon help.

Investigators working with dogs found that the cougar had dragged the second victim into his den and severely mauled and killed him (with injuries to face, neck, head, and leg). The dogs treed the cougar so the investigators could remove the deceased victim, and the cougar was shot. Wildlife officials say there was something wrong with the animal; it was emaciated and its behavior was very unusual. A brain necropsy was to be performed to determine if it was sick.

It was nearly a century between this attack and the last cougar attack upon a human in Washington; however, intense and highly dense development has moved human populations into territory occupied by the animals.

In my own neighborhood outside of Seattle, cougars are occasionally seen in a large natural park area that is located adjacent to our and other housing developments. Residents are encouraged to keep domestic cats inside and dogs close by as those permitted to run loose often simply disappear. In my own neighborhood, residents have posted photos of bobcats and cougars in their yards in the early morning or at dusk. Bears regularly visit on the night garbage bins are placed at the curb for pickup early the next morning.

Two attacked by cougar identified; wildlife officials say predator was ‘emaciated’

I remember that -- May 2018, my parents were visiting from UK and really put a damper on getting them outdoors. Made big news because it was the first fatal encounter between a human and a cougar in the state in nearly a century. Reportedly, there had been 18 nonfatal cougar attacks in WA state in the past century, and 9 were in the 1990's.

Thanks for clarifying, OM.
Yes, I personally can't see him talking to IE. ;)
But I'm not BM thank god and so I thought maybe he did talk to them to 'set the record straight', so to speak.
Lol.
BM you've already said way too much. :eek:

He hasn't tried to set the record straight so far, he just contradicts himself when he does speak.
Heck, he can't even be bothered to update his wife's missing facebook page.
I'd love to hear his answer for that.
Bobcat stole his laptop? :rolleyes:

He hasn't tried to set the record straight so far, he just contradicts himself when he does speak.
Heck, he can't even be bothered to update his wife's missing facebook page.
I'd love to hear his answer for that.
Bobcat stole his laptop? :rolleyes:
bbm
HAHAHA !

Speculation alert :
I'm thinking more along the lines of BM saying (to Inside Edition or whomever) "Let me tell you what happened."
As in --"Believe what I'm saying and do not contradict me !"

Thank you for this.

Barry, why in the world would you leave on Sunday to set up for a job on Monday that you would be coming back to start? You paid for an extra hotel night, and drove hundreds of miles, just for your "tools" could sleep soundly the night before the job started? On Mother's Day. The day your daughter's came home from a trip.

Step up to the plate, Barry.

MOO

Love "tools" could sleep soundly the night before the job started.
Valuable tools.

bbm
HAHAHA !

Speculation alert :
I'm thinking more along the lines of BM saying (to Inside Edition or whomever) "Let me tell you what happened."
As in --"Believe what I'm saying and do not contradict me !"

Or

Believe what I'm saying, even when I contradict myself.

FWIW some people create confusion as a means to dominate. Hard to pin a lie on a moving target.

JMO

MOO

I believe SM’s body is wrapped tightly in a tarp, secured with duct tape or ratchet straps.

I believe SM’s body was disposed of under cover of darkness, and by the time the sun came up on Mother’s Day morning, she was buried, or weighted down and sunk.

I believe the killer was aware of GPS tracking in vehicles, conscious of video surveillance and careful in disposing of digital devices.

I believe SM’s body is with in 20 miles of the Morphew residence.

I believe that the killer did not deviate his vehicle from a direct route, in disposing of the body, that’s if he did transport the body with his vehicle.

MOO

Sorry for posting unconfirmed information yesterday. :)

MOO. I feel like there is something important missing in the BM story and it keeps nagging at me, given the line in the sand that AM has drawn about BM needing to cooperate.

Does anyone know who the daughters went camping with or if they went alone? Does anyone know whether TN was near them and also camping?
How long did it take them to get back on Sunday and did they stay in the Airbnb or did they stay somewhere else (like with BM's mom)? AM spoke highly of BM's mom in the PE interview. I can't imagine how hard this is for her. :(

MOO. There's an element of premeditation that hinges on what happened with the camping--for example, if BM encouraged it, then it looks strange. Maybe he wanted some private time to have important financial discussions with Suzanne? Maybe that conversation went wrong? So he could have "planned" the convo but not the crime.

If BM had nothing to do with the plans for the camping trip, then maybe what happened was completely unexpected (i.e. a crime of passion scenario in which all of this has been improvised to cover what happened on Friday night).

Either way, the camping trip wasn't a usual thing during a pandemic, and I'm looking for information about why it happened, and why the daughters happened to be away at this time?
We know nearly nothing about the camping trip, and aren't allowed to sleuth the girls or any relative they might have been with. So we're stuck on that front.

So her treatments were possibly back in Indiana? Not likely she would change Oncologist, but she may have. WY is a seizure of property state regarding unpaid hospital bills as example. A friend was forced to sell his mutilgenrational ranch because of a open heart surgery with the bill coming in at about $750K they gave them X amount of time or they would seize their property. It would be interesting to know where she was taking treatments.

If her treatment was on Monday, May 11, she would have needed to leave CO to go to Indiana earlier than May 10.

It's my understanding her treatments were in CO. There was a woman quoted (CrimeOnline I believe - byline Lauren) who said she met Suzanne during treatments, and that Suzanne was a very positive person. That woman was a Salida resident IIRC.

If her treatment was on Monday, May 11, she would have needed to leave CO to go to Indiana earlier than May 10.

It's my understanding her treatments were in CO. There was a woman quoted (CrimeOnline I believe - byline Lauren) who said she met Suzanne during treatments, and that Suzanne was a very positive person. That woman was a Salida resident IIRC.
Lauren is with KXRM Fox21 Colorado Springs. She interviewed the person who had known SM from her treatments.

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

“Some days I would be in the chair next to her getting chemo. Suzanne was one of the nicest people I have met. She was always cheerful and had a great attitude about her cancer and life. She loved her daughters more than anything in this world and they loved her more than anything too. She would never just up and leave them, never!

Her daughters (one or both) would always be with her for her treatments. I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there. That is not unusual as it’s often hard for loved ones to be there.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

FELLOW CANCER SURVIVOR

MOO

I believe SM’s body is wrapped tightly in a tarp, secured with duct tape or ratchet straps.

I believe SM’s body was disposed of under cover of darkness, and by the time the sun came up on Mother’s Day morning, she was buried, or weighted down and sunk.

I believe the killer was aware of GPS tracking in vehicles, conscious of video surveillance and careful in disposing of digital devices.

I believe that the killer did not deviate his vehicle from a direct route, in disposing of the body, that’s if he did transport the body with his vehicle.

MOO

Excellent deductions, IMHO. And if he used an older vehicle without gps, to dispose of her body, I still think she is nearby, simply because he was under the pressure of a time restraint. He wanted to have her disposed of in darkness and did not want to cut it close.
He still had cleanup to do, had to deal with possible forensics on tools, and he needed to think about establishing an alibi with a clear head.
I do not think a job had already been scheduled prior to her murder.
Moo of course.

Pretty sure the Fire Chief said early on that Salida firefighters were not being sent to this officially as a result of pandemic, though he mentioned that one could still attend of his/her own volition. As additional training. Also highly unlikely that BM attended this event because others present would have come forward and spoken for him. MOO.
This isn’t the training by any stretch, it’s a beefcake calendar shoot

Lauren is with KXRM Fox21 Colorado Springs. She interviewed the person who had known SM from her treatments.

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

“Some days I would be in the chair next to her getting chemo. Suzanne was one of the nicest people I have met. She was always cheerful and had a great attitude about her cancer and life. She loved her daughters more than anything in this world and they loved her more than anything too. She would never just up and leave them, never!

Her daughters (one or both) would always be with her for her treatments. I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there. That is not unusual as it’s often hard for loved ones to be there.

Suzanne was so happy on the day of her last treatment. She was still coming in for maintenance treatments, but the chemo was done and she was doing great. She was supposed to come in for her maintenance the Monday after Mother’s day, but of course, did not show up. She was a bright light in this world. I really miss Suzanne and pray that justice is served.

FELLOW CANCER SURVIVOR

Thank you so much for sharing and quoting this, @Cindizzi. Suzanne always comes across as such a light of a human being, and such a strong woman.

MOO from the first day, abductor most likley.
As a wildman husband why was BM going on about cats.
He knows its not a cat, a cat cannot pull you anywhere without leaving blood and drag marks.
Puzzling about some random painful terrifying death was a waste of time, the only meaningful thing to do was to get to work leafleting, postering asking anyone and everyone if they noticed any strange people, noticed any vehicles, searching pullouts, trail heads and public trashes and dumpsters (sad but I know I would do that, at every place for 100 miles along the highways radiating from Hwy 50 and 225.)
Maybe he did all that? Usually a community would get on that project with a lot of help and the news would join in.

MOO

MOO

I still ponder a water disposal, as well.

Dbm, tried to post a FB screenshot of cancelled calendar event.
Sure looks as if BM would have been competing with a significantly younger set of women and men for a spot as most buff & attractive FF of the month bragging rights!
Wouldn’t all the other volunteers want their own copy for the fire station, biffy the buff as Mr May?

This is what has been revealed in MSM:

The Morphew girls were camping somewhere in Idaho, and were on their way back on Mother's Day.

That's it. No other details at all, and since they're considered victims according to TOS, they're off limits for sleuthing & posting here on the forum.

Okay. I can't erase my post but I won't ask questions about TN or BM's family or try to find info on the camping trip anymore, even in the context of BM's possible involvement. Thanks for clarifying. It gets confusing sometimes for me. Still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow