Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me?!
A what convention??
I am shaking my head....

The only thing I can find related to firefighters in Denver is this which I think was cancelled as an event as I am seeing some cancellation notices.

The event was supposed to be on
Saturday, May 9, 2020 • 6PM-10PM MDT for trying out for the 2021 calendar. But I think it was cancelled because it does say cancelled. Not totally sure.

CANCELLED: COLORADO FIREFIGHTER CALENDAR 2021 TRY OUTS - Colorado Firefighter Calendar

Last edited:
OMG. Fifty years of living in the country and we have never had a cougar until last night. Our son came in late from harvesting and there was one in the trees in his yard. No wonder people are so leary of them, just the thought scared all of us.

I can’t imagine going biking alone if you knew they were close by.

In western Washington in late May 2020, two very experienced bikers (both men in their early 30's) were stalked and attacked by a male cougar when they were biking on a remote dirt road outside North Bend (20 or so miles outside Seattle). When the men realized they were being stalked, they got off their bikes, made noise, and attempted to look larger and threatening. One of them shook his bike at the cougar and the cougar appeared to leave; however, the cat circled back and pounced, taking one of the two men's head in its jaws and shaking him violently. The other man dropped his bike and ran. The cougar dropped the first man and chased and attacked the other. The first man got on his bike, and rode 2 miles away to get cellphone coverage where he could summon help.

Investigators working with dogs found that the cougar had dragged the second victim into his den and severely mauled and killed him (with injuries to face, neck, head, and leg). The dogs treed the cougar so the investigators could remove the deceased victim, and the cougar was shot. Wildlife officials say there was something wrong with the animal; it was emaciated and its behavior was very unusual. A brain necropsy was to be performed to determine if it was sick.

It was nearly a century between this attack and the last cougar attack upon a human in Washington; however, intense and highly dense development has moved human populations into territory occupied by the animals.

In my own neighborhood outside of Seattle, cougars are occasionally seen in a large natural park area that is located adjacent to our and other housing developments. Residents are encouraged to keep domestic cats inside and dogs close by as those permitted to run loose often simply disappear. In my own neighborhood, residents have posted photos of bobcats and cougars in their yards in the early morning or at dusk. Bears regularly visit on the night garbage bins are placed at the curb for pickup early the next morning.

Two attacked by cougar identified; wildlife officials say predator was ‘emaciated’

Last edited:
All about the evidence. If a cat or any other animal was involved, there would be evidence of it. LE says no, in one of the few little tidbits that they have released. Sure, people can be attacked by animals-just not in this case.

You are welcome. I just don’t understand how the Indiana house would transfer from solely Suzanne’s name. I’m down a rabbit hole trying to figure out these house transactions. o_O They may not be relevant, but we just don’t know.

ETA: Looks like this was all discussed back in Thread 12, starting maybe around page 42 or so. He must have been awarded a temporary guardianship.
Still weird that his name completely disappeared from the title, just because BM got guardianship and was signing for Suzanne in that capacity, it wouldn't extinguish his interest in the property. I wish they posted their recorded documents! MOO

All about the evidence. If a cat or any other animal was involved, there would be evidence of it. LE says no, in one of the few little tidbits that they have released. Sure, people can be attacked by animals-just not in this case.

I agree. In the cougar-attack case I referenced, dogs were able to track the animal from the location of the attack to its den. If such an attack happened to SM, there would be signs and dogs would pick up the scent.

Also, cougars don't throw bikes on one side of the road and then toss their prey's helmet on the other. (This is assuming the reports about the helmet found on the opposite side of Hwy 50 from the bike are accurate.)

Still weird that his name completely disappeared from the title, just because BM got guardianship and was signing for Suzanne in that capacity, it wouldn't extinguish his interest in the property. I wish they posted their recorded documents! MOO
Barry is due to be back in Indiana Court on Sept 1st for hearing in the guardianship of Suzanne, I am not sure if he will have to show up in person or if it will be done through Zoom because of the pandemic.
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

One thing is clear from the weird Inside Edition video tonight: BM is not cooperating with LE anymore. He is not even pretending to cooperate. He has gone all-in on the BM vs. LE narrative.

That's a desperate move in poker, and it's a desperate move in real life. Because he has no leverage to bluff with that hand.
I think we may already be seeing the defense strategy. Moo

I noticed there has also been an added female attorneys name added to her non profit. Changes changes.......
Very very interesting. It looks like BM has an attorney looking at all finances, not just the one imminent house sale in Indiana... I think that he's getting affairs in order, finding ways to come up with cash to give to his defense attorney. Moo

OMG. Fifty years of living in the country and we have never had a cougar until last night. Our son came in late from harvesting and there was one in the trees in his yard. No wonder people are so leary of them, just the thought scared all of us.

I can’t imagine going biking alone if you knew they were close by.

I've always heard if you see one, they want you to see them. It's rare that you just happen to see one that doesn't already know you are there. That thought is just scary! Well the thought that they are out there and don't want us to see them too is scary! LOL

I don't think BM killed SM and then asked himself , well, what do I do now.? There most likely was some forethought. Some planning. And I think a temporary resting place was part of that. I say temporary because I think SM will be found and given a permanent resting place. MOO.

I think that’s just sloppy reporting from Inside Edition, repeating early rumors. I don’t think IE spoke to Barry themselves, they’re just rehashing other people’s stuff and being loose about it.
Usually they say "someone close to the investigation" for quotes. It's weird they said BM said.

Very very interesting. It looks like BM has an attorney looking at all finances, not just the one imminent house sale in Indiana... I think that he's getting affairs in order, finding ways to come up with cash to give to his defense attorney. Moo

I wonder how much of a control freak he is. I think I would want to transfer assets to my eldest child or make a trust of some sort, so I didn’t have to blow every last dime on an attorney. There has to be an attorney out there willing to represent him on a sliding scale, for great publicity.

The only thing I can find related to firefighters in Denver is this which I think was cancelled as an event as I am seeing some cancellation notices.

The event was supposed to be on
Saturday, May 9, 2020 • 6PM-10PM MDT for trying out for the 2021 calendar. But I think it was cancelled because it does say cancelled. Not totally sure.

CANCELLED: COLORADO FIREFIGHTER CALENDAR 2021 TRY OUTS - Colorado Firefighter Calendar
Thank you for digging this up!
Exactly what I’ve remembered since May, sounds more believable than a jobsite to me.
Now I’m left wondering if he’d have made it as far as the calendar pics or not...did he have a portfolio?
So many random questions, must need more coffee

Maybe I can clear up a few things and try not to muddy the water even more.
I didn't hear or see anything hinky about the transfer of title of the Indiana home.
If the property were only in Suzanne's name,
it may be for several reasons.
Sometimes when a business person is having
legal problems or is expecting to be sued, they
remove their name from property title so as not to have that property be at legal risk.
Did BM have some legal problems coming up?
Was he about to get sued? Judgements?
IMO, this was a legal maneuver to protect their homestead.
Also the purchaser of that home was a young
professional family who because they were new in town and starting a new business, couldn't qualify for a mortgage until they had a record of income for at least one year. Hence the closing one year after the initial contract.
Nothing unusual about this at all to me.

Thank you for digging this up!
Exactly what I’ve remembered since May, sounds more believable than a jobsite to me.
Now I’m left wondering if he’d have made it as far as the calendar pics or not...did he have a portfolio?
So many random questions, must need more coffee

Yeah that sort of event is a little more believable than working that weekend. I could see where an argument could break out on the home front about it. A wife may not agree to their husband being plastered on a calendar.

It would be interesting to find out when the decision was made to cancel the event.

I wonder how much of a control freak he is. I think I would want to transfer assets to my eldest child or make a trust of some sort, so I didn’t have to blow every last dime on an attorney. There has to be an attorney out there willing to represent him on a sliding scale, for great publicity.

I don't think he's worrying about the girls. That was Suzanne's role. He's only worrying about his own skin. He's gonna do whatever it takes to stay out of jail. I think that title free house on Puma Path is going on the market soon. He gonna feel like a big man when he hands over a million bucks, to a high priced attorney. Moo of course.

Yeah that sort of event is a little more believable than working that weekend. I could see where an argument could break out on the home front about it. A wife may not agree to their husband being plastered on a calendar.

It would be interesting to find out when the decision was made to cancel the event.
Looks like mid-March on their calendar promoting page, a meet & greet event in December publicized and appeals to send in photos mostly.
Much beefcake posing albeit for a charity

@allyoucantleavebehind - I need to apologize for not adding a disclaimer to my "what if post." For better than 3 months, we assumed BM traveled to DENVER on Mother's Day, allegedly to set up a job for his landscape crew. His crew was expected to arrive in town on Sunday night. We heard this direct from BM's lips (see YT video).

On 8/25, we heard for the very first time from AM, (SM's brother) that BM told him he was setting up a job in Colorado Springs and the job did not appear to be landscape related whatsoever. My post was only to confirm what I heard (i.e., interpretation of the conversation between BM and AM). I don't hold any truth to what BM alleges he did on Sunday.

And tonight-- BM reportedly told Inside Edition that he was allegedly attending a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday!!

Sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. :)
Looks like we are expected to take a multiple choice quiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate