Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, @al66pine , that's very interesting.

I was just about to type that it's unlikely ole BM is hanging out reading legal statures, but then the light bulb went off. Since SM had just come through a second bout of cancer, it's likely BM was involved in estate planning and this could very well have come up.

WOW.

All MOO.

Usually you need one of 4 things for a murder without a body trial. 1. a confession I.e. Christiansen case 2. another witness I.e Frazee case 3. Large amount of blood I.e. stauch or Dulos case 4. evidence bones i.e. wood chipper murder.

It seems like it keeps getting more acceptable to charge someone with less evidence in these murder trials without a body. Before you would have to go through with great detail to prove the person is dead like the Woodchipper case. Now we're seeing cases like the Stauch case that the arrest warrant didnt even say there was enough blood that Gannon was dead. Donthe Lucas killed Kelsie Snelling via strangulation it will be interesting to see how they prove that one.

Barry is in big trouble if they found large amounts of blood in the house.

Last edited:
not only do they (most likely) hang out with him, this guy has an army of supporters on all social media platforms, staunchly defending him, and victim-blaming his missing wife and her family. it's truly unlike anything i've ever witnessed before in a missing persons case.
I don't do SM so I haven't seen that. Who exactly is victim blaming? I know the fire captain said her friendliness was her "downfall".
What a jerk, no one asked for his analysis of her "faults."
Hopefully, her goodness is ultimately the downfall of those who harmed her.
Letecia S. also had supporters.

Last edited:
I’d imagine that SM’s best friend must have quite the backstory and text messages and emails on SM & BM’s relationship. She probably knew more about what was going on than BM could ever have dreamed of.
Yes she is the mother lode, the gold mine, the
jackpot for LE.
However, for her sake, I hope she's in a safe and secure place and keeps looking over her shoulder.
Strange things can happen to witnesses.

Great excuse to say that he has to go out of town for training and perhaps stay at the Firehouse overnight?? You know...(volunteer) duty calls...
yes and being self-employed would also aid and abet in a fling. Self employed people don't have to account to anyone for their whereabouts.
No one checking up on them (unless the spouse), no time clock to punch and they can fabricate their activities.

yes and being self-employed would also aid and abet in a fling. Self employed people don't have to account to anyone for their whereabouts.
No one checking up on them (unless the spouse), no time clock to punch and they can fabricate their activities.
A contractor that drags tools into a hotel room? Does he not have a locking, alarmed truck?
MOO have seen poor men have to carry in their tools for the night, but BM is a big time contractor, unless he's not. Is his business a vanity project, and he was a business failure kept by his wife?

I don't do SM so I haven't seen that. Who exactly is victim blaming? I know the fire captain said her friendliness was her "downfall".
What a jerk, no one asked for his analysis of her "faults."
Hopefully, her goodness is ultimately the downfall of those who harmed her.
Letecia S. also had supporters.

a small group of BM supporters on facebook, youtube comments, and reddit. trying to steer the blame towards SM's family. it's so gross. and they always pop up in groups to "attack" reasonable questioning, so i find it hard to believe that it's not bm and his "buddies." likely to be younger people, too, considering the way they speak, and threaten, and spell. lol. moo.

Lauren Scharf
3 min ago

Amber Jo Cooper put this together about the vigil last night in Indiana and the upcoming search for Suzanne Morphew in Colorado. I was told that the plans are in their early stages and once I know more about the large search effort I’ll let people know ASAP. #FindSuzanne #shinebrightforsuzanne #JusticeForSuzanne

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month

August 30, 2020

~snip
“Moorman spoke to FOX21’s partner, WTTV, about his plans for a massive search in Colorado beginning September 24.

“I’ve got help from Chris and Mike from Profiling Evil, they are helping me a lot,” he noted. But he asked for others to pitch in as well, as he described a “huge effort” now in the works.

“I need mountain bikers, I need hikers, I need rock climbers, I need cavers, I need drivers,” he said.

“Could use some drone activity out there. Bring your iPhone with you. They will set up a grid search and they will ping our phones as we move. They will mark off areas and take us to another area. I have two of the Benghazi survivors that will help us out there. They are gonna coordinate all the GPS.”

Moorman seems to be putting plans in place without input from his sister’s daughters.

“I haven’t talked to them. Been kinda silent out there which is disappointing,” he said.

Moorman said the family is concerned about Morphew’s two daughters.

“I hope that they are okay,” he said. “If they see this, please call your Grandpa.”
~snip

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado
YES!!!! We knew PE guys were giving him/them encouragement and backing!!

BAM!!

All the more proof there're are still good people out there. Those who have the tenacity to help the underdog.

Mike and Chris see this for what it is...murder. They have the skills, backing of professionals, and can tap into expertise in law enforcement others can't.

A contractor that drags tools into a hotel room? Does he not have a locking, alarmed truck?
MOO have seen poor men have to carry in their tools for the night, but BM is a big time contractor, unless he's not. Is his business a vanity project, and he was a business failure kept by his wife?
Oh, you mean like Fotis Dulos? The other controlling husband who offed his wife when she finally mustered up the courage to peel this
cheating parasite off of her and her family.
Fotis was called a multi millionare builder and developer but it was all a ruse, he was simply playing with her daddy's money and making believe he had a job and a title.
When she left w/ all 5 kids and threatened his
income stream, he flipped out and disappeared her.
Your post is very interesting, Boxer.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne’s brother clarified he did not see the recovered bike himself, but said investigators talked to him about what they had found.

“They told me at least the wheels weren’t bent. Nothing was tore up on the bike… and there was no signs of a struggle. And from that moment on – I thought for sure that this was foul play,” he said.
@Cindizzi I luv how you keep finding these tidbits. Keep 'em coming!!!

Does anyone think that a search warrant has been issued to investigate the source of the M
family income?
Is LE looking into how much BM was contributing to the household and family support?
IME, husbands planning their exit from a marriage start doing things differently, like
claiming no income (due to pandemic ??) but
really squirreling their money in secret accts.
Maybe BM was squirreling and SM learned of it.
I'm sure there were some major questionable
"current circumstances" going on and as astute as SM was, she probably suspected and maybe uncovered this. Another blowout.

MOO ......sbm... but BM is a big time contractor, unless he's not. Is his business a vanity project, and he was a business failure kept by his wife?
I hope Le or PE look into this. Wonder what the folks back in Indiana would say? Or AM?
Maybe another reason he wanted to leave Indiana. Go to a new state where he could
BS the new people about his success.

Nothing new in the guardianship docket
Just the hearing tomorrow
06/01/2020
Case Opened as a New Filing

06/03/2020
Appearance Filed
Appearance of attorney
For Party:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Guardianship Information Sheet Filed
Guardianship Information Sheet
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Document Filed
Application of Guardian
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Petition to Establish Guardianship Filed
Petition
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Oath Filed
Oath of Guardian
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Document Filed
Guide of Guardian
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Document Filed
Instructions of Guardian
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Consent Form Filed
Consent of Interested Party
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Waive Hearing
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Sell real estate
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/05/2020
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship scheduled for 09/01/2020 at 10:00 AM.

06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Approving Sale of Real Estate entered. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Granting Temporary Guardianship
Judge CASATI,MICHAEL

Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Letters of Guardianship Issued
Temporary Adult Guardianship

File Stamp:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Setting Videoconference Hearing entered. The Court schedules a hearing to be conducted as a Microsoft Teams Videoconference Hearing on Sept. 1, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/06/2020
Automated Paper Notice Issued to Parties
Order Granting Temporary Guardianship ---- 6/5/2020 : Suzanne R Morphew Letters of Guardianship Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Suzanne R Morphew

06/06/2020
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Order Granting Temporary Guardianship ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Letters of Guardianship Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Order Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller

07/07/2020
Notice to Court Filed
Notice of Filing of Inventory filed. ss
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
07/06/2020
07/07/2020
Inventory Filed
Inventory filed. ss
Party:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
07/06/2020

09/01/2020
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship
Session:
09/01/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Casati, Michael A.
Comment:
345-MAC-permanent (by video, 30 minutes)
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

not only do they (most likely) hang out with him, this guy has an army of supporters on all social media platforms, staunchly defending him, and victim-blaming his missing wife and her family. it's truly unlike anything i've ever witnessed before in a missing persons case.
The same thing happened with Letecia Stauch and Chris Watts. I did not know it was true for BM, as well. For TS and more recently, Shannon Ryan, having followers on SM helped validate their claims and boosted their confidence. People with narcissistic personalities need this kind of support to feed their egos. Imo

a small group of BM supporters on facebook, youtube comments, and reddit. trying to steer the blame towards SM's family. it's so gross. and they always pop up in groups to "attack" reasonable questioning, so i find it hard to believe that it's not bm and his "buddies." likely to be younger people, too, considering the way they speak, and threaten, and spell. lol. moo.
Don't be surprised if some of those supporters show up here on WS. We've had them come in on other threads and their comments are so off the wall and without basis that they're easy to spot and call out.
Then once he's charged for the murder and an
atty is actively involved with his defense, we may get PAID trolls who come in to taint the jury pool. We've had our share of those here too. Usually, they're easy to spot, so watch for it.

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The family of Suzanne Morphew, the Chaffee County woman who went missing on Mother's Day, told Dateline NBC that they're taking action into their own hands to bring Morphew home.

“I'm tired of waiting," Morphew's brother Andrew Moorman said in an interview shared with News5 from Dateline NBC. For him, it's time.

"I can't stand the lack of information anymore," he said. So, he's taking actions into his own hands. “I need boots on the ground. I need to find my little sister. And I'm putting forth an effort right now," he said.
~snip

“It's time now to rally the troops and head west," Moorman said.

A team of volunteers is set to leave Indiana and start searching in Colorado on Sept. 23.

"We're taking boats, kayaks, four-wheelers. I need dirt bikers, I need rock climbers, mountain climbers," Moorman said. "We need four-wheelers. Everything you can imagine that might run over that terrain."

Moorman is taking all the help he can get. “I'm hoping to get a thousand or more people," he said. "Anybody that wants to go, join in."

More at link: Suzanne Morphew's family organizing extensive search, taking any help they can get

Last edited:
https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/08...phew-says-her-two-daughters-have-been-silent/
‘I hope that they’re okay’: Brother of Suzanne Morphew says her two daughters have been silent

August 31, 2020

Suzanne Morphew’s brother said his sister had been confiding in a friend before she vanished on Mother’s Day weekend. “Maybe things weren’t hunky dory,” he said

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/08/31/i-hope-that-theyre-okay-brother-of-missing-suzanne-morphew-says-her-two-daughters-have-been-silent/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member