Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I hope that they’re okay’: Brother of Suzanne Morphew says her two daughters have been silent

August 31, 2020

Suzanne Morphew’s brother said his sister had been confiding in a friend before she vanished on Mother’s Day weekend. “Maybe things weren’t hunky dory,” he said

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/08/31/i-hope-that-theyre-okay-brother-of-missing-suzanne-morphew-says-her-two-daughters-have-been-silent/
I’ve been wondering if the daughters are attending high school and college classes, both schools have started up

Absolutely. Something thought of quickly and well executed is what I think. If not a stranger/psycho during the day, BM had time at night. I am very open to a stranger/stalker but nothing is coming forth yet about an unaccounted for car going through the area. etc.
BUT about the mountains, they are quiet at night and 4 wheeler noise could easily have been be heard down at the campground.
This is why I think if BM involved he covered his movements with "normal" activity. Like possibly going to the jobsite in Salida to pick up equipment.

Notably the bike was down a hill on 225 and the personal item up the hill on the other side of 50. Both items at tossing distance from the road.

While I’m not sure four wheeler noise in their rural area would be remarkable, it would certainly depend on the time an ATV is active if anyone took note of the noise.

Could BM have hiked into the back country behind the Morphew house with SUZANNE’s body? Maybe. He sure would have been highly motivated to disappear her ASAP that Saturday night prior to Mother’s Day.

Searchers and search dogs are not infallible. And I don’t know how or where the searches took place those first few days.

But mainly, I’m rethinking how things might have been on that Saturday evening at the Morphew house. I don’t have a one best guess for where SUZANNE’s remains are.

I’d love for AM’s September search to reap some benefits.

IMO

"In a new revelation, Moormon reportedly claimed that his sister had become close with an unidentified person prior to her disappearance."

Interesting. IMO.

IMO, the article’s paraphrasing took liberties beyond what was actually said by the brother.

I wonder, if spending more time together, revealed to SM, BM's character.
She possibly requested a divorce, as things between them were poor.
Now she is missing, and we (plus the Moorman family, plus the Salida community), all learn about BM's character.
Things are not rosy for BM.o_O
MOO.
BBM That’s what I think. She probably stayed very busy with the girl’s activities. With one off to college and the younger one almost out of HS the activities slowed down. She was forced to spend more time with BM alone. The move to CO intensified this. His facade started to crack. MOO

Yes. A highly visible search with people from out of state. Meanwhile, what’s Barry doing?
I'm gonna guess hiding.
Whatever he's doing, on the inside he's gonna be so perturbed. We see how he's attacking LE's efforts. How's he gonna spin his attack on her brother's search effort? It's gonna make him look bad. It's what he should have done but didn't. If he was innocent, that is.
Moo

How do we know he’s at the gym?
I was able to locate the info about BM going to the gym:
Starting at 3:16 in Lauren talking to the PE guys about what she learned on her second trip back to Salida.

03:16 interview with me and then i also went
03:18 to their gym and
03:19 um she was an avid gym goer she went
03:24 daily it sounds like and it sounds like
03:26 barry is continuing to go to the gym
03:29 just to get away from it all and
03:30 everything like that

How in the world would you blame the victim? “His missing wife”? She didn’t asked to be disappeared. I can’t understand people sometimes. She fought 2 years with her latest cancer to LIVE for Peet’s sake!
Well, she did live from her cancer, so maybe plan B was put into affect?
Just a thought.

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The family of Suzanne Morphew, the Chaffee County woman who went missing on Mother's Day, told Dateline NBC that they're taking action into their own hands to bring Morphew home.

“I'm tired of waiting," Morphew's brother Andrew Moorman said in an interview shared with News5 from Dateline NBC. For him, it's time.

"I can't stand the lack of information anymore," he said. So, he's taking actions into his own hands. “I need boots on the ground. I need to find my little sister. And I'm putting forth an effort right now," he said.
~snip

“It's time now to rally the troops and head west," Moorman said.

A team of volunteers is set to leave Indiana and start searching in Colorado on Sept. 23.

"We're taking boats, kayaks, four-wheelers. I need dirt bikers, I need rock climbers, mountain climbers," Moorman said. "We need four-wheelers. Everything you can imagine that might run over that terrain."

Moorman is taking all the help he can get. “I'm hoping to get a thousand or more people," he said. "Anybody that wants to go, join in."

More at link: Suzanne Morphew's family organizing extensive search, taking any help they can get
Dateline is already on the case?! Wow! Well it would make a perfect Dateline...I can see it now and hear the way they will tell it and string the viewers along until the shocking ending. And we already know...”it’s not going to end well” but hopefully with someone locked away for the rest of his life on Earth. But even that will not be any consolation to their daughters.

Yes, you're right.
I just finished watching TD's interview. BM was describing the bike as it was positioned in the ditch, before it was taken out. That's the way I interpreted it. He says something about the wheel and stops himself.
I've got private people working for me that say maybe she was abducted right here.

That settles that, I guess.

I hope that SM is found before the planned search being organized by AM, but if not, I can't imagine BM not being at least publicly on board and involved in that.
I cannot come up with a single reason/excuse that could be given for him to not be involved.

jmo

"In a new revelation, Moormon reportedly claimed that his sister had become close with an unidentified person prior to her disappearance."

Interesting. IMO.
Right after that sentence, AM states:

"I think there’s a friend that she texted a lot and talked to, that she confided in, and maybe things weren’t hunky dory” in the marriage, Moormon said, according to the report."

This is the unidentified friend.

I also think this may have been the catalyst that sent BM over the edge. If SM was confiding in her friend and BM found out, it would have made him feel he was losing control. She may have been trying to convince SM to move back to IN. He may have built up a resentment against the friend; almost a jealousy. That hours long text conversation might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. MOO
Oh yeah! This makes a lot of sense @OldCop! He would feel angry that Suzanne was betraying him by telling her friend their “private business.” Maybe he read her messages or heard her talking?

Just a random thought that has been on my mind (this is IMO, JMO):

I'm willing to, reluctantly, give BM the benefit of the doubt re: showing up for SMs vigil the other night. It's a long way to travel, it's clear that the person who organized it (AM) isn't exactly in his corner, and there could be a multitude of legitimate/semi-legitimate reasons why he didn't go. But what I was surprised by was the fact that nobody spoke for BM at the vigil. BM appears to have small cadre of supporters online, but none of them apparently were willing (or maybe, more likely, weren't asked?) to stand up and give a simple "I spoke with BM and he wishes he could be here and is so thankful for the support", etc. I'll readily admit that it's increasingly difficult to put myself in BMs shoes (assume he's innocent) and try to look at his actions through an objective lens, but this sticks in my craw, as my grandpa might have said. I can't think of a reason why an innocent, grieving husband wouldn't - at a minimum - want to make sure a message like that was shared with his hometown, even if the person organizing it is skeptical of your innocence. JMO.

I hope that SM is found before the planned search being organized by AM, but if not, I can't imagine BM not being at least publicly on board and involved in that.
I cannot come up with a single reason/excuse that could be given for him to not be involved.

jmo
The search is going to take a huge amount of coordination. One way we could help is to donate to lodging costs, I hope they make that type of fund available. I say "we" generally, meaning people who can't be there physically to search. Get some temporary "B&B's" going, etc. Maybe outfitting camp grounds with decent tents. And food. And cooks, and donated food.

Just a random thought that has been on my mind (this is IMO, JMO):

I'm willing to, reluctantly, give BM the benefit of the doubt re: showing up for SMs vigil the other night. It's a long way to travel, it's clear that the person who organized it (AM) isn't exactly in his corner, and there could be a multitude of legitimate/semi-legitimate reasons why he didn't go. But what I was surprised by was the fact that nobody spoke for BM at the vigil. BM appears to have small cadre of supporters online, but none of them apparently were willing (or maybe, more likely, weren't asked?) to stand up and give a simple "I spoke with BM and he wishes he could be here and is so thankful for the support", etc. I'll readily admit that it's increasingly difficult to put myself in BMs shoes (assume he's innocent) and try to look at his actions through an objective lens, but this sticks in my craw, as my grandpa might have said. I can't think of a reason why an innocent, grieving husband wouldn't - at a minimum - want to make sure a message like that was shared with his hometown, even if the person organizing it is skeptical of your innocence. JMO.
Such a good point you are making. You are looking at this from the perspective of what you, an innocent, decent, loving
person would do, I think.
I do not assume BM to be any of that, in light of his behavior.
I cannot think of anything at all that BM has done to date that I can view as something an innocent person would do. Moo of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky