Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BM couldn't attend live there was nothing stopping him from "zooming" into the rally remotely or sending a statement to be read by his or Suzanne's family or even THANKING everyone for their support and caring about Suzanne after the rally. I've not seen a anything from him. Has he shown any gratitude at all for the event?

IMO, it's waaaaay too late for BM to start acting as if he wants to find SM. He distanced himself from her and her disappearance from the very beginning, except for an odd, jarring 26-second video that sounded like he was speaking to a kidnapper.

Just IMO -- to people like BM, other people are useful objects, gray entities who aren't really important in themselves, but who provide essential services to their betters, like BM. He doesn't have much emotional attachment, but is more interested in setting up HIS life so he only has to do what he feels like doing. Daily adulting is not anything he is interested in -- he arranges staff for that. Sex and money can be married into, and you'll rarely see a person like BM married to anyone who is poor and plain; also, someone who is seriously involved in a time-consuming, brainy occupation doesn't attract people like BM because much of that person's attention, time and energy will be directed toward a serious life's work and not to BM's comfort. It's also irritating when friends and acquaintances remark upon a spouse's intelligence and advanced skills -- such praise should be reserved for the head of the household, no matter what he is doing or not doing.

What I wrote sounds awful. But after reading about SP and PF, how can we not think this of BM? I'll never forget PF's comment about being surprised there was a search for KB: "People go missing every day!!%&!#@!!" It was as if she was a nonentity. Horrifying.

IMO, it's waaaaay too late for BM to start acting as if he wants to find SM. He distanced himself from her and her disappearance from the very beginning, except for an odd, jarring 26-second video that sounded like he was speaking to a kidnapper.

Just IMO -- to people like BM, other people are useful objects, gray entities who aren't really important in themselves, but who provide essential services to their betters, like BM. He doesn't have much emotional attachment, but is more interested in setting up HIS life so he only has to do what he feels like doing. Daily adulting is not anything he is interested in -- he arranges staff for that. Sex and money can be married into, and you'll rarely see a person like BM married to anyone who is poor and plain; also, someone who is seriously involved in a time-consuming, brainy occupation doesn't attract people like BM because much of that person's attention, time and energy will be directed toward a serious life's work and not to BM's comfort. It's also irritating when friends and acquaintances remark upon a spouse's intelligence and advanced skills -- such praise should be reserved for the head of the household, no matter what he is doing or not doing.

What I wrote sounds awful. But after reading about SP and PF, how can we not think this of BM? I'll never forget PF's comment about being surprised there was a search for KB: "People go missing every day!!%&!#@!!" It was as if she was a nonentity. Horrifying.
Perhaps to late for the general public to believe it, but its never too soon to start working on your trial defense. If BM's smart hes at least contacted in attorney

SM’s brothers upcoming search efforts are commendable. IMO, this is where poor families of the missing will most likely feel another level of disappointment, frustration and desperation.

IMO, LE will not support this search effort. Therefore, the skill set truly needed will kindly get turned down because LE did not call them up directly. Folks that are on SAR teams will most likely not go rogue and risk their position with their organization for a private search. They will also not be covered if they get injured.

Anyone who would charge you for their service, IMO, is questionable. Unless of course we are talking about air support (helicopter), that will cost you, as an example.

Then you are kind of left with a bunch of folks with good intentions but are not a good choice for a search in that kind of terrain. Let’s say you get 300-500 volunteers, that’s a large number to keep track of safety wise, then you worry that everyone knows areas they can and cannot go (trespassing). This search will most likely not sit well with LE. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds and of course I wish them all safety and the resolution they are hoping for. Just my opinion.

I don't think there's invitations. He's asking for 1000 or more to volunteer.

If it is well advertised and appeals are made to hunters,climbers and other outdoor experts I am sure they will manage to gather 1000 volunteers.
Could any local websleuthers help by putting up posters or sending information to local clubs asking people to volunteer?

SM’s brothers upcoming search efforts are commendable. IMO, this is where poor families of the missing will most likely feel another level of disappointment, frustration and desperation.

IMO, LE will not support this search effort. Therefore, the skill set truly needed will kindly get turned down because LE did not call them up directly. Folks that are on SAR teams will most likely not go rogue and risk their position with their organization for a private search. They will also not be covered if they get injured.

Anyone who would charge you for their service, IMO, is questionable. Unless of course we are talking about air support (helicopter), that will cost you, as an example.

Then you are kind of left with a bunch of folks with good intentions but are not a good choice for a search in that kind of terrain. Let’s say you get 300-500 volunteers, that’s a large number to keep track of safety wise, then you worry that everyone knows areas they can and cannot go (trespassing). This search will most likely not sit well with LE. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds and of course I wish them all safety and the resolution they are hoping for. Just my opinion.
Sadly I agree, time is of the essence in missing persons cases and neither the family nor LE were given the appropriate timeline from the start. Who knows how much evidence has been lost because of misinformation that was given at the beginning of this case or how many people may have unknowingly saw something. I think at this point they just want to do something proactive to help but sadly it may be too late

I have been thinking that Fooses Reservoir would be a likely place to conceal the body (I know it has been searched, but it wouldn't the first time a previously searched area yielded a body). It would suit the purpose in that one could travel there from the Morphew house without being noticed and without using a conveyance with a GPS unit, plus one would avoid traveling a long distance with a body. It also wouldn't totally wreck some sort of bike ride-related theory if the body should be discovered. IMO

Travel from the Morphew house to Fooses Dam passes three homes, one while on Puma Path and two while on County Road 225, though it is unclear to me how much line of sight each has to the roadways, either from windows or decks. Hard to know how much is noticed, or not?

I also don’t know which, if any, homes are rentals and which have full time residents. (The neighbor who went to check the Morphew house on Mother’s Day is not one of these three homes.)

I agree it's commendable and I'm afraid you're right about all the other points as well.
I do have to wonder though, if through the PE guys, there's some sort of plan in the works we really don't know anything about yet.
Some type of coordinated effort with the support of fellow law enforcement professionals and specifically the CCSO as well?
I hope so.

Does anyone have insight regarding why the searched that AM is planning is three weeks away? Why are they waiting?

ETA: beyond logistics, or it simply that? Logistics and they know she is not alive.
It takes time to get so many people together, they all need notice in advance.
Also, PE are arranging professionals and, I hope, LE are going to coordinate. These things take some time.
I'd be there if I could. :)

I am sure it would help if everyone brought their own lunch and water for a day. Is this search for more than one day? Then they would need extra food and water as well as lodging.

I sure hope they have a successful search. Sending prayers for all involved.

Do you have any thoughts on why BM hasn't organized or participated in organizing a vigil or remembrance in Salida, then?

He has friends, many are first responders, surely they'd show up just to keep Suzanne in the public mind?

Do you think that BM's inability to be at a vigil (too soon?) means that no such vigils will ever be held in Salida?

The family in Indiana badly wants to look for Suzanne - in Colorado. It's too bad the two communities can't work together. Perhaps they will, but without BM appearing to be involved.

Thoughts, anyone?
There was a public gathering much earlier in Salida by a group of women that said they wanted to follow the lead of SM’s Indiana classmates responsible for the yellow/teal ribbons across town. They did the same for SM in Salida. See Media thread.

Well said; spot on!!!

Especially your second paragraph.

JMVHO.

It takes time to get so many people together, they all need notice in advance.
Also, PE are arranging professionals and, I hope, LE are going to coordinate. These things take some time.
I'd be there if I could. :)
Agreed!

This isn't a rescue mission. Which would be time sensitive.

This is a search for justice. And AM stated he wants to bring her home for a proper burial.

If this was my person missing I would be ecstatic to have this big of a search being planned. Hopefully Barry and those who helped during his own searches are excited to have help, and turn out to be a part of this effort. This day(s) needs to be about Finding Suzanne, period, not ignoring it because "Barrys innocent". This, for once, needs to be about Suzanne, not Barry.

Suzanne Morphew's family organizing extensive search, taking any help they can get

in the video attached, it says they returned to the property east of salida last month (job site) to look for clues. is that known information?
I think that is an error in the report you've linked. If you follow the link within that report ("They returned to a property east of Salida to...") to the earlier report dated July 9 (and updated July 10), it says that investigators returned to the Morphew home, WEST of Salida, not the property east of Salida.

ETA: I did also watch the video, but it seems that BOTH the video and the report are inconsistent with the information in that July 9 report that is linked to in the Aug 31 report. They both say "east of Salida," but that earlier report says "Morphew home, west of Salida."

Last edited:
I doubt if AM invited BM.
What -- like a personal invitation?

This was a public event. It was advertised locally including by the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce. Reportedly, extended Morphew family were in attendance.

Perhaps Moorman's even chose the date believing BM might be in Indiana for his upcoming guardianship hearing for SM.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members