Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office (2 hours ago)

Please see the following news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office providing an update on the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Case.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew's disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday's Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/2020/05/15/suzanne-morphew-missing-chaffee-county-maysville-2/May 15, 2020 at 7:29 p.m
"Dozens of Chaffee County sheriff’s deputies and agents from the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation combed an area near Maysville on Friday where investigators found a personal item they believe belonged to a missing female bicyclist.
Morphew2-e1589255197479.jpg

Suzanne Morphew

About 90 local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain Friday in an effort to find additional items of Morphew’s or clues to her whereabouts."

Gorgeous ring!

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

BBM and some comments I missed previously:

On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high.

The FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation is now involved.

Family says her husband was out of town on a trip to Denver at the time of the neighbor reporting her missing.

When other sites comment about the "awful things" that are being said at WS, that means that some members here are seriously violating Websleuths victim friendly policy. That is completely unacceptable.

Any member who violates Websleuths basic victim friendly policy by casting aspersions at anyone who has not been officially named a POI / suspect (and this includes ALL family members) will be permanently banned from this discussion. ZERO TOLERANCE.

IF/when LE officially announces a POI/suspect (or IF a thread specific decision is made by Tricia at any time), then members may discuss, critique, and sleuth that individual. Until then, innocent people are off limits for accusations and insinuations.

This afternoon I removed my dashcam media card, plugged it into my computer, and looked over the footage. I did this just to make sure it recorded the last 30 minutes of my driving. It does.

It is puzzling to me that Chaffee County didn’t ask Hwy 50/CR 225 Sunday drivers to review their footage. It’s pretty common to have dashcams.

Many years ago, I had a handyman do some work. After few days, the handyman gave me a very creepy vibe. I stopped his services in a polite way, with some excuse. He continued to come around and he scared me big time, until he gave up and disappeared.
At the time my ex husband and I were having serious problems, and had become aggressive towards me.
Had this handyman done anything to harm me, police would have immediately looked at my husband.
Not to say at all that the Morphews were having problems, but to say that things don't always appear as they seem to others.
I still lean to stranger or stalker abduction....whether opportunistic or planned (knowing that Suzanne would be alone)

I was thinking, while the thread was not open, that they have lived in that community for two years. They must have made contacts, and friends and routines. Like church or hair dresser/barber and mechanics. Trades people must have been out to the house on numerous occasions. If this is an abduction, it doesn't have to be random. It could be someone who has had his eye on her for a length of time, someone more likely to keep her than to just kill her. I believe the husband is sincere in his anguish and I cannot even imagine how hard it must be for him and the girls.
I think his comments and the early reward is purposeful and targeted. MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3