Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted that the Indiana address in White Pages was not the same as the address in Heavy.com. It is still a source though and is what got me asking questions about the Indiana property. It is never up to date but I still find it a great source for finding associates and relatives and who lives/lived at properties. My question still stands - are they searching the Indiana property? I am guessing that the Indiana/Colorado connection is why the FBI are involved. MOO.
FBI can be invited to assist and often are even if no trans-state connection. FBI has ability to
do sophisticated digital forensics that often times local LE can not. They also can use their
labs for dna, etc.

Oh carp!! Daily Mail scooped it!! Here we go ... Neighbor is identified in this article.

Friends said they asked neighbor JR, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

JR declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’

Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

28619348-8340119-image-m-56_1589980519662.jpg
Finally pieces of the puzzle starting to fit.

He said: ‘She loves where she lives up in the mountains, she loves mountain biking and all that kind of stuff.

‘This is not a normal thing. She’s a very happy person. Any time you meet her, she walks up, talks to you and makes you feel welcome.’

He has known Suzanne and her husband for two years since meeting them at a firefighter recruitment drive in Maysville.

Speaking about Morphew, he said: ‘It’s tough for him. Right now, as far as communications, he doesn’t have his phone – it’s being relayed through firefighters and that’s how we’re getting information.

‘He’s been trying to keep busy – he can’t sit still and keep hoping something will show up.’

Stehle added: ‘Her family’s wonderful, her daughters are wonderful. It’s really sad that something like this has come to such a good family.

‘Unfortunately, now the girls feel partly to blame because if they hadn’t taken their trip, maybe they would have been there and she wouldn’t have gone out.’

Barry's uncle told Fox21 that he believes his nephew is innocent, saying: 'They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them.

'What you saw on that video from Barry the other day that’s exactly Barry and that’s exactly how he feels. He loves her and he wants her back, he wasn’t putting on.

'I think anybody that ever knew them at any point in their married life would tell you that they were as loving of a couple as you would find anywhere.”
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

aghhh! if that's for me, please let me know and i'll delete it. i'm trying SO hard not to disobey rules, here. i don't think i'll ever be clear what we can/cannot post from SM. i thought we could summarize what we saw there, and add MOO. but i always get this wrong. :(
Same--apologies to all. I'll get the hang of this. Thanks for giving me a heads up, other user, and thanks to admins for watching out, too.

Regarding the bike ride, we have no make, no model, no color and no time of the bike ride (that would normally be critical information to release in any missing persons case)from LE.

Ask yourself why would that be?
Interesting. If a random stranger kidnapped her during her bike ride, would they have bags of evidence from the house?

Bc there was no bike ride imo

It's all unraveling, IMO.

Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything.

‘George [Davis] put together a search team of friends – I was going to go but pretty much all our fire guys are on it so I decided to step away just in case we get something [a fire].

‘Barry was very understanding from what I got from George. I know he’s not allowed to go home. He’s at a neighbor’s. I guess they got him there until he’s cleared or…’

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Fire Chief Robert Bertram, 40, said he and his colleagues are still hoping she will be found alive and added that he doesn’t believe she would have left by herself.
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Well I wonder why they're not letting the Fire Department help? Hmmm. Let me think about that.

The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana.

A woman at the house on Monday declined to give her name but said she and her husband had come to support Morphew and look for Suzanne.

Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday.

The search comes just two days after police divers drafted in from neighboring Pueblo County were seen scouring a reservoir less than a mile from Suzanne's property.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Department had been looking for Suzanne in two-mile ‘targeted blocks’ on either side of her home but did not conduct a search on Monday.

The search comes just two days after police divers drafted in from neighboring Pueblo County were seen scouring a reservoir less than a mile from Suzanne's property.

Random dive location, or was some item of Suzanne's found at the reservoir?

Edited for error in reservoir location.

Last edited:
If I left my house in the afternoon on my bike, and hadn't returned by 5:46pm, and the neighbor called 911 to report me as a missing person...

No two ways about it, I'd assume the neighbor was nuts.

There just has to be more to this story, because that info from the NG podcast yesterday makes zero sense at all.

jmo

ETA - posted before the Daily Mail article. Whoa.

Finally pieces of the puzzle starting to fit.
So noone saw her on her bicycle, yet it was found somewhere along with a personal item. According to nephew and LE.

When did someone actually last see or talk to her? Do we know that?

I noticed it mainly looked like paperwork being removed from the house by LE based on the DM photos.

Jumping off your post, not aimed at you.

I believe the source of the neighbor saw Suzanne riding was from the Nancy Grace show. That information was not sourced, i.e., "Sheriff Spezze said ... "

Last night, and many posts later. I think the consensus was to take that statement with a grain of salt, until we get an official confirmation from LE.
Yes, especially if there’s no record of a 911 call, as posted above.

I’ve been curious all along about the nature of the neighbor’s relationship with Suzanne - are they also friends and if so, how close? And I’ve become curious now about her relationship with Barry. How well do they all know each other?

I’d also like to know if Barry and his daughters are together now, since they’re not allowed in their home.

MOO, JMO, my own idle speculation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member