Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be so scared to be alone in that huge, fairly isolated house. Those huge windows! Maybe I've seen to many horror movies.
ITA, but one thing I noticed is that the ground falls away from the back side of the house where the large windows are and the angle would be so sharp looking up that if a person was standing on the ground they really couldn't see into the room and would only be able to see someone standing right next to the window. MOO MOO MOO

agree, I found nothing also, except....they recorded a 'land contract' on this property on 5/3/19. This tells me they sold/contracted home and property to someone else but held the
mortgage, owner financing. Usually in the agreement w/ purchaser they have a clause that new buyer is responsible for paying taxes.
But I didn't see that tax bill was sent to another
person, in fact Morphews' Co. address is listed
on tax bill.

If I was owner-financing the new purchasers, I’d sure want the tax bill mailed to me! Just like mortgage companies require money held in escrow in order to allow them to pay taxes and insurance.

Since you unraveled the info on the lot sale,
can you explain why a 'land contract' was placed
on the IN home property on 5/3/19?
I would surmise the home/property was under
contract to sell and the Morphews held the
mortgage. Ownership would still be in Morphew's name until some point in future.
What's your take on this?
If you do a reverse address search in white pages you will see that there are currently new people living there since 5/19. Maybe BM still owns it but IMO he may be receiving rent from them? Just a thought. I can’t sleuth these folks so it’s just an unknown at this point.

It sounds like that may have always just been a assumption based on the neighbor not finding her at home and the bike being found.
Or the neighbor not finding Suzanne at home and also looking for the bike, possibly as someone suggested she may have taken her bike out, and neighbor not finding the bike. IMO

I was about to post the exact same thing-

Only a few logical possibilities, no accusation here:

Neighbors observed the bike ride and observed her not coming home when expected.

Neighbors were told about the bike ride by a third party who called them concerned she could not be located.

Neighbors assumed the bike ride after they were told about her being missing by a third party and then went to check on her.

Given that LE is searching the family home and not the neighbors home you can surmise some of the info LE has that we don't.

So Mark Sievers-ish involving a neighbor.
Just sayin’

MOO

JMO
So the bike was found on a bridge, eh? I wonder if it was meant to look like she jumped?

It will be interesting to hear what personal items were found.

Maybe an accident or set up to look like one? The bridges in the immediate area are all far too low to attract suicidal jumpers, but people get swept away in rivers here fairly regularly.

What we know- Thought I would work on a timeline

5/10-911 call 5:46pm - neighbor called, SM reportedly went on bike ride and did not return - Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
___ $100,000 reward put up by BM
___ TN (nephew of BM?) setups Find Suzanne FB page and crowd funding site to support their own searches ?
___ Reward for safe return of SM doubled by friend to $200k - note just safe return, not for information
Road closed by Sheriff - searches held - media left out
___ Personal Item believed to be SM's found - Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
___ SM's CO home searched and evidence is removed - Dailymail

Sheriff has not confirmed the bike was found. Sheriff has confirmed a 911 call (but not by who) was made and a personal item believed to be SM's has been found.
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
I will work on individual links - feel free to jump in -

IF she was murdered at/removed from the house, and her bike placed on a bridge to suggest she had left it there and jumped off/fallen over the edge, or something, my assumption would be that her body was not then thrown over that bridge, but moved to an entirely different location, perhaps buried even. I don't think any perpetrator going to great lengths to hide a body, and the body's evidence of murder, would leave a marker on the bridge for police to find the body. I think it's more likely to have been put there to throw investigators off, if that is what happened.

MOO

I wish DM cited better sources that "local sources". That could be anyone who heard something.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

"Suzanne, 49, has not been heard from since May 9. A bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10, according to local sources – the same day she was reported missing."
All along it's been the nephew Trevor Noel saying her bike was found the same day she was reported missing.
That evening, in fact.
The location of the recovery of the bike is new information though.

If I was owner-financing the new purchasers, I’d sure want the tax bill mailed to me! Just like mortgage companies require money held in escrow in order to allow them to pay taxes and insurance.
usually the purchase money mortgage agreement has a clause specificly stating that
a copy of paid tax receipt must be sent to sellers.

If you do a reverse address search in white pages you will see that there are currently new people living there since 5/19. Maybe BM still owns it but IMO he may be receiving rent from them? Just a thought. I can’t sleuth these folks so it’s just an unknown at this point.
not rent but BM and SM are holders of mtge.
So it was an agreement to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member