Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a convoluted, and twisted fable. To me, it feels as if we've waded through 13 chapters of a 14 chapter murder he wrote story--picking apart every strange, yet pertinent fact, while waiting for the final chapter...the extensive, professional and well-manned search team looking for and then finding SM's remains. The Epilog will be BM's final offering of what REALLY HAPPENED...the truth that he said none of us knew...e.g., Folks, Suzanne asked me to help her with assisted suicide...it was a mercy killing--one that she had wanted for some time, I honored her wishes...

This book, trujac, has us all on edge, waiting for the next chapter.o_O
What will it be.
Guess, changing previous 'stories' to fit the latest thoughts.

LE are laughing, wondering what is over the page, to steer them in another direction, BUT they know the ending.
Wish we were told.
MOO.

One Colorado hunting forum said area 69 is located on the north side of CO HWY 114 and West of U.S. 285.

JMO
I know a few lucky hunters that were fortunate to draw a 69 stamp over the years. If SM is in area 69 or any areas beleive me the hunters will come across her if she is not under snow. Lots of boots on the ground walk in literally.

There was a Mountain Lion, a Cougar and a BobCat...............
They all walked into to a bar.........

Good nite all!
They all walked into a bar......with a pal named Barry. To celebrate a hard day of hunting, the bartender made the four and two legged lads four tasty Barking Spiders...a stout tipple to help wet their whiskers and whistle...and keep them limber and loyal in their hunting camaraderie, while sharing their tall tales.

Now that assets are freeing up for him - am I the only one feeling a bit worried that BM may just skip town, even leave the country?
This is just speculation but there probably several assets he still doesnt have access too like anything outside of Indiana, potential life insurance, stocks or investment accounts a potential 401k if it ever exsisted. most of those dont pass until after death

Just a FYI. I passed the Police PAT. It's not that hard. I was in damn good shape but was also coming off a 12 hour bartending shift. I'm sure they're similar. I had to drag a 300 lb bag 50 yards, which was timed. Not easy but doable. Plus lots of other tests that took 8 hours.
Don't give him credit where credit isn't due. (Not saying you did, I'm just out for blood tonight!):p
PS. You know I love you, Seattle1!
Lol -- you know I'd really be impressed if you carried my favorite Scotch! ;)

Well, some people might. But if so, I'd think there'd be very little skull/skin/flesh. You'd saw them off at the base of the antler, not come home with a chunk of skull attached.

IMO.

If really going for a trophy you would try to get the full skull with antlers attached.

A loose antler is no big deal.

Now that assets are freeing up for him - am I the only one feeling a bit worried that BM may just skip town, even leave the country?
I hope not. The recent interviews and plans of this search with a thousand people seems to be designed to put pressure on Barry to come forward. I hope he doesn't take off running instead.

Well, some people might. But if so, I'd think there'd be very little skull/skin/flesh. You'd saw them off at the base of the antler, not come home with a chunk of skull attached.

IMO.
I’m sticking with “Saw”, Alex, final answer! Normally you want both antlers attached to the skullcap. So until it is all cleaned, there will be bits of tissue.

Missing person dogs (think bloodhounds looking for live people -- lost kids, escaped prisoners). They follow scents in the air.

I've been reading a fascinating book, "Cold Vanish," about people who have disappeared in national parks. They mention a few different types of dogs and what they do.

Thank you for the book recommendation -- I've just put myself on the waitlist for it.

Not going to argue about this--we see these antlers at friends;' houses often, especially those who live in the woods. My kids have asked about it and then had to sit and listen to long monologues about the hunting life by friends. Most people don't leave them there for a year--they put them there during the season. I think people are different and every day I live on this planet reaffirms that belief. People do different things--and what is normal for one family is not normal for another.

So the question is: what was normal for BM? And what was different--what stood out as something he would never usually do but for some reason did? (Whether it was picking up roadkill trophy or leaving it against the house?)

Well, we can guess it's normal for him because, as I said earlier, that drone/helicopter video shows at least 3-4 deer racks placed decoratively in the garden beds surrounding the house, plus the extra large (and very blurry) one that I speculate might be the elk rack.

I still think they were just antlers, no meat, unless and until something was altered as a part of his ploy.

Last edited:
This is just speculation but there probably several assets he still doesnt have access too like anything outside of Indiana, potential life insurance, stocks or investment accounts a potential 401k if it ever exsisted. most of those dont pass until after death
Unfortunately, the guardianship may xfer to CO pretty easily. I hope not but that's what I could find, as limited as my knowledge is in this area. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210