Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the co-worker likely told LE his story and turned over the papers left in the motel room, some time ago

I also think it's likely he agreed to a polygraph, if requested by LE

And perhaps his speaking out now, with what he knows, is similar to Suzanne's brother
Perhaps LE gave them both the ok at this time

My view/thoughts
I agree no way he didn't go to le when he realized she was missing, on Tuesday most likely. For one thing, if he didn't speak up he could be seen as some kind of accessory, if only in his own mind. Barry says he left at 5 am to have time to set up the job, yet afternoon rolls around, no job set up for the employee, no tools, and late afternoon "covid" treatment to the room.

Last edited:
Then why does their site say this, if it was 2:30pm:

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends. Suzanne Moorman Morphew

exactly

New Revelations~

• Barry's job was in Broomfield, Colorado, landscaping job for RTD-Denver (multiple locations rtd broomfield, co - بحث Google)
  • JP, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine.
  • A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms.
  • JP discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.
  • JP, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by Barry that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’.
  • Speaking in an exclusive interview, JP told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad. ‘It was his room and he’d taken a ---- shower his towels were all over the floor.’
  • A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police.
  • JP also said he discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.
  • ‘Some of it was from an insurance company, like insuring your property, that kind of thing.’
  • Despite being told the landscaping work was urgent, Puckett told DailyMail.com that he arrived to find no tools and was left to wait around the hotel for two days – never actually visiting the job site. He said he returned to Salida on the Tuesday after Suzanne disappeared and has not heard from Barry since, although he was paid.
  • Barry and other family members have also offered a $200,000 reward for information leading to Suzanne’s safe return. Noel declined to comment when approached for comment by DailyMail.com at his home.

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

Unless SM brother confirms it - I'm going with the assumption he's speaking out now, not because LE gave him the green light, but because he's fed up. Perhaps his thoughts are, he sadly knows his sister is deceased and wants to find her. He's letting LE worry about the rest.

I also think because SM brother is speaking out now, it might have a trickle down effect with more folks, who gave LE info, coming out and talking to media, such as BM worker to DM. I also think media has more info but for whatever reason don't think they should publish it, at least not now. IMO

That seems odd/confusing. I thought the PE guys said they talked to a friend of SM that was communicating on social media until mid evening ( ie 9:00 pm ) I get it, Chris states 'from the family' all communication stopped at approx 2:30 pm but again seems odd.
What about the sketchy SM from one of her accounts, that didn't sound like her. Maybe those are factored in to that later timeline? Were they ever mentioned on PE?

I looked at the drone footage of their house. Look at about 3:01, closer to the top of the picture. Might that be the elk rack?

Looks like old lawn decor ?

lawndecor.JPG

Is this just an old and tired bones by the house, and has turned into something that has gotten legs here? Brother said he knew for a fact... but was he told that by whom. If it's just this we are looking at... pffft, no mountain lion as that looked dried and bleached. MOO

Unless SM brother confirms it - I'm going with the assumption he's speaking out now, not because LE gave him the green light, but because he's fed up. Perhaps his thoughts are, he sadly knows his sister is deceased and wants to find her. He's letting LE worry about the rest.

I also think because SM brother is speaking out now, it might have a trickle down effect with more folks, who gave LE info, coming out and talking to media, such as BM worker to DM. I also think media has more info but for whatever reason don't think they should publish it, at least not now. IMO
100% agree, its a lot harder to stay silent when the pressure keeps building on a case and AM has been doing a great job keep SMs case in the news as well as PE

One of many proven lies, since the employee (Jeff) said there were no tools available for the job and two days of basically nothing for the employee to do.
Wonder if LE found any dna/blood on the towels ?
MOO

Probably not a chance at this point. I'm guessing they've been laundered multiple times and the hotel likely couldn't identify the specific towels that were in that room anyway.

Last edited:
Maybe he didn't mean to share his room, expecting to be able to return to it, clear it out, check out all casual like while everyone was busy hunting mountain wabbits.

Those darned loose ends.

Forget bleach, I smell justice coming.

JMO

Another intriguing question: How plentiful was bleach in CO then? Because here in the UK, you'd be hard pressed to find a bottle of bleach in that time frame. Everyone was loading up on disinfectant cleaners. Any kind of disinfectant.

Would his hardscaping use bleach for any reason? Like rinsing the rocks or something? I know nothing about that stuff, obviously. It also sounds heinously bad for the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82