Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... BM's worker JP claims he was "ordered" to Denver that morning (Sunday morning) but didn't see BM because by the time he (JP) got there Sunday evenning he'd (BM) already left due to a "family emergency". The co-worker assumes BM took a shower because: towels all over the floor.

It's rather curious he's ordering a worker to Denver that morning to do this urgent job (without tools), that allegedly wasn't even supposed to start until the next day.

Yep, I think BM was trying to use this worker as an alibi, and I also think he's already forgetting the little details of the lies he's already told.

jmo

[snipped for brevity and highlighted)

This! What were the tools and where were they? If there's any truth to BM's story, they had to be in his truck. Was he so rattled that he forgot to move them into the room? I'm guessing JP tried to contact BM about the lack of tools, but he doesn't say so.

Kind of curious what tools were necessary for the job. The landscapers around here generally keep their tools in small trailers because they aren't the kind of stuff that fits easily in a car trunk - or into a hotel room. Depends on the job, of course. Maybe all JP needed was a pick and shovel.

I guess I might be the only real cheapskate on here, but that doesn't look like a cheap hotel. At first I assumed Motel 6!

So is that hotel in real close to Denver?

Not that close.

I actually know the area well. I think it's a newer development, I'd imagine that hotel is under 3-4 years old. Lots of newer nice apt complexes and other hotels around it.

But same, i fully expected to open that article and see a motel 6 or something similar.

Well, some people might. But if so, I'd think there'd be very little skull/skin/flesh. You'd saw them off at the base of the antler, not come home with a chunk of skull attached.

IMO.

Around here in Ontario, it's not uncommon to see the headless carcass of a buck. I guess anyone can put up a trophy if they're willing to pay for taxidermy.

I wonder if the noise at 11:30pm at the Salida job site was actually equipment/bobcat being returned to the site after being driven far away that Saturday to be used in disposing of a body. Then the equipment is basically sitting at that site all day Sunday when SM disappears, so it couldn’t have been used on Sunday in getting ride of her.
Well now it appears that she quit texting at 12:30 local time. There was lots of time to get far away and back, if he killed her mid day on Saturday.

So Barry's "crew" did not know about a job 2.5 hours away, that would take days to complete, until Sunday morning? To me, this sounds like Barry trying to create an alibi on the fly... I'm not longer in the premeditation camp.

My husband used to pack out 100+ lb deer by making a sling with their feet tied in front of him, and with the rack off to the back as not to catch branches. He walked for miles with those deer, because he himself was an upright animal that didn't have to drag a prey. And because the food preparation/eating site was back at the cabin.

Muscle man Barry could easily have carried her off, with little sign. He could have done that before she was dead, sadly, which would have stymied the dogs.
I'm starting to think that all of the men in my life are sissies. :)

So perhaps BM invites JP to Denver in order to make sure someone else's DNA/prints are all over the hotel room, in case any evidence is found there. The only evidence that could link the room to Suzanne would be Suzanne's DNA, so I assume that BM thought he had blood or other fluids on himself/clothing when he went to Denver. Presumably, he took a change of clothes and destroyed the clothes he wore during the crime.

But he knew his own body could still have DNA on it (and his clothing), so he thought he was erasing that evidence. And then, he wanted to implicate JP? Because it's really weird to have JP go up to that hotel room and just sit there for 2 days.
unless he was in on it?

Our Governor deemed hotels essential businesses so they were not closed during Stay at Home orders.
But many were operating at a lower capacity, doing deep cleaning, not offering amenities they normally did such as pools, gyms, breakfast buffet, community coffee in the lobby. I just stayed at a similar hotel and they still aren't offering the breakfast or coffee and probably never will again.
My son was moving his family from San Francisco to Wichita in June and had a very hard time finding any hotels to stay at. I think it was in Colorado where he ended up staying.

I'm having a hard time with the latest articles. DM began its articles saying that Barry "spent the night" at the hotel but doesn't corroborate this in any way. Everything that BM's employee reported on could have happened on Sunday after BM left Salida and drove to Broomfield. Right? I suppose they could have checked with the hotel desk, but then why not say that? If you're going to have that in your title, you need to back it up by evidence. Yeah, I know it's DM and not journalism, but a lot of assumptions are being made based on this article's headline. Am I missing something?

And this DM info was just repeated by Crime Online who gave the date of SM's disappearence as May 11 and stated that was Mother's Day. Get a proof reader, please!

It could have, yes. But then there's this:

"A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police."

I'm guessing they used May 9th because, that's when BM checked in. The night before Mother's Day. I'm also guessing they wouldn't have run the story to actually say he stayed there the night before, if he didn't in fact, stay there (or at least checked in) the night before.

jmo

I wondered the SAME thing!! Plus the employee who he badmouthed was supposedly responsible for the bad wall job in the first place, that BM was supposedly there to fix. Lol..what a way to get back at the guy. If he doesn't die of industrial strength chlorine then leave him there twiddling his toes while a women is possibly murdered.
I hope someone picks up that question and runs with it!!

The timing of JP spilling tea on BM is interesting right? Is it a coincidence that he came out after Andy told the PE guys what Barry said about his employee?

I mean we've never heard of this guy, not even a whisper on social media. Why talk now?

Well now it appears that she quit texting at 12:30 local time. There was lots of time to get far away and back, if he killed her mid day on Saturday.

Yup, That is what created my theory. Murder at the house Saturday mid day, clean up the house for a few hours, drive the body and other evidence far away, use a bobcat to bury the body, drive the bobcat back to Salida job site and park it. Drive to Broomfield hotel.

It could have, yes. But then there's this:

"A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police."

I'm guessing they used May 9th because, that's when BM checked in. The night before Mother's Day. I'm also guessing they wouldn't have run the story to actually say he stayed there the night before, if he didn't in fact, stay there (or at least checked in) the night before.

jmo

It's a newer property - I wonder if they have keycard locks - and the computer records they generate.

The first thing LE did was to confirm BM's alibi.

BM likely told investigators he went to Denver to set up his job for RTD. He told them he reserved a hotel room for his crew (of 1) that was coming in later Sunday night. This was the story BM also told TD on YT video.

His story, as he told it, is checking out: BM ordered JP to Denver on Sunday albeit he had no ready work and left after two days.

LE obtained surveillance video from Holiday Inn express for the weekend of
May 9, 2020.

Jeff Puckett, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by Barry that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’. [..] ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad.

A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police.

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
BM reminds me of Jason Young (who was finally convicted of murdering his wife). Jason Young thought that he had it all figured out. He also had an alibi of staying in a hotel room at the time that his wife was murdered and refused to speak with police. It took a while, but they finally nailed him for her murder.

I hope someone picks up that question and runs with it!!

The timing of JP spilling tea on BM is interesting right? Is it a coincidence that he came out after Andy told the PE guys what Barry said about his employee?

I mean we've never heard of this guy, not even a whisper on social media. Why talk now?
Exactly - and how did the DM find him? or was he nudged to call DM??
all indeed curious IMO

Yup, That is what created my theory. Murder at the house Saturday mid day, clean up the house for a few hours, drive the body and other evidence far away, use a bobcat to bury the body, drive the bobcat back to Salida job site and park it. Drive to Broomfield hotel.

That's a possibility. I would think that either the burial site is very close by or he took the bobcat on a trailer. I wouldn't think he'd want to drive the bobcat far on public roads, even at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member