Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As related to this case, I think it would have been interesting if someone had objected to the guardianship specifically on the grounds that how BLM has acted since SM's disappearance shows that he isn't qualified to act as her guardian because he doesn't have her best interests at heart. IMO IANAL
^^RSBM

I disagree that any missing person under the IC is adequately protected and their best interests considered.

If your (Indiana) laws for the missing were actually written to safeguard a loved one’s assets in their absence, and where both the court and guardian have to take into account the missing person's wishes, to begin with, this intervention burden you speak of would not be necessary.

Permanent guardianship papers on Tuesday was just a formality. The damage was already done on June 3, 2020 -- with the emergency petition, less than a month after SM was disappeared.

Take this up with your General Assembly. Tell them that a 21-year-old daughter in shock, should not have to make her way to the court to intervene.

Ask them to take missing persons out of the "incapacitated" definition and provide separately for the missing as a protected class.

Demand that the court or guardian must consider, so far as is reasonably ascertainable—

(a)any relevant wishes and feelings expressed by the missing person at any time, including any relevant written statement made by the missing person,

(b)the beliefs and values that would be likely to influence the missing person, and

(c)any other factors that the missing person would be likely to consider.

MOO

Yup, That is what created my theory. Murder at the house Saturday mid day, clean up the house for a few hours, drive the body and other evidence far away, use a bobcat to bury the body, drive the bobcat back to Salida job site and park it. Drive to Broomfield hotel.
yep - he must be very sure her body won't be found IMO

Well now it appears that she quit texting at 12:30 local time. There was lots of time to get far away and back, if he killed her mid day on Saturday.
I'm strongly leaning more than ever to financial motive. Something had been brewing between BM & SM, some type of disagreement over property & money. May have been a heated argument that went too far, choked her to death (sorry for graphic description).

I'm having a hard time with the latest articles. DM began its articles saying that Barry "spent the night" at the hotel but doesn't corroborate this in any way. Everything that BM's employee reported on could have happened on Sunday after BM left Salida and drove to Broomfield. Right? I suppose they could have checked with the hotel desk, but then why not say that? If you're going to have that in your title, you need to back it up by evidence. Yeah, I know it's DM and not journalism, but a lot of assumptions are being made based on this article's headline. Am I missing something?

And this DM info was just repeated by Crime Online who gave the date of SM's disappearence as May 11 and stated that was Mother's Day. Get a proof reader, please!

I think there’s a lot of misinformation and supposition being thrown into the pot. There are some pertinent details that will be proven to be true, and that’s why I am taking all of these developments with a grain of salt. I think there is plenty in there to work with. I want to think about Barry telling Lauren that he made a mistake about the timing of the bobcat fix. What did that mean in the context of what we are learning? Could it be part of the story?

More importantly, at least for me-why did LE know right off the bat that this was no bicycle accident? What were they aware of from the get-go?

I guess I might be the only real cheapskate on here, but that doesn't look like a cheap hotel. At first I assumed Motel 6!

So is that hotel in real close to Denver?

Yup-- 23 min (17.5 mi) via I-25 N and US-36 W

data=S34zGft2HEYmXxlkVrBgyBSPUGuYtUpjDPniMTm4sA26aKb3IT2RYXx50u7mXAIRZZwP0DuUOW_AgJGH-z98LqdNfIm2ahbaXi3KhAF5eUjWuQJhF0i4UuPg1LI3hHjpJhakPi0gAresiGjPcSGFxO02CKq1HIa3s9scBg2jdWvehXggAr4g6UQxWajk,eTU8VcT8FDRc2aeOt_WGiSaAWa0baQ2p_yGeZglQpT7yUGoJ9hRCdpKGEwZJrW-raMpy80JuiTh6YUChPfaYQGLpvp-9Lv2AjE93HauMMsf44mhrCLHC1wwYullm0d8IwBnrJcujQiesmoACPKg6njNlT1HoOfcC4dN7z2dU8DksVp89WpDsq1MMGhgYTt1o62tfitSeMwc1tf32vvYb4HxvGUCq_W2P98k2wQZkzZpAaQhbnAVfMWn4dKAxhOshu7h7FE9_EeQCBUyBM_sRFQ7CuFM-cuU3dji0b0a32Cms_UzftsRzlDU3MeCOW6S4j9v_ifYg0r9PFNXzRanP5heTKv_tfFJAcFttZpsEytn9s7z-99SNVSdJIo7Hb3cJSZXkGVHKDxlPP28

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Oh, MOO, he definitely washed his truck. When the CBI did their last canvassing and posted the new flyer around town, the store they posted the picture of with the two CBI agents in front was next door to a coin carwash. I always thought that was a picture that LE wanted BM to see like a big neon sign saying " YOUR PHONE PINGED HERE". If you notice, that picture was taken out of the window of a vehicle and posted and I assume another officer took it.
Maybe, when BM arrived at the scene by his home he was fresh as a daisy even though he had been gone since 5 am, lugged all his "tools" up to his hotel room, worked hard all day setting up that important job, and drove back and forth to Denver. That might be suspicious to LE- someone who worked all day and looked clean and neat and not sweaty and stinky.

^^BBM

RTD is the Regional Transportation District (public bus system).

The Regional Transportation District, more commonly referred to as RTD, is the regional agency operating public transit services in eight out of the twelve counties in the Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area in Colorado. It operates over a 2,342-square-mile area, serving 3.08 million people. Wikipedia

And public train. IMO if there was a job, it was building out one of the new rail lines. Like perhaps the "N-line" which opens next month between Denver and Thornton.

N Line

I think there’s a lot of misinformation and supposition being thrown into the pot. There are some pertinent details that will be proven to be true, and that’s why I am taking all of these developments with a grain of salt. I think there is plenty in there to work with. I want to think about Barry telling Lauren that he made a mistake about the timing of the bobcat fix. What did that mean in the context of what we are learning? Could it be part of the story?

More importantly, at least for me-why did LE know right off the bat that this was no bicycle accident? What were they aware of from the get-go?
BBM
the smell of bleach IMO

Did the employee have to get a key from the front desk or did Barry leave it somewhere for him? I am assuming Barry rented the room for X amount of days, for himself or crew, and then handed it off in some way to the worker.
A 'crew' of two, apparently. And, the job was a big surprise to Jeff Puckett.

MOO, LE arrived to the Morphew residence for a wellness check before BM was home. They entered the house, and smelled a strong odor of bleach.

I'm strongly leaning more than ever to financial motive. Something had been brewing between BM & SM, some type of disagreement over property & money. May have been a heated argument that went too far, choked her to death (sorry for graphic description).

I've wondered if he was determined to invest in buying and building on that new property of his and Suzanne was refusing to sign on the dotted line for him. It would be just awful to have to tell his buddy that his wife told him "no, he can't play." Moo

So perhaps BM invites JP to Denver in order to make sure someone else's DNA/prints are all over the hotel room, in case any evidence is found there. The only evidence that could link the room to Suzanne would be Suzanne's DNA, so I assume that BM thought he had blood or other fluids on himself/clothing when he went to Denver. Presumably, he took a change of clothes and destroyed the clothes he wore during the crime.

But he knew his own body could still have DNA on it (and his clothing), so he thought he was erasing that evidence. And then, he wanted to implicate JP? Because it's really weird to have JP go up to that hotel room and just sit there for 2 days.
The only way that theory really works is if Suzanne's body was in the room? Does that make sense, not really. In my mind he would have already gotten rid of her body before he went to the hotel.

I wonder if this is where the GPS data from his vehicle comes into play? He told LE he was at the job site and hotel, but the data is telling a different story. But if that were the case, wouldn't they have information on areas to search? Are they searching that area and we don't know about it?

I think BM was tossing pasta at the wall to see what stuck. Throwing JP under the bus was along the lines of the mountain lion carp & bogey-man abductor.
Look there-not here, red herring manipulation.

Yup, That is what created my theory. Murder at the house Saturday mid day, clean up the house for a few hours, drive the body and other evidence far away, use a bobcat to bury the body, drive the bobcat back to Salida job site and park it. Drive to Broomfield hotel.
Agreed.
Not to mention B-splaining about the "mechanical thing" BM did to the bobcat.
Why even mention that at all ?
Because he was covering his bases ?
Did he purposely say that b/c he thinks LE are dense and won't understand cleaning or replacing a part on a b.c. ?
So many shades of Tecia Stauch.
Imo.

Oh, MOO, he definitely washed his truck. When the CBI did their last canvassing and posted the new flyer around town, the store they posted the picture of with the two CBI agents in front was next door to a coin carwash. I always thought that was a picture that LE wanted BM to see like a big neon sign saying " YOUR PHONE PINGED HERE". If you notice, that picture was taken out of the window of a vehicle and posted and I assume another officer took it.
Maybe, when BM arrived at the scene by his home he was fresh as a daisy even though he had been gone since 5 am, lugged all his "tools" up to his hotel room, worked hard all day setting up that important job, and drove back and forth to Denver. That might be suspicious to LE- someone who worked all day and looked clean and neat and not sweaty and stinky.

Perhaps he still smelt strongly of chlorine.

Yeah, that chain isn't a CHEAP hotel, IMO. It's fairly inexpensive, but it's in the far northern suburbs from Denver (not downtown). To me, "cheap" means an old one level motel, or a hot-sheet motel. I would have called it "moderately priced", or I wouldn't have used any words indicating price.

GREAT POINT about the car wash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members