Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach (chlorine) is so strong both in cleaning properties but smell- if your hotel room smells like bleach either something nasty happened there or your hotel is going over the top with Covid measures (not the cheap hotels!)
The fact he likely purchased and brought bleach to use at the hotel room is terribly suspicious. This means cleaning up blood to me..
any one know if they may have found blood in the house?
All moo!
And as we all know from being on WS is that bleach doesn’t just magically “disappear” blood like murderers seem to think.
Same here.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, Puckett told DM, “I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad.

‘It was his room and he’d taken a shower – his towels were all over the floor.’

Noticed comments on DM “well maybe he went swimming”...

Isn’t it procedure to leave towels from the pool in the pool area?

Pools generally asks guests to leave pool towels in the pool hamper. Right?

Of course, people probably don’t always do this... Besides if he went swimming his trunks would have residual chlorine

But for his employee to notice how bad it smelled? Enough to mention to LE? It must have been really bad.

MOO...
Also most hotel pools were closed at that time because of CoVid

I must be confused.So the DM took photos before SM got gone? If so why? If this photo was taken after, BM sure seems happy at the grill.
bbm
Maybe a weight was taken off his mind ?
Sad but not impossible.

At that time the house had been released to the Morphews' and perhaps BM thought he was in the clear from then on ?
No more pesky LE bothering him about his missing spouse ?
Since LE were the ones who handled the bike and destroyed valuable evidence and all. (according to BM)
Imo.

Suzanne went missing on May 10th. Or possibly after the phone call/text around 2:30 the afternoon of May 9th ??
DM claims the photo was taken in July, which I tend to believe is fairly accurate.

Would a DM photog. be there when Suzanne was still at home ?
Probably not.
MOO

All of this COULD become evidence if this matter ever gets to trial. It’s happened in many other cases. So, do not despair, websleuthers intent on justice. The guardianship could end up being a perp’s downfall.
Agree! LE is watching and aware of guardianship issue. Perp will be letting his guard down. Just a matter of time.

hmm - could it be renewal for the IN property insurance that was "under contract"? was there an original of the real estate contract signed in that mail and perhaps it was "docusigned" by SM without her awareness? I would grab everything on my way out the door if that is the case (all the mail) - so when does mail get delivered I wonder??? we've been searching for a trigger - maybe this is it?
JMO
Are you saying Suzanne did not know about the sale of the Indiana property?

EXCLUSIVE: Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel, leaving the room reeking of chlorine and littered with insurance letters and wet towels, co-worker claims
  • Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day and her bike was found near her $1.5 million Salida, Colorado home
  • At the time, her husband Barry, 52, was 150 miles away in Broomfield, Colorado, working on a landscaping job for transport company RTD-Denver
  • But their home quickly became the focus of the police investigation
  • Suzanne’s brother has accused Barry of refusing to take a polygraph test and said he doesn’t feel that Barry is ‘fully cooperating’ with the investigation
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Jeff Puckett, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine
  • A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms
  • The co-worker also discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Barry was granted guardianship of Suzanne in order to sell a property in their native Indiana on Tuesday

The timeline seems really off. If she was texting a friend 9:00 pm Saturday LE should be able to know if she texted at home or a different location. Also, they should know what date he checked into the hotel as well and his phone pings. The article is very ambiguous and I’m not sure I believe it.

maybe he checked in early in the morning Sunday the 10th ( there should be a record of the time) and left around 6:00 ish when the girls called. I feel like I need more concrete details.

We have no idea what the timeline was, so this is just a guess.

JP is simply an employee, it's not his company or nickel. Why not sit in a hotel room and wait for further instruction on what to do. He's on the clock.

Andy arrived in Colorado the day after Suzanne went missing. That night he talked to Barry and asked him the questions about employees, how they were paid, if any of them had been to his home, etc. Barry offers up the story about the employee who lived in Salida, the one he supposedly told to stay away from his family.

If Barry told Andy that story, he also told LE the same thing. So LE is going to high-tail it over to this employee to check him out. This likely happened within a day of Suzanne's disappearance.

So now the employee is being questioned about his bosses missing wife, after being thrown under the bus by ole Barry. Wouldn't it be natural for him to be suspicious of Barry's motive for directing LE's attention to him?

Wouldn't he tell LE about the hotel room, mail and anything else he observed? IMO his behavior was completely normal, he told what he knew and handed over what he found in the hotel room. As far as reading a letter which had already been opened and was laying around, don't blame him there either.

I would suspect JP was either questioned at the hotel, or immediately upon arriving back to Salida. The timeline was likely 2-3 days after May 9th, MOO.
Yes!! This is where I am! I think BM tried to frame this guy. I think the mail was left purposely (puts him at the home) and the bleach smell & wet towels etc.

About that photo in the DM article....

Grilling out while your wife is missing and (according to the 26-second infomercial ) possibly abducted ?
Really ?

I get it that the photo was taken July 18th if D.M. is accurate, but still.
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 262371 View attachment 262372 View attachment 262373

I don't know what I would do. I like to grill and he has to eat. I mean it's possible he doesn't really cook and Suzanne did that so the only thing he really knows is grilling? I think it's rather creepy for someone to be hiding with a camera and zooming in to take a photo of him grilling at his house. I don't know if he is guilty, but I am not sure I can say him grilling more than 2 months after his wife went missing is a sign he doesn't care about his missing wife.
JP's behavior was very peculiar, IMHO.

His boss calls and tells him he has a family emergency. JP goes to the hotel room, boss didn't leave tools for the job, so JP just sits there for two days and then goes home.

But he sees personal mail that his boss left behind when he allegedly took off to deal with an urgent family matter.

Now, I don't know about you folks, but if I had been in JP's shoes, there is no way I would have been reading that mail or doing anything with that mail besides letting my boss know he had left it behind and asking how he wanted me to get it back to him.

JP gave the mail to the FBI. ??? When did he talk to the FBI? IIRC, they weren't the first to respond to reports of SM missing, and most folks would have returned the mail to BM immediately. Was JP holding on to the mail for some reason?

I'm not suggesting JP is involved in SM's disappearance in any way, but he certainly didn't behave the way I would have behaved in his shoes.

Exactly! I don't know much about JP at this point, but who stays around a hotel for 2 days just waiting? If I lived in Salida and my boss's wife was missing and I knew he hurried back to Salida and didn't leave tools and apparently didn't communicate with him any more after that, but did pay him.... I feel like I would have driven back to salida the next day to help search. Remember massive searches were happening. Why would you stay there? Why would you keep his mail? Why would you not go back to Salida?

They are definately not cheap. I think the DM likes to sensationalize everything. I am sure there are facts peppered in, but saying it was a cheap hotel just sorta implies the WOW.. man with expensive home goes to cheap hotel for work Mother's Day weekend..
Agree, and I'm loathed to depend on DM for reliable facts and information in SM's disappearance.

picture is sourced as July 18 - but boy did I do a double take when I saw JP's pic - I thought it was BM - hmmm - I sense there is something more to the hotel stay
JMO
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

Funny you should mention that. At first I thought it was a pic of a more wild eyed BM.

Perhaps this worker held onto the personal belongings of BM (such as the insurance papers that was left behind) to give to BM when he saw him next. Too late, this guy is being interviewed by the FBI and they now have them.

This worker (JP) cannot be the same worker that messed up the previous job last year, right? I thought BM fired that guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member