Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG this is a bombshell article! Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
100 % agree. They have surveillance footage at the hotel no doubt. He’s cooked. This is soooo much like the Dulos case. Be good to your employees people. The pictures of BM grilling are hilarious. Enjoy your fresh air while you can bruh. MOO.
bbm
A bit strange, almost celebratory.

Otoh, he might feel like the clock is ticking.....

Wise.

Nope.

Whys.

Why call a worker to Bloomfield at all?

Stunt double?

Why get a hotel room, attached to your name?

Why leave a hotel room in disarray? Run out of time?

Why bring mail in?

The bleach. The tools.

It's not going to end well.

JMO

We have no idea what the timeline was, so this is just a guess.

JP is simply an employee, it's not his company or nickel. Why not sit in a hotel room and wait for further instruction on what to do. He's on the clock.

Andy arrived in Colorado the day after Suzanne went missing. That night he talked to Barry and asked him the questions about employees, how they were paid, if any of them had been to his home, etc. Barry offers up the story about the employee who lived in Salida, the one he supposedly told to stay away from his family.

If Barry told Andy that story, he also told LE the same thing. So LE is going to high-tail it over to this employee to check him out. This likely happened within a day of Suzanne's disappearance.

So now the employee is being questioned about his bosses missing wife, after being thrown under the bus by ole Barry. Wouldn't it be natural for him to be suspicious of Barry's motive for directing LE's attention to him?

Wouldn't he tell LE about the hotel room, mail and anything else he observed? IMO his behavior was completely normal, he told what he knew and handed over what he found in the hotel room. As far as reading a letter which had already been opened and was laying around, don't blame him there either.

I would suspect JP was either questioned at the hotel, or immediately upon arriving back to Salida. The timeline was likely 2-3 days after May 9th, MOO.
But, do we know this employee is the one he said to stay away from his family? If so, this also could set up a situation where that employee was upset with Barry for that or maybe Barry had good reason to have that person stay away from his family. Now, that person knows Barry is out of town for work and he has the opportunity to do something. Have any other employees of Barry's been named anywhere?

We have no idea what the timeline was, so this is just a guess.

JP is simply an employee, it's not his company or nickel. Why not sit in a hotel room and wait for further instruction on what to do. He's on the clock.

Andy arrived in Colorado the day after Suzanne went missing. That night he talked to Barry and asked him the questions about employees, how they were paid, if any of them had been to his home, etc. Barry offers up the story about the employee who lived in Salida, the one he supposedly told to stay away from his family.

If Barry told Andy that story, he also told LE the same thing. So LE is going to high-tail it over to this employee to check him out. This likely happened within a day of Suzanne's disappearance.

So now the employee is being questioned about his bosses missing wife, after being thrown under the bus by ole Barry. Wouldn't it be natural for him to be suspicious of Barry's motive for directing LE's attention to him?

Wouldn't he tell LE about the hotel room, mail and anything else he observed? IMO his behavior was completely normal, he told what he knew and handed over what he found in the hotel room. As far as reading a letter which had already been opened and was laying around, don't blame him there either.

I would suspect JP was either questioned at the hotel, or immediately upon arriving back to Salida. The timeline was likely 2-3 days after May 9th, MOO.

But, we don't know if the worker BM told AM about is a.) even real, or just some made up story for an excuse to have to go back and re-do this job, or b.) this worker who is named in the DM article. The worker might be real, and it might be someone else entirely.

This scenario sounds reasonable to me:

BM leaves, tells JP there's some emergency & he'll get back to him with details about the job/whatever.
That was Sunday night.
Monday comes and goes, no BM, no details, no nothing.
JP gathers up BM's mail likely figuring it might be important, and heads back to Salida on Tuesday morning.
Arriving home finds the news of SM being missing and contacts the CCSO himself, to tell them what he knows about where BM was the weekend of Mother's Day.

jmo

Wise.

Nope.

Whys.

Why call a worker to Bloomfield at all?

Stunt double?

Why get a hotel room, attached to your name?

Why leave a hotel room in disarray? Run out of time?

Why bring mail in?

The bleach. The tools.

It's not going to end well.

JMO

I found it ironic how similar JP and BM look to one another!

I don't know what I would do. I like to grill and he has to eat. I mean it's possible he doesn't really cook and Suzanne did that so the only thing he really knows is grilling?
BSBM
If someone you love is missing.. you are eating for sustenance, not BBQ-ing your favorite Thai recipe.
In and of itself it is not a big deal but yet another incidence of BM being nonplussed by the fact his wife is missing.

Last edited:
Why would he be disinfecting the room just before he left in the late afternoon, and taking a shower presumably just before rushing home to help find missing wife? He arrived in Salida at either 6 or 9 pm. If he left at 5 am, he could have been there...when, at 8am? So if he checked in then, wouldn't he disinfect the room right then? And air it out because of the chlorox? But if he was busy that morning (!) And checked in at mid day, why would he disinfect it just before taking the shower, or..after?

Anyway I call BS because no business owner calls his employee in the morning of Mothers Day to tell him to go to a hotel for work in the morning. And then never arrange any work for the employee.

So the story doesn't make sense.
Can you imagine that employee’s thoughts? Ok I have to go to Broomfield for a job on Mother’s Day. Interesting. Why am I here in this hotel still? Still no job? Where’s my boss? Why does it smell like bleach? This is weird. Then he finds out the “family emergency “ is that his boss’s wife has gone missing. OH S***!

Funny you should mention that. At first I thought it was a pic of a more wild eyed BM.

Perhaps this worker held onto the personal belongings of BM (such as the insurance papers that was left behind) to give to BM when he saw him next. Too late, this guy is being interviewed by the FBI and they now have them.

This worker (JP) cannot be the same worker that messed up the previous job last year, right? I thought BM fired that guy?
bbm
Lavender bolded : You, too ?
So did I ! Oops.

Pink bolded : I thought it was a female employee ?
Will have to go and read back on the media thread.

yep - he must be very sure her body won't be found IMO
But you know what is so crazy about this? Everything else BM has said and done has been so sloppy how is it that he pulls a slam dunk on hiding her body so well?!! :mad: Maybe he has just been lucky that LE haven’t looked in the right place yet? Or his landscaping/hunting skills were useful?

Can you imagine that employee’s thoughts? Ok I have to go to Broomfield for a job on Mother’s Day. Interesting. Why am I here in this hotel still? Still no job? Where’s my boss? Why does it smell like bleach? This is weird. Then he finds out the “family emergency “ is that his boss’s wife has gone missing. OH S***!
What if BM wanted to set up JP as the "mystery abductor", and it backfired ?
Good for that employee to turn over the mail and report the condition of the room.

Oh boy, the heat is ON!! Who's doing the planning?

Details

We will be holding a candlelight vigil for Suzanne. 7 pm on September 25th at Riverside park. Candles will be provided. We will be selling bracelets for $3 each with all the proceeds going to Andy to help him in anyway he needs. Please come and join us to bring awareness for Suzanne!!

Link to fb in LS tweet names the local, Salida sponsor. Also, it looks like LS is tweeting from Salida today!

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

NEW: A vigil for #SuzanneMorphew is planned for September 25 at 7 p.m. in Riverside Park in Salida, CO. #FindSuzanne #ShinebrightforSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne For more info: https://facebook.com/events/s/candlelight-vigil-for-suzanne-/705724686957464/?ti=ia…

10:39 AM · Sep 2, 2020 from Salida, CO

Drip...drip...drip...

I'm confused though: I thought BM stated he last SAW SM that Sunday morning - if so: then he must have left his hotel Saturday night to go home to Maysville only to return to Denver that Sunday morning......

Perhaps he stated he talked to SM that Sunday morning, but did not see her: I really thought that BM stated he left Sunday morning for Denver.....

Hmmmm.....

This entire hotel thingy maybe the crucial element that had LE doubting a bike ride ever happened....

JMO & TIA if anyone can clear up the legit source(s) for BM's statement about when he last saw (or heard) from SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member