Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow BM doesn't quite strike me as the type that would know this, but I suppose you could be right.
Maybe they learned how to do that, if they were protective parents keeping track of their beautiful daughters? I learned lots of snooping social media techniques, trying to keep one step ahead of my social butterfly teenager.

Somebody needs to get Mark Zuckerberg on the line pronto! He should be able to explain it and also why if you talk about something on FB an ad suddenly shows up related to what you were talking about. Creepy spy software! :confused:
I texted my sister in law about a good place to buy baby clothes online for her new grand baby. MINUTES LATER I got baby clothing ads on my lap top. :eek:

I find our Ring doorbell is very glitchy. It will show someone walking and then stall and show them many feet away.

I even had a grasshopper set it off and showed its face like it was trying to look in.

One night it looked like a ghost cat walking down the sidewalk but it must have been a large moth because it suddenly lifted into the air.

Mine is certainly not 100% reliable.
Gosh, you don’t know how bad I want the ghost cat to be real! :p

Interesting rebuttal with a dash of an attempt to discredit a potential material witness. Clever, isn't he?
Missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew responds to bombshell claims about hotel room the weekend his wife disappeared

Amazing to me how BM won’t talk to the media to plea for his community to call in tips for his wife’s return, but will sure talk to media to discredit CCSO, CBI, FBI, and anyone else! The Victim! Pfffttt MOO

I’m sure SM’s friend she was chatting with is feeling all kinds of grief and heartache if she was aware of “serious problems” in the M relationship. But, if the friend was aware, IMOO the daughters may have been to, to an extent. What a horrific crime if BM is guilty!

We had the same glitch with our Ring. Lagging and stalling. DH purchased a device online and now we are able to plug our Ring in directly to an electrical outlet and it is much more effective and capturing images.
Mine is hardwired and I changed the settings to detect people and alert me I have the newer version although I’m still getting used to the alert “there is a person at your front door” - I’m on another free trial so I can view the cause of the alert and I think I may keep that feature - I have ring cameras inside as well and I also have the original wired security system which has motion and heat sensors, monitors for the doors and windows but I dropped Live monitoring.

Which clarifies for me that this has nothing to do with FB.
She was texting.
MOO.

She certainly could use both text and a social media messaging app, especially when you consider usage dating back much further than the weekend of 5/9.

But it’s worth noting that PE specifically stated the use of a social media messaging platform as it relates to the 5/9 communication.

Listen,” Barry said during a Thursday morning phonecall, “Jeff Puckett was in prison for nine years.”

Still, Barry confirmed he had hired Puckett for a project in Broomfield on Mother’s Day Weekend this year. They needed to fix a wall, Puckett said.

“I said listen, I need to do this job, I will pay you good money to come and help me,” Barry said of Puckett. “I gave him a job and an opportunity.”

It was not a last minute project, Barry explained, the job had been in the works for a month.

“That has nothing to do with Suzanne missing,” he said.

But Puckett said the crew couldn’t finish their work.

“We had nothing to work with,” he said. And he described what would have been necessary in order to complete that particular job.

“Once you build [the wall] up, you run a layer block, some dirt, get [it] inspected, then you keep continuing until the next level – and there was nothing like that to work with,” Puckett said. “That kind of pissed me off, so I come on back.”

As far as the paperwork left in the room, Puckett said he turned it over to authorities.

“I mean it’s either foul play or an alien has got her ,and we know that aliens are far-fetched you know what I’m saying but someone just doesn’t walk off the face of the earth like that and disappear it’s just not normal, it’s just not normal at all,” he said.

Barry confirmed to FOX21 News he had been in that room, and had also noticed a strong smell.

“I did not go to the pool and I did not get chlorine,” he said. “I’m sure that they washed the rooms with that for the covid. I don’t know, but I [smelled] it too when I was in there.”

A hotel manager said the pool isn’t even open, due to coronavirus restrictions. That manager also said the hotel uses peroxide multi-purpose cleaner in its rooms.

“I did nothing wrong in the hotel,” Barry said. “There’s cameras all over the hotel, I did nothing wrong.”

Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

I bolded a few word sequences that stood out to me, including:
- vacillations between "I'm sure" and "I don't know"
- claiming he didn't do anything wrong "in the hotel" as opposed to in general
- not leaving Puckett with anything to work with, i.e. no actual material for a job in place as if he just needed someone to show up for an alibi
- calling in Puckett and assuming that his prior prison record would be something he could hold up against him if Puckett decided to ask questions (i.e. "see I did you a favor and gave you an opportunity and look at how you respond, etc...)

I refer to the most excellent post above, which expounds on the Fox story by Lauren.
I want to add, that if you watch the video of her newcast, BM provides another interesting detail. It's right after he says, "listen....I'll pay you good money..."
Then he says, "...they jumped on it."
Iirc, JP saw BM on Saturday. So it looks like they might have been all together and BM hired all three of them at the same time. Just seems a little last minute. Moo

I notice too, in the CCSO press release, the sheriff says their focus is to find Suzanne or learn what happened to her.

That is a huuuuuuuge sentence.

Or learn what happened to her.

Kelsey Berreth. Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Sadly some women are never found because of the heartless manner in which they were destroyed.

It's time to bring in Tammy Lee.

JMO

If she was still logged in when BM killed her, he could go into her profile and change the password and then use his phone to login with the new password.

That could be supported by the friend mentioning the abrupt stop and her panic

I just checked on FB and it asks you for your current password before you can change it to a new one, even if you are logged in. The only other option would be to request a password reset which usually involves them sending a reset link to your email address which he could have accessed if she was still logged in to her email on her device and done it that way.

That imo would be a HUGE redflag though, i can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to leave such digital activity like that moments after killing their wife, if somebody knows how to go about changing passwords via requesting an email password reset link then they are going to know all that stuff will be easily be traced.

I don't know how nosy FB is on a device (I suspect VERY), but if they also log the IMEI number off of the SIM card on the device, he will have no way to wiggle out of using her FB on his device (if he did). MOO.

ETA: I'm confident LE has (or will have) a quite complete digital trail of up to, during, and after.

So...why....why would a person, after the unthinkable, access that person's social media?

To read their messages

To buy time

Posting, liking, impostering all buy time.

I think he bought time Saturday so he could sell a bike story Sunday.

JMO

Last edited:
So...why....why would a person, after the unthinkable, access that person's social media?

To read their messages

To buy time

I think he bought time Saturday so he could a bike story Sunday.

JMO
May have been multi-purpose. Buying time, trying to cover for a suddenly ended conversation, and if she discovered something, a way of seeing whom else she may have told. MOO.

To read their messages

To buy time

JMO
Ita !
I'm sensing suzanne may have had to walk on eggshells for much of her marriage.
Infuriating if so.
Some people don't deserve the spouse they've been blessed with.
Imo.

I vote for the giant visiting grasshopper :D
Yep ! :p
I SOOO want a photo of that. :)

Hey there - sorry for the delay on this (I had stepped away from WS to spend some time with the kids). Here's what I have (hope it's worth the wait, lol):

So, my DW has finally given me the green light to share this (I haven't up to this point because she asked me not to):

She actually went to school in Indiana with both BM and SM. She was closer to BM, but knew them both.

So here's something strange that she actually called into the tipline a few months ago: she was FB friends with BM, but not SM. A number of her classmates were also FB friends with BM and not SM. As they were discussing this after the disappearance, many of them noticed the same thing. On the weekend that SM went missing, many of them had her pop up on their FB feed as "People You May Know" or "Friend Suggestions". My DW remembered it because she almost sent SM a message to the effect of "you never age", but didn't. She said she doesn't remember SM ever popping up on her FB under either of those categories before.... but that weekend, she kept popping up time and time again (and her friends said the same thing). She couldn't remember the exact timing of the suggestions popping up, but it was definitely Mother's Day weekend. Anyway, with the information that has come out re: the suspicious social media activity after SM's interrupted conversation with her friend - I think this all fits, JMO, MOO. I did a little research on the PYMK algorithms for FB, and they seem to be a bit of a mystery - but those suggestions are definitely tied to some kind of activity.... at first I thought it might have meant SMs phone (or other electronic device that she was logged into FB) might be close-by in Indiana, but I think that's unlikely - there was probably something else going on that triggered these suggestions. Again, JMO, MOO.

Was there a consensus on what Hoosierfan72’s info means? Seems it means SM or BM logged in to the other’s FB on their own device causing “friend SM” suggestions to pop up on BM’s friends pages, right?

Is it most likely it was BM logging in to hers on his device? That’s what I came away with, just making sure that’s what most are thinking? So of course the timing of the logging in would be crucial to the investigation.

To read their messages

To buy time

JMO

Megnut, you're one smart sleuth. I think you are exactly right. Moo

I just checked on FB and it asks you for your current password before you can change it to a new one, even if you are logged in. The only other option would be to request a password reset which usually involves them sending a reset link to your email address which he could have accessed if she was still logged in to her email on her device and done it that way.

That imo would be a HUGE redflag though, i can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to leave such digital activity like that moments after killing their wife, if somebody knows how to go about changing passwords via requesting an email password reset link then they are going to know all that stuff will be easily be traced.

Good info. So it would appear that BM either knew her password, or did the reset option you mentioned.

To read their messages

To buy time

JMO

Exactly. The person that impersonated SM was doing so to act as if she was still alive Sunday to create a false timeline of events.

May have been multi-purpose. Buying time, trying to cover for a suddenly ended conversation, and if she discovered something, a way of seeing whom else she may have told. MOO.
I’m really starting to think she did indeed discover something so him snooping around to find out more about who & exactly what she told would make sense.

Like others have mentioned, I have the feeling she stood up to him about something she found out. :(

Was there a consensus on what Hoosierfan72’s info means? Seems it means SM or BM logged in to the other’s FB on their own device causing “friend SM” suggestions to pop up on BM’s friends pages, right?

Is it most likely it was BM logging in to hers on his device? That’s what I came away with, just making sure that’s what most are thinking? So of course the timing of the logging in would be crucial to the investigation.
At the very least, it indicates something unusual happened during the time frame SM disappeared. An external indicator that can't be ignored. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow