Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw come on now. We need our firefighters. I really respect anyone who can run into a burning building instead of away from one. I hate to see them disparaged this way, and I don’t even know one. In any case, I am very glad we have them.

I hope I didn't come across as disparaging firefighters. I have overwhelming respect for firefighters...My father is a retired FF. His whole life he worked rescue and many times put his own life at risk for others. It is extremely hard work. My point being that they do get a little extra attention and some personalities really like that.

I’m still hung up by the drama of the strong chlorine smell. I noticed JP said it smelled strong. Even BM said he smelled it too. Yet the hotel didn’t confirm it. Usually when there is a strong odor in a room, I am going to contact the front desk and not sit in there for two days as JP said. I’m not sure I believe him. Maybe it was just whatever the cleaning staff used that day and not chlorine at all and has nothing to do with BM.

And then there is Suzanne’s brother saying he “heard second hand” there was a strong smell of bleach in BM’s home. And then he said he was asked if BM had any coolers at the home and Suzanne’s brother did NOT know, he only guessed a hunter would have some.

So I am left wondering if any of these things are true, or if this is people trying to put pressure on BM. They believe he is guilty and saying these things might break him?

I want to hear the facts from LE and sadly we won’t hear that until we read the search warrants and arrest warrant. All this hearsay only creates drama to me.
MOO, JP hasn't shown us a reason why he needs to lie--BM has.
AM has no need to lie--BM does.
I think right now I will believe AM and JP, but BM is a liar.

I am interested in BM’s father and if he is still alive? I’m asking @Ontario Mom and @sillybilly whether this can even be discussed? Also wondering if @Hoosierfan72 is able to share any info DW may have. TIA

also I hope I got the hoosier member’s name correctly and if not please lmk. Again TIA!

Sleuthing of BM or his family is not allowed, only discussing what is contained in MSM, LE or other WS approved sources.

Not sure Hoosierfan has any more to share but you can ask them. If it's off limits, you know we'll hear about it ;)

I have wondered too if SM could have seen early paperwork on the purchase of the new property. If it was only in his name and she was excluded, I could see her being upset over that. Perhaps that was to do with the discarded mail that was found at the hotel. Maybe it was liability insurance for the land.

JMO, but she would have been upset if he was buying land for a house for his mother and she was the last to know about it. Just like she didn’t matter at all.

At around 4 minutes, AM talks about second hand information about bleach smell in the home, then Lauren cuts in to clarify the initial investigators gave him this information. Then cuts back to AM, who goes on to say they asked him about coolers and told him they found no coolers at the home.
I hope I didn't come across as disparaging firefighters. I have overwhelming respect for firefighters...My father is a retired FF. His whole life he worked rescue and many times put his own life at risk for others. It is extremely hard work. My point being that they do get a little extra attention and some personalities really like that.
thank you. I understand.

I went to the hotel today and detected no general odor of chlorine outside or inside, except in the hallway ten feet from the inside door to the pool. If someone noticed a chlorine smell inside a room, my observation would be that it had to come from within the room.
Thanks for surveying the HIE! :)
Are there guest rooms near the pool /spa area, or is the facility accessible by a common area corridor and not the guest corridor?

Aw come on now. We need our firefighters. I really respect anyone who can run into a burning building instead of away from one. I hate to see them disparaged this way, and I don’t even know one. In any case, I am very glad we have them.
Its a courageous occupation for professionals and volunteer and I, too, am glad we have them. I have a nephew in FDNY and I have a ton of respect for him and his fellow firefighters. I did NOT post this to disparage firefighters and I certainly didn’t say it applies to all firefighters. I’m kind of at a loss to see how it could be interpreted in that way. I posted my opinion and experience with volunteers I’ve known through the years because, in this case, I think it could apply to BM.

I went to the hotel today and detected no general odor of chlorine outside or inside, except in the hallway ten feet from the inside door to the pool. If someone noticed a chlorine smell inside a room, my observation would be that it had to come from within the room.

This is good first hand info, for sure. I've traveled a lot in my days, with my family of many kids, who use every towel in the room (literally), after swimming at hotel pools, and our rooms have never had the kind of strong chlorine smell I've heard mentioned.
Even when our room was literally directly across from the pool/waterpark area of the hotel.

I never did believe the chlorine odor had anything to do to with the cleaners the maids use in the rooms, or the chlorine bleach possibly used in hotel laundry, or wet towels from the pool area.

Especially since the M home allegedly also had the same odor of strong chlorine/bleach.
I'm not keeping a tally but what # of coincidence would this make, in this case?

jmo

I feel that underneath it all, it just comes down to greed. I think he began making plans for having access to 100% of their assets when Suzanne's cancer came back. Overextending himself financially because he thought he'd be able to pay it off soon.
I still think Suzanne had found that she could not stay in the marriage and wanted out.
50% wasn't acceptable to BM. He lost his temper. DV covered up by murder. Moo

I think so too. I’m not at all convinced there’s a mistress. With all of the buying, selling, and shifting of assets I think the root of this is financial. Barry had some kind of plan for his or someone’s money, Suzanne somehow threatened to throw a spanner in the works, then I think he killed her to get her out of his way.

Last edited:
This is good first hand info, for sure. I've traveled a lot in my days, with my family of many kids, who use every towel in the room (literally), after swimming at hotel pools, and our rooms have never had the kind of strong chlorine smell I've heard mentioned.
Even when our room was literally directly across from the pool/waterpark area of the hotel.

I never did believe the chlorine odor had anything to do to with the cleaners the maids use in the rooms, or the chlorine bleach possibly used in hotel laundry, or wet towels from the pool area.

Especially since the M home allegedly also had the same odor of strong chlorine/bleach.
I'm not keeping a tally but what # of coincidence would this make, in this case?

jmo
Exactly! A whole LOT of coincidences. The totality is what makes it so compelling. Where there is a LOT of smoke, you can almost be certain there is some fire.

The home smelling of bleach was a rumor very early on in this case. It just came from channels that we can’t trust as sources. But it’s been out there for a while.

Thank you. There are several things in that category in this case.
IDK but I'll share what my friend's wealthy ex-husband said. Now mind you he was 59, about 100 lbs. overweight, lost most of his hair but had a great comb-over. He told my friend, his ex-wife "Until I got out in the dating market, I didn't know how handsome I was."
He's now on wife # 5. They were all in their 20's except for #4, she was 19.
These guys are still fantacising their youth and virility. The young females sniff money.

Exactly. IMO.

nyvictoria said:
Just jumping off your post...

I just thought about this today. I’ve had a few professional and volunteer firefighter friends. The volunteers especially loved the job because it got them out of the house and down to the station where there were always groupies hanging around. They men all used the excuses of meetings, training, equipment to tinker with or wash down, etc. Wives and girlfriends were discouraged from just dropping in. If a SO did stop by at an inopportune time, the girl would have to go out the back door or hide in the bathroom until she left. I know of a few marriages that broke up over a volunteer firefighter job.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hope I'm quoting correctly :(

I've had this thought too. The attention from being a fire fighter would fit into his narcissistic personality. I have often thought that maybe she found out he was having an affair which possibly resulted in a pregnancy. This may have pushed her toward divorce which would be a huge threat to BM. Embarrassment at her leaving him, splitting the family and the finanical loss. Just a random thought.

Welcome Random Thoughts, and hope we hear loads more from you.:):):)

Following your reply, to above post, if 'groupies' hang around the fire station, BM, with his personality, would welcome this, resulting in affairs.
Perhaps SM put her foot down, knowing the antics that happen.

I am 50/50 as to premeditated vs rage killing. I can see it happening either way.
Also, although I rarely ever disagree with MassGuy (one of my favorite members) I do not think BM was basically a good guy before this happened. I suspect he has been a "bad guy" for years, but just kicked it up to a new level. Personally, i think it's very rare that a person starts out with murder. Even if they have not been arrested for some crime, I think at least in their thought life, in their heart of hearts, there is a LOT of ugly goes on before the leap is made to murdering a spouse

I can see it either way too - although I believe rage can co-exist with pre-meditation. If I feel anger? What do I do? I write a long poem. I have choices. If I decide I am in a rage because Spouse enrages me - I have a choice (even if it's just a second or two - I don't have to pick up a gun or knife or punch them, right?) Rage can come, but no one is forced by it to strangle or otherwise harm someone. Killing someone takes more than just 2-3 seconds.

The thing about narcissists is that they really do appear to be "good guys," until they are not! When you first meet them, they can appear, too good to be true. However, they get tired of being nice, the mask slips, and you see the jerk behind the mask.
And then sometimes they get nice again to gain the control back. The cycle of abuse then continues.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member