Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him laying down at a burial site, laying down is such a weird thing to do as it is, it would only bring attention to anybody that saw him do it, Unless there was something on the floor, some kind of evidence he had left behind and laid down to quickly to cover it up and retrieve it before somebody noticed it.
He laid in the grass, and yes it’s really weird

Yes...and I might add, BM's behavior seems ritualistic to me...I can see him taking great care to provide SM with a highly dignified burial...a place where he can visit often and pay his respect.

If he’s responsible for her death, I sincerely hope he’s locked up for a long time. She needs to be returned to her family in IN with a proper burial & headstone. Her daddy needs her home. MOO

What about the 2003 Range Rover? Anyone know? It's visible in the helicopter flyover and also mentioned in MSM.

I didn't realize the RR was that old so perhaps it didn't, although more expensive vehicles probably had some form of the earlier versions of tracking capabilities.

The vehicle possibly used has been nagging at me - so I looked it up and found interesting descriptions regarding off road capabilities...Who knew?
2003 Range Rover
Snipped BBM
This, by the way, can be accomplished only via the audio-and-navigation system, which has a 60-page instruction book accompanying the 253-page owner's manual.
Snip
The Rover's stance can be elevated via air springs at the touch of a button to offer 11 inches of ground clearance for work in the woods,
snip
Because it offers potentially impressive capabilities both on- and off-road, our first examination involved only its more civilized application on the highway. It's estimated that no more than 15 percent of Range Rover owners ever seriously ramble through the boonies, so our test of the vehicle's mettle in the mountains and muck will come later-

Can't help but to wonder about the 26-second video, where did he film that? What was he sitting on? A chair? A boulder? If I were a dog, I might want to root around there.

JMO

In the arial view of the house, you can see a man made walkway/steps that goes from the property, through the trees until about half way to the river. When I watched that video and could hear the river in the background, I immediately wondered if that's where he was. Maybe that was their "spot" at the river, or it was her favorite spot at the river.

The vehicle possibly used has been nagging at me - so I looked it up and found interesting descriptions regarding off road capabilities...Who knew?
2003 Range Rover
Snipped BBM
This, by the way, can be accomplished only via the audio-and-navigation system, which has a 60-page instruction book accompanying the 253-page owner's manual.
Snip
The Rover's stance can be elevated via air springs at the touch of a button to offer 11 inches of ground clearance for work in the woods,
snip
Because it offers potentially impressive capabilities both on- and off-road, our first examination involved only its more civilized application on the highway. It's estimated that no more than 15 percent of Range Rover owners ever seriously ramble through the boonies, so our test of the vehicle's mettle in the mountains and muck will come later-

That 2003 RR could very well be their beater/off-road/hunting/snow vehicle. If that is the case, I think it’s more likely that BM used it for off toad capabilities as opposed to its lack of gps.

I can’t find any info online, but RR was definitely more of a great off-road vehicle at this time and thus it would be likely to have some kind of onboard GPS but I can’t confirm that.

I think LE KNOWS what happened but I’m worried they don’t have enough physical evidence! :( I hope I’m wrong, just something I’m worried about. I think BM was really good at hiding her body and physical stuff, but really bad at all the other stuff. I hope it’s enough! MOO

In the arial view of the house, you can see a man made walkway/steps that goes from the property, through the trees until about half way to the river. When I watched that video and could hear the river in the background, I immediately wondered if that's where he was. Maybe that was their "spot" at the river, or it was her favorite spot at the river.
Change the wording to "his" favorite spot on the river and you could be onto something. BM has shown time and time again that it's all about him...never Suzanne.

MOO The home was locked down by LE at the time BM recorded 26s video. BM probably was not at the home property when he was recording. But the sound of water is interesting, maybe he did record it close to where SM was hidden.

There's only one way you can gain that much more muscle at his age and its not natural. Also as somebody who has worked in construction on and off literally my entire life ( my dad is a property renovator) Construction work doesn't actually build much muscle its just that a large proportion of people that work construction do so because they are naturally big and strong anyway.
This news article on weight gain and getting wider as we age isn't going to make anyone happier (might make some of us feel less guilty though)...but it could explain BM's bulkier appearance when compared to how he looked years ago.
Those Extra Pounds and Inches Are Not Just Fat -- Your Bones Are to Blame Too

I can't see him laying down at a burial site, laying down is such a weird thing to do as it is, it would only bring attention to anybody that saw him do it, Unless there was something on the floor, some kind of evidence he had left behind and laid down to quickly to cover it up and retrieve it before somebody noticed it.
Reminds me of people who have tried to crawl in the coffin with their deceased loved one--their grief and loss overwhelms their sense of rational thought.

Here finally are some pics of the Flatiron Park &Ride drainage (?) project in Broomfield, Colorado, taken yesterday. Looks to me (non-expert) like underground pipe was laid from a drain near the wall to the storm sewer main in the street, and the surface was re-graded to slope away from the retaining wall.

Attachments

• Flatiron Park & Ride 1.pdf
    Flatiron Park & Ride 1.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Flatiron P&R.jpg
    Flatiron P&R.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Flatiron P&R2.jpg
    Flatiron P&R2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Flatiron P&R3.jpg
    Flatiron P&R3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 170
Enough BM language now available IMO to do a little analysis of a uhh at he says.
Appears to be a compartamentalizing.

"I loved my wife"
isn't "I did not kill my wife"

"I would never hurt her." Isn't "I did not kill my wife"

"I did nothing wrong at the hotel." Isn't "I did not do anything wrong."
Very nice observation...BM is a master of putting a little bit of truth in a lot of fiction.

Regarding GPS/Navigational system for 2003
Range Rover-
from wiki
early US specifications -2003
the vehicle does have a navigation system w/ voice activation. However I wonder how advanced it was since there's many units available as after market upgrades.

The design has a monocoque (unibody) construction with four-wheel independent air suspension. Air suspension allowed variable ride height and achieved similar axle articulation to the previous live axle design. This retained off-road abilities while improving on-road performance.[6][7][8] The new Range Rover's introduction in early 2002 as a 2003 model for the North American market resulted in the Range Rover and Ford Expedition (also new for 2003) being the only two SUVs in the full-size sport utility class with four-wheel independent suspension systems at that time.

Early US-specification Range Rover included air conditioning with tri-zone climate controls with interior air filter, power tilt/telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls, cruise control, memory system, leather upholstered twelve-way power driver seats, ten-way power passenger seat, power sunroof, a premium sound system with six-disc CD changer, navigation system with voice activation, rearview camera, wireless mobile phone link, universal garage door opener, and outside-temperature indicator. Options included 14-way power heated/cooled front seats, DVD entertainment system, and upgraded leather upholstery.

The talk of coolers and walls keeps making me think would it be possible that BM built a wall around a cooler? ( not his Salida job wall thingy, maybe something at their home?)
Extremely unlikely, I know.
That would be careful way to hide and memorialize SM in a strange way. Harking back to Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart, and the Black Cat...where the protagonist walls up their nemesis only to find they can't escape their own haunting thoughts--BM does seems to fit Poe's psychological profile--staunch invincibility riddled with guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM