Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s so predictable it isn’t even funny. The bus gains another victim:

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”

According to BM--
Worker #1: Drug user who builds crooked walls who is such a high risk he must be warned to stay away from BM's family, but not such a high risk that the Morphew's security cameras were kept functional;
Worker #2: 9 years in prison, so a liar;
Worker #3: Meth head, so a liar.

Sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether BM just exploits workers (i.e. paying lower than market labor costs, perhaps under the table) who've found themselves unemployable for one reason or another, or hires them as convenient scapegoats behind which to hide his own criminality.

Maybe it's a two-fer.

A reasonable person couldn't help but wonder whether BM did the same in Indiana and that's why they moved to Colorado. It might be worth investigating who worked for and became a scapegoat for BM there, but for the fact that they were probably never on the books.

I wonder if the IRS has ever taken a close look at his books.

MOO.

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

^^^
>>>>was he out buying chlorine?
BBM.

First, a pet peeve.. Since when is it okay to publish hearsay like this? Frankly, I dont care what MG heard second hand, and a journalist shouldn't report it, ever, IMO.

But I do care what she observed re: his behavior, what BMs "friends" said to her about hush money (in case she knew he was in cahoots with the mountain lion, apparently, considering that's what BM was saying happened at that time), and the fact that the job on Sunday was a last minute idea.

Wow. Kudos to LS.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

<snip>

Morgan Gentile came forward after her friend and coworker, Jeffrey Puckett, spoke to FOX21 News.

Gentile says the case has broken up her family, forced her to relocate, and is keeping her from finding employment.

“I got treated through all . this just like I’m the other woman, even though I’m not the other woman,” Gentile said. “I just happen to be a woman.”

Gentile said several people have accused her of having an affair with Suzanne Morphew’s husband.

Barry has also denied accusations that he may have had affairs.

“Everybody’s out there saying, ‘oh, you got a girlfriend, you must have an affairs.’ Where is it? There’s nobody. There’s never been another love in my life,” Barry told FOX21 News.

<snip>

Gentile corroborated Puckett’s claims concerning a hotel room in Broomfield, where Barry had also spent time.

“We opened the door and I mean, like, the chlorine hit you and you’re, like, my eyes started watering and burning. And, like, the towels were like super wet on the floor, and it looked like he had, like, made the bed before he left,” Gentile said.

And, she said, Barry’s behavior that weekend had seemed strange.

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

Beach-site.jpg

The “beach site” located off County Road 105, east of Salida
That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said.

“We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April,” Gentile explained.

She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job.

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”
Oh crap. MG put it all out there!!!

A lot to unpack here.

Would really like to know who these two men who approached MG were.

Did BM have more help than we thought?
That sure would complicate an investigation, wouldn’t it? May be why the Sheriff wants to make absolutely sure they know EXACTLY what happened to SM. No doubt they think she’s dead, but are they having a hard time determining at whose hand?

Can anyone help me here? What facts that we know (precious little, but getting better by the day), would discredit the notion that Barry had someone else actually do it? I don’t doubt for a moment that he’s involved but I still wonder if he involved others.

That’s a common expression, and I don’t take it as confirmation that there is another woman.

“I’m not the other woman,” meaning, “I’m not having an affair with Barry.”

Maybe he was involved with someone else but it wasn’t a woman. You never know...with his cocky attitude that would definitely be something he wouldn’t want to get out.

Wow. From the article.

Gentile said she and Puckett packed up and drove back to Salida, where the investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance was well underway. She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”
Ummm, two men LINKED to BM? WTH does that mean? Personal assistants, his hairdresser and fashion consultant, henchman? What are we talking about here?

Oh crap. MG put it all out there!!!
Here’s the thing, Barry is acting like these people are out there badmouthing him. They’re only telling Lauren what happened, and what they saw.

These things just so happen to be damning.

Last minute job, acting bizarrely, leaving useless tools, chlorine, etc.

Then he viciously attacks them, and tries to discredit them. Nice guy.

I agree. Also think she has a couple of things on her side: a local with longtime roots in Chaffee County versus an outsider that locals may perceive as somebody landing in town, throwing his weight and his money around. MOO
Interesting comment Seattle1. It brings me full circle the another recent comment that I took as ridiculous...

Another store owner added, “people that have money can do dangerous things, if you get too close to the fire you can get burned.”

Last edited:
So JP is a felon. MG is a meth head. LE is incompetent. The media is just mean. Poor Barry. MOO.
Thank you so much for the bump!

At 6:30 in the video, he said he would be at the vigil, "absolutely" on September 25th.
IMO, there is not a snowball's chance in he11 he will show up at The Vigil.

BM was put on the spot in the video, if he had answered "No, I won't be attending The Vigil", he would have been peppered with questions, "well why not"? BM did not want to answer those questions on video.

"Anything you say, can and will be used against you in a Court of Law"

JMO, MOO

One thing for sure that we learned.

That smell in the room was not just a casual odor from towels being used to dry off after a swim in a pool or anything like that. It was a very strong odor that burned your eyes the minute you walked in the room. Whatever he used it was strong stuff. JMO

"“We opened the door and I mean, like, the chlorine hit you and you’re, like, my eyes started watering and burning."

A lot to unpack here.

Would really like to know who these two men who approached MG were.

Did BM have more help than we thought?
I'm afraid we'll discover these might be well meaning indivuals who were conned, big time.
I suspect they'll have more to say, later.

jmo

Why are all these well meaning individuals declining polygraphs?

I am wondering if Morgan is leaving it up to Cassidy to speak or not. She will not be the one to tell his story. That’s fair.
The part I'm questioning is when she says she and JP came back together. She has every right to let Cassidy tell his own story, just that she pretty firmly left him out of the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member