Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATVs are really loud. Doesn't seem like the vehicle of choice for taking off into the night to hide a body? But I suppose if the location were remote enough, it could be a possibility.
But the advantage is that they are in the middle of nowhere, not a lot of close neighbors. Entirely possible he went somewhere that only the wildlife would hear, imo. Also, the noise from the Bobcat at an unusual hour didn't seem to bother him, either.

The whole aspect of the phone pings and GPS/EVI, etc, we're Crime Hags, we know this stuff from following cases, does the average person have this as just general knowledge? Also dependent on how tech-savvy he is, as well. Some people think clearing your browser history actually gets rid of your browser history, imo.

Thanks!
I wonder if BM thought at long as he turned off the phones, he was good to go. Not a thought to the EVI, or GPS built in to vehicles.

I hope so, but at the same time, if that data was available to LE, I feel like they would have found SM already.

I’m curious if he disable the bobcat tracking or used a ATV without tracking or someone else’s car was involved and LE hasn’t been able to get a warrant to get their EVI.

Y’all, where did Andy say Barry was now living (the town)? I’ve dug through 3 or 4 of PE shows, plus Andy’s appearance on Indy News Media. I can’t find it. I feel positive he corrected his mistake of saying Pueblo, but I canNOT find it. I’m thinking either Poncha Springs (5mi from Salida) or Carson City (59mi from Salida). I’m almost POSITIVE it’s Poncha Springs. I looked in our media thread. I know I’m missing it because I’m so tired, but it’s driving me nuts. I’m digging through our last few threads now. Thanks!

But the advantage is that they are in the middle of nowhere, not a lot of close neighbors. Entirely possible he went somewhere that only the wildlife would hear, imo. Also, the noise from the Bobcat at an unusual hour didn't seem to bother him, either.

The whole aspect of the phone pings and GPS/EVI, etc, we're Crime Hags, we know this stuff from following cases, does the average person have this as just general knowledge? Also dependent on how tech-savvy he is, as well. Some people think clearing your browser history actually gets rid of your browser history, imo.

If he had his phone with him when he hid Suzanne,wouldn't LE have been able to really narrow down a search area?

I don't use twitter,but perhaps someone who does,could ask her,please.

I don’t see anything on her Twitter (I think others here might be be able to ping her).

I did see this from PE about a FB live tomorrow night. (BBM):

Psychology of a Police Investigation:

Join the Profiling Evil team and Dr. Judy Ho, a triple board certified and licensed Clinical and Forensic Neuropsychologist for a dive into the psychology of a police investigation. We’ll look at the Suzanne Morphew missing persons case and the methodology of the investigation. Dr. Ho will also share information on her new book, “Stop Self-Sabotage.”

Profiling Evil

If he had his phone with him when he hid Suzanne,wouldn't LE have been able to really narrow down a search area?

Good point. And if he didn’t have his phone, and he wasn’t using a car GPS, it makes sense that he would travel to a place and use roads that he knows.

Now that still leaves a ton of land but maybe narrows down the possibility some.

I would imagine they could. I wonder if he didn't leave his phone somewhere "where it was supposed to be". I think this whole case is going to hinge on the phone and other electronic data. What BM claims, vs what the data shows.

From the conversations I've had with family, friends and co-workers over the years, my answer has to be NO, the full spectrum of digital evidence is not at all general knowledge.

jmo

I think one of the most telling things will be the particular areas that are searched. It’s entirely possible that Suzanne is located no where near Denver.

I think it all comes down to when he disposed of Suzanne’s body. He either did it before he left for Denver, or he did it on the way (I think he left earlier than 5 AM in that case).

If he did it before and returned home, then she’d be somewhere in the opposite direction.

If he did it on the way, he could have detoured. I just hope the searchers are given a general idea of where law enforcement suspects she may be.

How did you read the Sheriff's press release below? I took it as he's going to provide resources to support and assist AM's search effort. But it's AM's search and LE will be taking his lead on where he wants to search (set up a command post) but I don't get the impression they will be suggesting search sites based on any of their evidence. A crime scene team will be on standby in case evidence is found. IMO Your thoughts?

NEW: Sheriff John Spezze sent a press release at 9:47 p.m. Thursday night. This update comes after FOX21’s Lauren Scharf has asked multiple times about the upcoming search effort:

As part of this investigation numerous searches were conducted however Suzanne has yet to be located.

Andrew Moorman, brother of Suzanne Morphew, is organizing an independent search in the area of Suzanne’s disappearance. This effort will begin on September 24th and continue for the next several days. Andrew will be leading several hundred volunteer searchers from various towns and states in his effort to find his sister.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation want to support this effort. Although our team is unable to coordinate and lead this effort due to liability issues we want to support this effort in several different ways. We certainly appreciate this huge undertaking and want to offer support to facilitate their efforts.

We will be staffing our command post with liaison personnel to assist Moorman search members. Our SAR units will be on hand to assist with Moorman search team accountability and other search team coordination issues. Our crime scene team will be available to document and collect any evidence if found. We will have both Chaffee County and CBI case Agents on hand in this endeavor as well.

As with any major undertaking it takes many different resources to complete a task and we once again appreciate the Moorman Search effort and its many volunteers.”

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

ATVs are really loud. Doesn't seem like the vehicle of choice for taking off into the night to hide a body? But I suppose if the location were remote enough, it could be a possibility.
I read that Chaffee county has 16,000 mines with over 5,000 still active.
When studying the mine sites, it's amazing to me that there are all these little roads leading to these out of the way mines.
I believe these roads would be passable by about any old pickup and wouldn't need an ATV or bobcat just to transport a small body.

BM did what was easiest and still able to get the body out of the way. Would love to know if
LE thinks he used the bobcat. And if they have him in a different vehicle w/ a cooler.
We need more facts here. Harumph.

How did you read the Sheriff's press release below? I took it as he's going to provide resources to support and assist AM's search effort. But it's AM's search and LE will be taking his lead on where he wants to search (set up a command post) but I don't get the impression they will be suggesting search sites based on any of their evidence. A crime scene team will be on standby in case evidence is found. IMO Your thoughts?

NEW: Sheriff John Spezze sent a press release at 9:47 p.m. Thursday night. This update comes after FOX21’s Lauren Scharf has asked multiple times about the upcoming search effort:

As part of this investigation numerous searches were conducted however Suzanne has yet to be located.

Andrew Moorman, brother of Suzanne Morphew, is organizing an independent search in the area of Suzanne’s disappearance. This effort will begin on September 24th and continue for the next several days. Andrew will be leading several hundred volunteer searchers from various towns and states in his effort to find his sister.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation want to support this effort. Although our team is unable to coordinate and lead this effort due to liability issues we want to support this effort in several different ways. We certainly appreciate this huge undertaking and want to offer support to facilitate their efforts.

We will be staffing our command post with liaison personnel to assist Moorman search members. Our SAR units will be on hand to assist with Moorman search team accountability and other search team coordination issues. Our crime scene team will be available to document and collect any evidence if found. We will have both Chaffee County and CBI case Agents on hand in this endeavor as well.

As with any major undertaking it takes many different resources to complete a task and we once again appreciate the Moorman Search effort and its many volunteers.”

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Color. I think someone’s s****ing their pants about now

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado
I think someone’s s****ing their pants about now jmoo

I like the ATV idea but it seems like that would require him to manually dig a grave. I think it would have to be at least 6' deep to avoid detection by animals. That was one of Chase Merritt's mistakes in the McStay case, he didn't dig a deep enough grave even though it was off road in the desert and that led to the discovery of the family by a dirt biker because animals had ravaged the grave. While I don't doubt that BM had the strength and adrenalin to hand dig a grave, did he take the time to do so or did he use his bobcat?

Maybe @Dave F. could speak to the soil conditions in the area and the difficulty or not of digging by hand, as IIRC he is familiar with the area.

MOO

That last press release showed that not only have they been quietly searching, but they’ve pulled out all the stops.

Just a staggering amount of resources used, to include the best body finders in the world, Necrosearch International.

I am betting that LE, Necrosearch, etc. is going to do some new intensive searching on their own even before Andy and crew arrive for their search.

I am sure LE would love to find SM before the public search comes because if the public search ends up finding her, then it will not necessarily be a good look for them that the public can do what they could not. The pressure is really on them now to try to find her before the public search begins.

I also hope LE joins in the public search and includes their own resources to go hand in hand with the public searches.

We all have the same goal. Lets find Suzanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan