Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from PE:

AM and crew are headed to colorado, from indiana, in a caravan on sept 22 (about 35 people). he plans to get with the sheriff and CBI first thing.

mark johnson's (lawyer, CEO of Visual Labs) company specializes in forensic documentation and forensic visualization, showing accurately a crime scene, or a disaster scene, using digital tools and interfacing with LE groups, as well as search and rescue. they use drone technology with thermal-based sensors to detect activity and disturbances and clandestine graves, things not apparent to the naked eye. they have new software developed to coordinate on the ground, so as to not waste resources and/or time. since it's such a remote area, they also have access to image libraries, both aerial satellite- based and terrestrial photo-dimetric imaging, so it's possible to go into the historical record and see if they can find any useful info. he's going to be pulling some of the aerials, from mother's day, to identify potential areas to make available for the search teams! wow! (mark also helped with the daybell case.)

per andy, they have collected EVI (electric vehicle information). the cell phone info has been kept very private by the investigators, and AM feels there must be a reason behind that, so he's not questioning it. he is hoping once he gets to colorado, they will give him and his crew suspect areas to search.

mike asks andy to share with the viewers (and mark, the guest) the change that has happened in the last 4-5 weeks since he went public with his pleas for help. andy replies, "LS from fox21 did some really interesting interviews that i would beg you to watch. if you thought some things were sinister before, when you watch those, you're really gonna think that. i know i do. my sole mission is to find my sister. i'm not a judge, a jury, or the police. they can deal with the rest. i just need to find suzanne. that's my goal. my only goal."
Thank you for sharing!

I will be taking plenty of photos and keep our fellow WS'ers in the loop! Cross your fingers, say a prayer or do whatever it is that works for you and send them our way. We want to help this poor family... #justicefotrsuzanne
Your participation in the search (and the participation by other members) will make this thread verrry special - thank you in advance for telling us, how the search is going and the details around! You and your husband are very brave, hopefully you aren't for nothing! I will press my thumbs until they will become a little blueish, if it may help!
Idk at the moment, if we here on WS got into BM's mind deep enough already to guess, where he could have had hidden Suzanne, the "love of his life". Where might the place be, where Suzanne lies, satisfied "to have saved one person's life" (NOT soul, but life!)? Did BM think, she would be happy near a church/cemetery, even after a forced death? Did he even think about something more than about himself, his money, how to use his many landscaping machines/tools and how to get away?

I’m trying to catch up. I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and I’m currently huddled with my freaked out dog in the living room listening to continuous heavy rain and scary loud wind gusts. Hurricane Sally has us in her path and she is moving excruciatingly slowly. BTW It’s never a good sign when you turn on the tv for a hurricane update and there are three The Weather Channel reporters broadcasting from your city! :p Luckily Sally is only a Cat 1 but it’s tearing up our beautiful white sand beaches with the storm surge and many more areas will be flooded.

I just watched the PE from last night and was very impressed with Mark Johnson and his company Visual Law. It has been discussed up thread in more detail but it’s just so awesome they are going to help AM with the search! I can’t wait to see what happens starting on the 24th. PE is not going but it sounds like AM and LS will keep in touch with them because they said they will give nightly updates - so hopefully we will get to find out where they are searching. Since CCSO & CBI are assisting AM now the locations might be very telling. Andy seemed very down last night. He said he was exhausted but I also think he’s really sad. He said nothing good will come of this (search) and I thought that was weird but then he explained that it’s not good if he doesn’t find her and it’s not good if he does. Poor Andy, I get it. But I do think some good will come out of finding Suzanne...a proper burial, closure for her family and hopefully an arrest & conviction! The reality that he might actually find his baby sister is probably hitting him hard. IMO

I contributed to the search fund but wish there was more we could do if we aren’t going to the search. If I’ve missed anything in that regard please let me know. I really wish I could go and participate. It’s just too far and I’m a little to old to be hiking mountains in that elevation and also Covid. And I’m also more than a little scared of mountain lions, bobcats & pumas now! And bears! I’m an RN and thought about signing up to volunteer in a medical tent or pass out water. It’s about a 20 hour drive from Alabama. So if anyone from my area is thinking about going but doesn’t want to drive alone please let me know. It might be too late to sign up soon and I could still be convinced. :D

My thoughts & prayers to everyone else dealing with hurricanes...and wildfires. Crazy times right now! It’s going to be a long night because these roaring winds and creaky noises are getting scary but I’m going to eat hurricane junk food and Daisy & I ate going to hang out with you guys on and off this evening until I lose power and Wifi. :(

Stay safe, Lilypad. As a New Orleans native and former resident of Gulfport, I watch the Gulf Coast hurricane season closely, even though thousands of miles from there now. Hope you and yours stay safe and dry!

Andy’s words are sad and true. Whereas there will be a level of “closure” for the family if Suzanne is found, and the potential for justice to be served, nothing will bring her back or lessen the tragedy of her tragic loss. A bright light was snuffed out needlessly. There is no truly good outcome of the upcoming search.

Last edited:
I don't think the CO move was based on running away from anything. BM was an avid hunter. SM enjoyed the outdoors. Their daughter was going to college in CO. I think this was a planned move, IMO.

That's not to say problems in their marriage didn't follow them out to CO, but I think something changed in CO - not sure what it was.... but that's just MOO.....
I have doubts.
Well, BW was an avid hunter. In CO though he became a volunteer firefighter - would he have had time to go after his hobby any longer?
Well, maybe SM loved the outdoors. Who loves the outdoors so much, that hiking/biking without husband or daughters would have been worth striving for, even when just suffering from cancer and being in her late forties?
Well, one daughter had chosen her college to be in CO. Did she need the whole family to follow her?
In addition the M's didn't sell their million $ home in IN on time, afaik.
Also BM took his time, to register his business/businesses in CO, afaik.
With the move to CO contact between the 4 M's and the rest of the family (IN or elsewhere) broke off, it seems.
The new million $ home in CO seems to be so very shielded from everything re the location of property and the non-available electronic contact options (missing the right term). Nothing there except one elderly neighbor to get help, if help would be needed some day in the future.
I have the feeling, BM has displaced Suzanne first in a spontaneous decision with this move to CO, second time around MD in 2020 with a last spontaneous decision. If he had help by someone, Idk. MOO

I think one of the most telling things will be the particular areas that are searched. It’s entirely possible that Suzanne is located no where near Denver.

I think it all comes down to when he disposed of Suzanne’s body. He either did it before he left for Denver, or he did it on the way (I think he left earlier than 5 AM in that case).

If he did it before and returned home, then she’d be somewhere in the opposite direction.

If he did it on the way, he could have detoured. I just hope the searchers are given a general idea of where law enforcement suspects she may be.

I think one of the most telling things will be the particular areas that are searched. It’s entirely possible that Suzanne is located no where near Denver.

I think it all comes down to when he disposed of Suzanne’s body. He either did it before he left for Denver, or he did it on the way (I think he left earlier than 5 AM in that case).

If he did it before and returned home, then she’d be somewhere in the opposite direction.

If he did it on the way, he could have detoured. I just hope the searchers are given a general idea of where law enforcement suspects she may be.
Between phone pings and gps (which they should have by now IMO) I’m hoping they have maps ready - but if true, why wouldn’t LE search? Is there some limit? Or have they quietly been searching?

jmo

Between phone pings and gps (which they should have by now IMO) I’m hoping they have maps ready - but if true, why wouldn’t LE search? Is there some limit? Or have they quietly been searching?

jmo
That last press release showed that not only have they been quietly searching, but they’ve pulled out all the stops.

Just a staggering amount of resources used, to include the best body finders in the world, Necrosearch International.

That last press release showed that not only have they been quietly searching, but they’ve pulled out all the stops.

Just a staggering amount of resources used, to include the best body finders in the world, Necrosearch International.
you are right - I forgot about that press release in the midst of the Other Woman frenzy -
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
September 10, 2020
Today marks the 4-month anniversary when Suzanne Morphew was reported missing.
Since that initial report the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has joined forces with CBI, FBI and the 11th Judicial District in an intensive investigation to find Suzanne Morphew.
In this investigation resources were called in to assist with numerous searches. These resources have included Chaffee SAR South and North, The Colorado Department of Corrections S.O.R.T Team, the CBI Crime Scene Investigation Team, FBI Evidence Response Team, Chaffee County Combined Tactical Team, Salida Fire Department Swift Water Rescue Team, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team, Colorado State Patrol, El Paso County SAR Dog Team, Fremont County SAR Dog Team, Reach Air Medical Service, FBI Aviation Support Team, Necro Search International, Elizabeth Police Dog Team, Colorado Department of Corrections East Canon Tracking Team and the SAR Board of Colorado, which includes numerous SAR teams from around the state.
These above resources have contributed to numerous foot searches, Air Aviation searches and mapping, underwater imaging, dive team searches, several search dogs which includes air scent, tracking and HR Dogs. We have used numerous Drones for searches in several different areas.
We continue to follow leads and tips as well as develop information and have not limited our search areas to one particular location. With this we are planning another law enforcement search in the near future.
Our investigation team continues to work closely with one another and is committed 100% to this endeavor.
We continue to field tips and follow up on all information through our dedicated tip line as well as by way of interviews.
Our investigation team has made it a priority to remind the public of Suzanne and her disappearance and with today's 4-month anniversary we are once again contacting the public. We are handing out flyers with Suzanne’s picture and information in hopes of more public awareness.
Our sole purpose is to either find Suzanne or determine the cause of her disappearance.
Our investigative team would like nothing more than to disseminate information to the public in regards to our progress in this process however in any open investigation we cannot divulge any information as it puts the integrity of the investigation at risk.
With this we ask the public to focus on Suzanne Morphew and encourage once again anyone who has information to please call our dedicated tip line at 719-312-7530.
Thanks You
John A. Spezze
Chaffee County Sheriff
Chaffee County Sheriff - Website

Your participation in the search (and the participation by other members) will make this thread verrry special - thank you in advance for telling us, how the search is going and the details around! You and your husband are very brave, hopefully you aren't for nothing! I will press my thumbs until they will become a little blueish, if it may help!
Idk at the moment, if we here on WS got into BM's mind deep enough already to guess, where he could have had hidden Suzanne, the "love of his life". Where might the place be, where Suzanne lies, satisfied "to have saved one person's life" (NOT soul, but life!)? Did BM think, she would be happy near a church/cemetery, even after a forced death? Did he even think about something more than about himself, his money, how to use his many landscaping machines/tools and how to get away?

It certainly would be an idea for searchers to look closely at nearby cemeteries.

One of the things I would do is poll friends of Suzanne and find out her "favorite spots" to sit and relax outdoors. Places like near a pond, scenic overlook, creek, waterfall, etc. She may have been buried in a remote favorite place. It may be that only close friends know where these places are, and they could be along a bike or hiking trail. The "heavy equipment" scenario is very valid, but don't discount the other options. These are the first places I looked for missing youth and adults that had run off after an "upsetting event" in their life or where suicide was suspected.

IIRC, both models—Range Rover and Land Rover— are made by Rover, a British car company, and they're expensive. Would they not both have GPS? Even in 2003? They're "rugged outdoors" kind of vehicles, just the kind that might have been "early adopters" for tech like installed GPS.
I posted a link several thread ago that showed the 2003 Rover DID have a gps navigational system.
I want to know if he maybe borrowed a truck from a friend or co- worker or construction buddy. Like fotis Dulos did.

One of the things I would do is poll friends of Suzanne and find out her "favorite spots" to sit and relax outdoors. Places like near a pond, scenic overlook, creek, waterfall, etc. She may have been buried in a remote favorite place. It may be that only close friends know where these places are, and they could be along a bike or hiking trail. The "heavy equipment" scenario is very valid, but don't discount the other options. These are the first places I looked for missing youth and adults that had run off after an "upsetting event" in their life or where suicide was suspected.

I agree that a run away or a person considering suicide would be drawn to a favourite place.
I do not think that BM would be thinking about places Suzanne enjoyed when deciding where to hide her.He would be looking for a place she would not be found.

I do not think that BM would be thinking about places Suzanne enjoyed when deciding where to hide her.He would be looking for a place she would not be found.

Respectfully snipped.

That place could be one and the same, remote with the bonus of assuaging what guilt the actor may be feeling. Making the event more palatable to the actor improves their ability to relax and tell a better lie.

How many times in these threads have we seen the comments "that's not something the actor would do", and as it turns out, that's exactly what the actor did. From the fictional Sherlock Holmes to Alan Pinkerton, evaluating and eliminating all the variables leaves you with the most probable scenario.

I agree that a run away or a person considering suicide would be drawn to a favourite place.
I doubt he knew about any of her favorite places. I just can’t see him knowing. MOO

i think he likely had her body taken care of before 5 am sunday. he took off from that house so early to go set up his alibi and clean up his truck/tools. he's too much of a coward to drive with a body. imo.

(hey @MassGuy, couldn't wait to see ya again to say, in a quiet whisper, "who dat." :p:D;))

I doubt he knew about any of her favorite places. I just can’t see him knowing. MOO

if he's the type of man that brutally (and premeditatedly imo) murdered his wife and covered it to the extent that we assume he has, he is NOT the type of man that would give a **** about sentimental places to dispose of her.

Thinking back to cemeteries would LE check whether any graves had been dug ready for a ceremony on Monday.It would be an easy job for him to dig deeper and hide Suzanne.
Would any of his employees have a sideline job as grave diggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill