Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

Huh? Nowhere does the article state that BM sold his business for a million-plus dollars! Please provide the link for this claim.

The article states the former CEO James Burkart (now serving a nearly 10-year sentence at a federal prison camp in Alabama after pleading guilty to fraud charges) younger brother owned a landscaping business.

Other than FBI working with Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, there's also no evidence a federal District Attorney involved in SM missing investigation. Please provide a link for this allegation. TIA.

Just FYI, member @NatureLover is now a VI, verified friend of the Moorman family.

As a VI, per TOS, this member is not required to post links to inside info that they share here.

For some reason I thought they owned the house outright and did not have a mortgage. I don't know where that information came from, but I read it in one of the earlier threads.

Also, I just saw a post indicating BM sold his business for 1 million. If that's true and Suzanne's inheritance covered the rest maybe they did own the home free and clear. It apparently was listed at 1.5 million when they bought it.

Also, does anybody know the difference between a federal DA and a regular DA? I thought a DA was a federal prosecutor. It was suggested earlier that a federal DA being involved might be associated with some type of nefarious activity.
I think the OP was saying it's not just Barry's home alone, Suzanne shared in the ownership.

I can't say if the areas searched yesterday were already searched by the CCSO, CBI, FBI, etc., but I can say I've followed countless cases where remains, or evidence was located in an area that had been previously searched by trained professionals. It's VERY common, and there are lots of reasons for it. So, re-searching a previously searched area is never a bad idea.

There are many cases were bodies, body parts or even clothing of a missing person are found in previously searched areas. Often these searches are conducted by family members after LE has exhausted their efforts. Many of those cases also remain unsolved. However, if a family can find their loved ones body, even if the case is unsolved, it provides some closure, so these searches are important.

I do not believe any of the items found yesterday would fall into these categories though, so their evidentiary value may be limited...IMO

I have appreciated your posts when you don't have BM as the bad guy every single time. I personally like discussions when new media info is released and someone looks at it a different way, with not the usual suspect in the narrative. I find it refreshing. IMO
We share a mutual appreciation, then. I find your posts to be informative and nonjudgemental, thank YOU!

And LE has to spend resources examining these items, whether they relate to the case or not....IMO.
I would be very surprised if anyone found evidence relating to the case. It's still worth the effort, especially if they do find something. There is a lot of ground to cover and there doesn't seem to be a specific area that has been narrowed down by LE. There must be some reason they are planning another search, though. Maybe they are waiting until Andy's search is over or they are conducting another search that we haven't heard about while all this is going on.

Actually, this may not be new info. I recall from several months ago that SM "liked" a charity on her FB that supported recovery and abuse issues.

I remember that too. However, after what AM stated, this is the first confirmation I’ve read published by media that SM was working with DV meetings. That part is new for me. I remember not long ago we had to be careful discussing DV or BM as abuses iirc bc we had no actual reports of DV.

Last edited:
Apart from the gun business the 2 things that strike me about BM in day 1 of the search are:

1. He lives in a condo in another town. So he deliberately made a trip specifically to prevent his Puma Path property being searched

2. The absolutely stark contrast between him and the local lady who was reported approaching the search party to invite and encourage them to search her 300 acres of private property.

However, a part of me suspects that Suzanne is not on the property and that it serves BM’s purpose well to keep the focus there so it won’t be where it needs to be.

moo

I believe the lady that encouraged them to search her property also had permission slips from other property owners that it was ok to search on their property too.

If SM was participating in domestic abuse meetings, and I was also in one of those meetings, and I found out she disappeared, esp if I knew she was planning on leaving, I think I would throw any confidentiality agreement out and the be on the phone to the sheriff. That violates a lot of ethical rules and things, but my concern for her safety would take precedence. Deal with whatever fallout may come, later.

Speculation and my opinion
You know it. I would go directly to the police as soon as I heard that SM was missing.

For some reason I thought they owned the house outright and did not have a mortgage. I don't know where that information came from, but I read it in one of the earlier threads.

Also, I just saw a post indicating BM sold his business for 1 million. If that's true and Suzanne's inheritance covered the rest maybe they did own the home free and clear. It apparently was listed at 1.5 million when they bought it.

Also, does anybody know the difference between a federal DA and a regular DA? I thought a DA was a federal prosecutor. It was suggested earlier that a federal DA being involved might be associated with some type of nefarious activity.

Yes. IIIRC they do own the house outright, people keep saying BM is the property owner.
Suzanne is co-owner and so far and for 7 years she is missing not deceased.

I think the OP was saying it's not just Barry's home alone, Suzanne shared in the ownership.
Yes, that's true but I'm still wondering if they owned the house outright. I thought I read that they did, but I don't what the original source was, or the source for the business being sold for 1 million dollars. That seems like a lot to me.

We also don't know if Suzanne had a will or what her wishes were. All of the marital property and money could go to BM.

If SM was participating in domestic abuse meetings, and I was also in one of those meetings, and I found out she disappeared, esp if I knew she was planning on leaving, I think I would throw any confidentiality agreement out and the be on the phone to the sheriff. That violates a lot of ethical rules and things, but my concern for her safety would take precedence. Deal with whatever fallout may come, later.

Speculation and my opinion

Absolutely.
MOO DV confidentiality agreements are to keep the subject of abuse safe.
If subject killed, all the agreements are void.

Agree,I think there is some good LE strategy behind today's reduction of news coverage and availability of GPS search locations.

Clearly BM wants information and is mentally suffering from the lack of it. Trail cams on his property - he wants to be able to watch what's happening, where are they looking? Those cams may not all be pointed inward on his property. Yesterday, BM could watch/review in real time where searchers were at. He could watch all sorts of media coverage.

Today, not so much. I can't think of anything that would rattle BM more. I'd not be surprised if BM is patrolling his property today like a sentry, and there is no searcher even in sight. That's got to be pretty stressful for BM, not knowing what's going on today, pacing....

JMO, MOO

For some reason, I’m picturing an even heavier presence of searchers, dogs, drones all buzzing around the Morphew property today with more of a LE presence with them as well.

Just FYI, member @NatureLover is now a VI, verified friend of the Moorman family.

As a VI, per TOS, this member is not required to post links to inside info that they share here.

Wow! How did I miss that.

Time to reread all of @NatureLover ’s posts with a new lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably