Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that LE has spoken to both Morphew families and Moorman families and take phone calls from family members. Andy is the only family members that has turned to social and mainstream media.
I think BM has now realised that giving interviews has been bad for his image. The first one I watched was so obvious he was implicit in his wife’s disappearance...His positive statements about wanting Suzanne home were overshadowed by the negative shakes of his head. It’s as if his mouth can lie but his body definitely cannot. That’s a giveaway with most I find, body language has its benefits.

I dunno. I've known people who had terminal illnesses at a young age (and I myself had a serious illness at 19). Didn't turn us into forward-thinking estate planners. I just did mine, for the first time, after realizing that I had in fact survived, had kids and finally, had assets (a house, some other things.

If a family lives on credit or doesn't have assets free and clear (we know very little about the finances of this family), getting one's affairs in order isn't the same. Many Americans die with debt.

Suzanne came from a family with assets - did they have cash? Or did they own a business that provided salaries to various people? Did everyone have good healthcare? We don't know. They had an instagram lifestyle but sadly, that means little these days - at least to me.

My mom had cancer early - didn't change a thing about her estate planning (which almost didn't get done). My mom had four different kinds of cancer over 30 years - and never did estate planning until her 70's.

My good friend had MS - didn't do estate planning. Died at 34. Had intellectual property rights and other assets. Another - whose parents were quiet wealthy - died of congestive heart failure at 49, after 10 years of health issues. Got married, had a wonderful wedding and never did her estate planning.

I think it's odd to claim that people who have early serious illnesses are all forward thinking about estate planning. Two of my uncles (both smart men) died intestate (one of cancer, the other from diabetes). They both had 10X more property than I have today. What do you make of that? One of them learned he was severely ill (on dialysis) when he was 50 - not that old, right? Lived another 7 years without plans, even though his kids really wanted him to make them. IMO.

I think there are many groups of people out there and some of them just trust that things will work out once they're gone - and they don't want to think about it. Of the many people I've known who were seriously ill early in life, taking the Que Sera, Sera attitude was/is not uncommon.

In some (many) families, one person takes charge of all of this. That may be the case here and it might not have been Suzanne.
I will add that over the years I’ve seen a couple factors that drive estate planning - one is handling a messy probate in court especially if it’s contested - the other is illness and they are advised to “get their affairs in order”. Covid is bringing this to importance as well - we are busy. JMO

I think BM has now realised that giving interviews has been bad for his image. The first one I watched was so obvious he was implicit in his wife’s disappearance...His positive statements about wanting Suzanne home were overshadowed by the negative shakes of his head. It’s as if his mouth can lie but his body definitely cannot. That’s a giveaway with most I find, body language has its benefits.
Welcome to Websleuths, Crazy cat lady.

Hry friends, missed you guys. Tricia and I are going to be on choir practice tonight at 8-8:15pm you wont want to miss what im sure will be my cat riley making me look very unprofessional :)
Wow, what an honor! I was actually able to watch last night. I have to say, you look nothing like your avatar, much prettier in person :)

Interesting isn’t it. People get hung up on Barry’s hand in the trash can but not having POAs for each other given their businesses and illness is a bigger red flag for me than 90 percent of the other alleged red flags that people have brought up.

Lack of POAs and no pictures of the kitchen.... by far the biggest red flags

I do think BM disappeared SM.

And if LE says a cougar was not involved, a cougar was not involved.

But has anybody seen that video that a hiker in Provo, Utah posted of an encounter he had with a cougar in Slate Canyon on Saturday? The mountain lion stalked and lunged at him over and over again for six long minutes while he was hiking. Absolutely terrifying. Idk how to link (on my phone) to the version I saw, but it's gone viral. Whoa.

That was an old friends grandson from Aspen I knew, brave young man!
He was mountain raised and experienced in cat territory and still so terrified
Have seen 2 of them in my 58 Colorado years of outdoor activity but both times on the same dirt road to my home from the safety of car. Never had a fear of them but she was aggressive!! Wow

Barry might have to call a reporter after that cougar footage, to prove his cat theory yet again. Then we can all debate the lack of drag marks, blood, and other physical evidence which would have to be on the scene.

But has anybody seen that video that a hiker in Provo, Utah posted of an encounter he had with a cougar in Slate Canyon on Saturday? The mountain lion stalked and lunged at him over and over again for six long minutes while he was hiking. Absolutely terrifying. Idk how to link (on my phone) to the version I saw, but it's gone viral. Whoa.

‘I don’t feel like dying today’: Utahn describes how he survived 6-minute cougar encounter

Oct 12, 2020

The 26-year-old from Orem did everything he could think of to ward the mother cougar off. He knew not to turn his back to her. He knew to back away — but not too fast. He cursed, yelled, growled and grunted while she continued to follow him, flashing her teeth at him, her ears pinned, her tail swishing.

[..]

merlin_2836178.jpg

After those six minutes of terror and pure adrenaline, Burgess was finally able to pick up a rock and hurl it at the mountain lion. It nailed her, and that’s when she took off running back down the trail.

“Wow, that just happened,” Burgess recalled thinking after she finally took off. “Honestly right now it still feels like a dream.”

YOUTUBE Video at the link above

I just watched it & that was terrifying. Every time she started charging at him I was on the edge of my seat & so scared for him!

Yup. I’m sure Barry is sending it to everyone he knows.

I guarantee you this though, as angry and aggressive as that cougar was, it couldn’t have thrown a bike and left no trace of her presence if she did decide to attack.

But yeah, that was a scary encounter for sure.
I found myself jumping and yelling at the end when mama cat was doing the lunging thing :eek:

That video underscored the fact if she had chosen to attack, there would have been very clear signs left at the scene.

I found myself jumping and yelling at the end when mama cat was doing the lunging thing :eek:

That video underscored the fact if she had chosen to attack, there would have been very clear signs left at the scene.

I agree there would have been quite a struggle and most likely some evidence of a struggle if a cougar like that one had attacked and drug off Suzanne.

For the cougar in the video, at first she was protecting her cubs but I do have to wonder if she was hungry and changed her mind to trying to feed herself and her babies since there was some "food" right there in front of her. She followed him for a long ways and it seemed to me that she had food on her mind near the 2nd half of that trail encounter.

What gets scary is when animals show no fear of humans. The cougar was obviously not too afraid of that person. Luckily he did all the right things and got away without a scratch.
They will size you up to see if they think they can take you. That cat sure was thinking seriously about it and finally gave up because the person did all the right things. Had he turned his back and started running, I can guarantee you he would have had a cougar on his back.
All JMO of course.

I agree there would have been quite a struggle and most likely some evidence of a struggle if a cougar like that one had attacked and drug off Suzanne.

For the cougar in the video, at first she was protecting her cubs but I do have to wonder if she was hungry and changed her mind to trying to feed herself and her babies since there was some "food" right there in front of her. She followed him for a long ways and it seemed to me that she had food on her mind near the 2nd half of that trail encounter.

What gets scary is when animals show no fear of humans. The cougar was obviously not too afraid of that person. Luckily he did all the right things and got away without a scratch.
They will size you up to see if they think they can take you. That cat sure was thinking seriously about it and finally gave up because the person did all the right things. Had he turned his back and started running, I can guarantee you he would have had a cougar on his back.
All JMO of course.
I know nothing about their predator behavior, maybe his bark was too weak. Thank God the rock did the trick.

As I said just watching this cat's behavior, if one were to attack there would be signs. Which is why LE concluded on day one, Suzanne was not attacked by a mountain lion. If the personal item was her helmet, finding it no where near the bike underscored their belief.

I'm starting to wonder if Barry is really the hunter, great outdoors man, everyone makes him out to be? Even putting that out as a suggestion to Draper was pretty dumb.

I know nothing about their predator behavior, maybe his bark was too weak. Thank God the rock did the trick.

As I said just watching this cat's behavior, if one were to attack there would be signs. Which is why LE concluded on day one, Suzanne was not attacked by a mountain lion. If the personal item was her helmet, finding it no where near the bike underscored their belief.

I'm starting to wonder if Barry is really the hunter, great outdoors man, everyone makes him out to be? Even putting that out as a suggestion to Draper was pretty dumb.
That’s the thing, he probably is that “great outdoors man everyone makes him out to be,” which is precisely why the “mountain lion” theory is so damning.

He knows better, yet is willing to embarrass himself because the alternative is so much worse.

The alternative being he did it.

I am a cat person with 5 total, with a ferret too. Haha. IMO the cougar was scared and protecting. Once her ears flattened out that is a certain sign. Yeah... don't run away.

Was there anyone else there with the guy? Never do that kind of stuff alone.

I am a cat person with 5 total, with a ferret too. Haha. IMO the cougar was scared and protecting. Once her ears flattened out that is a certain sign. Yeah... don't run away.

Was there anyone else there with the guy? Never do that kind of stuff alone.

Better yet, IMO, put your phone down and be a clear headed thinker in this situation. People drive me bonkers outdoors. IMO

OMG I saw that and it was terrifying! He was so close to being attacked and yet he kept videoing it on his phone. That cougar started off far back on the trail and by the time he scared it away it was literally within pouncing distance from him. Wow! I couldn’t believe he kept filming! At least his family would have known what happened to him. That “cat” got so ferocious a few times there at the end...that guy was very lucky. I think yelling and throwing the rock saved him. If he had started running I think it would have attacked him. As long as he was using his phone anyway, I wonder if he played some loud music or pulled up a bear sound if that would have scared the cougar away sooner? Close call!!! And that was a beautiful hike surrounded with all the beautiful colors of Fall foliage. I bet he never goes hiking again!

I still don’t believe that’s what happened to Suzanne...her predator had two legs! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin