Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall that it was BM who first relayed that the girls were camping with his sister (TN's mom) in Idaho which makes absolutely no sense due to Covid restrictions in place at the time. One poster suggested they might have been returning from Indiana which has made way more sense to me as the weeks go on. Going to Indiana to visit Morphew relatives would not require coolers other than maybe a small one for an eighteen hour trip. BM telling Andy they were in Idaho would make sense, if none of the Moormans were being visited to hide a trip to Indiana from him/them. MOO

And, as I have suggested previously, hunters hunting out of season likely have mines where they drop game remains taken out-of-season. Elk remains might fill up multiple coolers taken to such a place along with a body. MOO

Camping, which is an outdoors activity, was and is safe even with Covid. As long as people practice appropriate safe distancing, handwashing, and follow the recommendations, there's no reason camping can't or shouldn't happen. I don't see anything wrong with it, and it's been a vacation alternative for many in 2020. Being outdoors has never been restricted in states like CO, AZ and many others. In fact staying active outdoors has been encouraged in many states, mine included.

In the case with the girls going camping, it wasn't a big deal or dangerous. It's only notable because the girls were away, and being away coincided with their mother being disappeared. The girls could have been 2 hours away and SM still could have been killed and disposed.

As for the coolers, that's an interesting investigative detail. How many the M's had, what they were used for, how many remained. We won't know any of that until LE discloses it, someone else in the know discloses it, or it comes out at trial.

IMO

Last edited:
Guess I recalled incorrectly. I can't even find where I read the coolers are missing now. Apparently I lack at recall and/or re-research. My new ”teaching” gig is messing up my research breaks from the full time job. Back to lurking.
Andy gave us that tidbit. I see someone linked the story in MSM.

I seem to recall that it was BM who first relayed that the girls were camping with his sister (TN's mom) in Idaho which makes absolutely no sense due to Covid restrictions in place at the time. One poster suggested they might have been returning from Indiana which has made way more sense to me as the weeks go on. Going to Indiana to visit Morphew relatives would not require coolers other than maybe a small one for an eighteen hour trip. BM telling Andy they were in Idaho would make sense, if none of the Moormans were being visited to hide a trip to Indiana from him/them. MOO

And, as I have suggested previously, hunters hunting out of season likely have mines where they drop game remains taken out-of-season. Elk remains might fill up multiple coolers taken to such a place along with a body. MOO
I thought it was reported that they were on a camping trip with a group from their church? I'm looking but can't find the source for that, so maybe I'm wrong??

I thought it was reported that they were on a camping trip with a group from their church? I'm looking but can't find the source for that, so maybe I'm wrong??
I remember this too, but haven’t got a clue where this came from. Also remember discussing it if it even was possible in light of Covid. Definitely because many organized summer camps seemed to got cancelled. Camping with family is another thing altogether.

I remember this too, but haven’t got a clue where this came from. Also remember discussing it if it even was possible in light of Covid. Definitely because many organized summer camps seemed to got cancelled. Camping with family is another thing altogether.
Wasn't it Andy who mentioned this on one of the PE shows?

PE just released an interview with 2 experts, discussing Colorado law on conservatorship and non-profits.

That was an incredibly educational show.

It addresses many of the questions I've seen about this case, and does so in a very easy to understand format.

Good job @ProfilingEvil guys, great guests and well presented. :cool:

I haven't had cable for years but Dr. Oz discussing this case with NG made me laugh. His show must have evolved. lol
I haven’t had cable for 20 years, just antenna. Apparently the Dr. Oz show is no longer shown in Colorado Springs. Last season it was, not a big fan , but he did start having a segment called True Crime Thursday. This must be a part of that. I just shared it here for the media thread, I follow KDVR Fox 31 and they just tweeted it. If he can keep SM in the National spotlight, I’m all for it. But NG sure gets a lot of details wrong. JMO

To piggyback off this (and please correct me if im wrong @lamlawindy), from the statute I found below it looks like any interested party can file a petition with the court to be allowed to attend the proceedings related to this matter. By any, I take that to mean literally anyone, a friend, a family member, whomever. While the matter is currently decided (guardian has been assigned), it doesn't mean that wont change. Guardianship is an ongoing legal process and if a loved one is concerned, it may be worth their time to attend future hearings to ensure they stay in the loop with the situation. That being said the court has sole discretion to grant to dismiss a petition, so there's no guarantee the court would say yes... but, if the Judge has already noted the unique circumstances of the situation, that could weigh favorably for a potential petitioner.

I understand why people are uncomfortable with the decision, but in our criminal justice system defendants are innocent until proven guilty (at least legally) so as it stood at the time of the hearing the court wouldn't really have a legal reason to deny a spouse guardianship over rumors, especially when they receive no objection

IC 29-3-5-1 Filing of petition; requirements; notice and hearing; presence of alleged incapacitated person; exceptions; conduct of hearing
(f) Any person may apply for permission to participate in the proceeding, and the court may grant the request with or without hearing upon determining that the best interest of the alleged incapacitated person or minor will be served by permitting the applicant's participation. The court may attach appropriate conditions to the permission to participate.

Well said! Yes, any interested party could have petitioned to be heard. None did. Moreover, as you indicated, the court will keep oversight over the guardianship estate for quite a while.

Good news, Colorado requires those with guardianship to submit records to the court and relevant family memories, of activities taken on the person's behalf.

Bad news, YEARLY.

JMO based on what I think I understood from PE experts.

The only thing we know about the girls for sure is that they were not home at the time. Barry said this:
‘well it was mother's day
06:37
we uh
06:42
we had two daughters that were coming
06:43
home from the trip
06:46
and i got a job in denver that
06:50
i wanted to get started on on sunday set
06:52
it up for my work because my rookies are
06:53
coming in sunday night“

Everything (actually, including Barry’s words above), has not been supported by anything factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga