Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to think of something unselfish that Barry did. Something genuine that made you think, hey maybe he didn’t do this... If anybody can cite an instance, please do. I really cannot think of anything.

Reading through this post today, I have to admit you struck a nerve. A few years ago, a neighbor--great hostess and very sweet--knocked at my door to speak to my husband about an issue she passionately opposed, a local managed hunt. He was out. This news caused her to snap. She started yelling at me. Words I remember were, "You need to move," "What good have YOU ever done for this community?" I was shocked. It's not that I think I'm the world's kindest, most generous person, but I actually do a lot of community service, have housed homeless people, run a small nonprofit that benefits local youth, etc, none of which she was aware of. It's easy to judge others when we know little/nothing about their daily lives.

One photo that stands out in my mind is BM walking into the woods with one of the daughters. I believe it was on SM's social media with a caption about them going camping. I like to think the girls had many joyful times with their dad. What a sadness, indeed, if it turns out he did this terrible deed.

As spousal killers go BM (as a possible killer) would not even rise to the top 1/2 of worst, because that's just how evil killers are.

From family annihilators (like Coleman & Watts), who would have to be considered the worst of the worst, to spouses who kill in front of their children, or murder with children in the house, to killer spouses who manipulate one or more children to help them with their murder or cleanup, I think the vileness is such that what happened to Suzanne, which is undoubtedly awful and evil, makes her alleged killer average, at best.

And that's not to suggest one person's life is any less important than any other person's life, they are all important and the loss of any person due to murder is unconscionable.

IMO

Can somebody clarify for me if what AM thought SM was interested in trying to alleviate her symptoms was smoking marijuana or taking prescribed medicinal cannabis/cannabinoid in a clinical setting?
tia

Can somebody clarify for me if what AM thought SM was interested in trying to alleviate her symptoms was smoking marijuana or taking prescribed medicinal cannabis/cannabinoid in a clinical setting?
tia

All we know is what AM said in his interview:

"suzanne wanted to try some marijuana when she was going through her chemotherapy because she'd heard that really eased a lot of the symptoms and he was so against that"

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

We don't know if she ever did take/use it, just that she wanted to try it, and BM was against it.

tia
IMO, because I don't have a link handy, AM mentioned in at least one and possibly more than one interview, that it was the side effects of chemo that caused SM to want to try marijuana (I'm assuming medical marijuana). It wasn't something recreational; AM specifically related it to Suzanne's cancer reoccurrence and chemo. However, AM didn't get specific in any one type of cannabis product, he just used a general term, and he said BM was against her using that drug.

IMO

tia
I don't know what symptoms Suzanne was suffering through, but by far the most common side effect of chemo is nausea. It can be protracted and severe, leading to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

I tend to agree.

I have this weird scenario floating in my head that possibly BM was and or is involved in some illegal activity. It does appear that they have plenty of liquid assets and not so much in liabilities, which could be a result of these activities. Some of this seems fairly recent. SM could have been a casualty of such illegal dealings. BM's weird activities and sense of mind could lead to a H*ly **** moment that they mean business. His immediate transfer of assets could possibly be that he still has to make amends to these dealings as well. Kind of explains how weird some folks have gone quiet in this investigation as well. Is he protecting something and as we know not being truthful? There are several unsolved cases here on WS that I am a firm believer have ties to illegal activity that resulted in a gruesome message to those involved.

Again, this is my opinion and hopefully it keeps you guys thinking! I am always trying to find BM's motive as well.

A cougar, not.
A bike ride, not.
An abduction, not.
A suicide, not.
A mafia hit, not.

Just a plain ole, vanilla,
domestic violence/murder case.
Common, unfortunately.

Moo

"suzanne wanted to try some marijuana when she was going through her chemotherapy because she'd heard that really eased a lot of the symptoms and he was so against that"

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

We don't know if she ever did take/use it, just that she wanted to try it, and BM was against it.

IMO, because I don't have a link handy, AM mentioned in at least one and possibly more than one interview, that it was the side effects of chemo that caused SM to want to try marijuana (I'm assuming medical marijuana). It wasn't something recreational; AM specifically related it to Suzanne's cancer reoccurrence and chemo. However, AM didn't get specific in any one type of cannabis product, he just used a general term, and he said BM was against her using that drug.

IMO

Thanks for the replies, I didn’t think that it was ever specified.

All is JMO:

When I read that BM was spotted walking the property line, with a shotgun strapped over his shoulder, I actually laughed out loud. Not because it's funny, but it's so over the top it's utterly ridiculous to draw attention to himself when he KNEW AM's searchers would be there that day. It was staged, just like the bike.

That was done for 1 thing and 1 thing only: to present an intimidating/threatening presence to drive home his "warning" about anyone trespassing on his land.

Was this legal? 100%, no questions asked.

Was this smart? Oh man, yes... if you're going for the ultimate Get Off My Lawn scenario worthy of memes all over social media.

I've followed true crime for coming up on 50 years and I'll tell you, I've never seen an innocent man act this way. Never. Not once.

He's either as guilty as it gets or he's one for the journals/articles/case studies.

jmo
BAM!

A cougar, not.
A bike ride, not.
An abduction, not.
A suicide, not.
A mafia hit, not.

Common, unfortunately.

Moo
Where did I miss that we now know there was domestic violence? I am assuming she is deceased and that it wasn’t suicide. But I don’t recall anything except that domestic violence was speculation as were many other possibilities tossed out.

I disagree. The day after this headline, Barry allowed searchers on his property. I do not think that was a coincidence, rather, I believe he was trying to change the narrative. He screwed up, and he knew the optics were bad.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother believes she was a victim of domestic abuse, says Barry Morphew threatened volunteer searchers with a gun on his shoulders
This is worth repeating!!!

Where did I miss that we now know there was domestic violence? I am assuming she is deceased and that it wasn’t suicide. But I don’t recall anything except that domestic violence was speculation as were many other possibilities tossed out.

It is my speculation that either:

BM pre-planned a murder, resulting in a single violent act.
Or
BM lost his temper, hit her, then murdered her to cover up his abuse.
Or,
BM lost his temper and struck her too hard, causing her death.

Murder is a form of domestic violence in my mind.
Moo of course.

I'm behind, so I don't know if this has been answered yet...
Andy had said that he believes she was murdered and that he believes it was a domestic violence issue.
Watch at the 44:02-44:03 mark of the profiling evil video posted the day BM let searchers on his property.

The one case that gives me hope that Suzanne will be found is that of Laci Peterson and baby Conner. Everyone, including LE, believed the tide had carried her out to the open ocean. Whether it was Scott’s choice of location, divine intervention or just plain luck, Laci and Conner were found. I believe Suzanne will be found.

A cougar, not.
A bike ride, not.
An abduction, not.
A suicide, not.
A mafia hit, not.

Common, unfortunately.

Moo

The location and condition of the bike and helmet show a high probability of being staged. I can't put a percentage on it as I have not seen the print evidence around the bike.
I put abduction at around 5% as in my professional experience, the FBI is publicly much more involved and engaged with the spouse at this point than what we are seeing here.
Most suicide individuals don't hide their body, and the spouse in this case would have no reason to do so. While a note is not always left, I would think there would be one in this situation to the daughters and SM's family.
I put a professional hit at near 0% as the hitman/woman have no interest in hiding the body, they want to get out of dodge without being seen. Remains that are the result of a clearly professional hit would actually clear the alleged actor.
A mountain lion attack is laughable. As Dr. Phil noted (correctly), wild animals don't clean up after themselves. Print evidence would have clearly shown if this was a mountain lion attack, and even the most inexperienced CSI tech would have noted this and LE would have publicly announced the same.

That puts a high probability in only one scenario, and to a much lesser degree, a walkaway.

People in her support group would have told her about it.

BM's behavior makes it seem like he is mad at SM. Nothing about what he has done thus far seems normal for a husband. He is the one making himself look guilty. He only seems to be getting worse.

Exactly! I really have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But his behavior and tbh other members of her immediate families behavior (Not Andy or the Moormans who have desperately tried to find Suzanne and raise attention about her case in the media) have switched my opinion into believing he had something to do with her disappearance.

I’ve been married for over 25 years and my husband is a gruff Marine who doesn’t like gossips or people in his business. We have 3 sons who are 22, 19 and just 9 years old. My older sons would be leading the charge to find out what happened to me.

I am NOT judging Suzanne’s daughters. My heart breaks for them. I imagine they are confused and grieving. Sad situation.

People in her support group would have told her about it.
Was she in a support group?
I just assumed casual conversation with fellow patients during her chemo treatments.
Or, maybe she googled it?
Really, ALL we know about her interest in trying it, came from 1 very brief mention from AM.
That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member