Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have included the Fire Chief's actual quote instead of just paraphrasing it so I edited my post already. I think the word that rubbed me wrong was
"downfall." I guess I would never consider friendly to be a downfall.

“Her biggest downfall is the fact that she’s so friendly,” Bertram said of Suzanne. “She’s one of those people that wouldn’t hesitate to talk to anyone, to help anyone.”
Exactly how I felt when I read it ... like it was HER FAULT she is missing :mad: which leads me to believe his mentality is stuck back in the 60’s - or worse “women should not be seen or heard.” I’m growling if you can’t tell ...

50 and 240 area seems different than the original search area. Wasnt the original search area 225? Trying to locate 240 on a map and having trouble.

Some quick reference / Not sure this is the area, just pulling quick references on 240:

Colorado Mountain Vacations

“SALIDA AREA - Maysville (11 miles west of Salida) is a great starting point for these adventures. There are dozens of forest roads that literally head up into the mountains in every direction. Get yourself a copy of the San Isabel National Forest map, or the Latitude 40 map for Salida and Buena Vista trails, and you are set to go (we always carry copies of both of these maps). Some favorites have been forest road 240, which starts just on the other side of highway 50, and follows the North Fork of the South Arkansas River up to a stunning basin at 12,000 feet. The first four miles are paved, but once you pass the Angel of Shavano Campground it quickly becomes steeper and more interesting. There is a great waterfall just past the campground as well. Once you have crossed over the river, there is a big switchback, and as you turn back towards where the river should be, look for a pullout on the right. You will need to hike about 100 yards, but it is well worth it!”

—-

ETA:

More reference:

“The Colorado Trailhead at Angel of Shavano Campground may be accessed off Hwy 50 at Maysville by taking CR 240 north in Maysville. Drive 5 + miles north to Angel of Shavano Campground. On the north side and across the road is a Colorado Trailhead parking area.

This run is a popular out and back run especially during the fall when the Aspens are in their glory. From the parking lot Cross the road and take a trail on the west side of the campground south. Immediately you cross The North Fork of the Little Arkansas River and the trail begins to climb. Steeply the trail switches back three times until it gains a saddle and begins to drop. The vegetation is thick composed mainly of spruce and fir but there are some nice aspen stands as well. Again you can run this trail just as far as you like but remember you need to go back.

The mileage depend on how far you want to go.“

Angel-of-Shavano-CT-South.jpg

Chaffee County Running Club - Salida, and Buena Vista Colorado Running - Angel of Shavano Colorado Trail South

*Mods - flagging to make sure links are legal

Last edited:
[
The Palmer Lake Herald is now The Colorado Herald on FB. Here is a post with a photo from about an hour ago...

There is an additional photo from another person in the comments.

At Highway 50 & 240, close to Suzanne Morphew’s home, there appears to be a heavy law enforcement presence, with several evidence trucks in tow.​

The Colorado Herald

moo
OH no this looks like LE ....

The Palmer Lake Herald is now The Colorado Herald on FB. Here is a post with a photo from about an hour ago...

There is an additional photo from another person in the comments.

At Highway 50 & 240, close to Suzanne Morphew’s home, there appears to be a heavy law enforcement presence, with several evidence trucks in tow.​

The Colorado Herald

moo

That photo in the Facebook post is on CR 105 near Hwy 50. Just outside of Salida. Its about 15 miles East of SM’s house.

Attachments

• AE8209FD-6C4D-46EC-89B0-7C866AD73F2E.jpeg
    AE8209FD-6C4D-46EC-89B0-7C866AD73F2E.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 179
Does anyone know where this location of activity is in relation to where other pieces of evidence were found? Is this an area that may have been already searched ?

I think it is different than original search area but not too far away. I finally found what I think is 240 and 50. Below is map but not sure if this is where they are setup now. Where I see 240 meeting or turning into 50 is near Maysville. Just not sure if that is where they are at.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I’m sure this has been posted, but just wanted to clarify the warrant:

““…the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court,” the sheriff’s office stated.“

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed
May 20, 2020 at 11:44 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members