Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew).

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

The link below was approved as a one time source, and was posted on page 19 of the Media Thread, post #369. I think you can hear AM more clearly in this video than in the PE video that I posted earlier. AM called in to this program.

Andy Moorman’s call starts at the 44:00 mark, and at approx the 1:00:25 mark, AM states that Barry told him he went through 25 hours of LE interrogation, AM assumed that he would have been asked and taken the LDT & CVSA tests sometime during those 25 hours (makes sense), but then when CBI was out in IN, they told AM that no, BM refused to take the tests on day 4. I think it’s safe to assume BM was asked to take the test at the conclusion of his 25 hours of interrogation, and day 4 makes sense to me because between day #1-3 (remember BM said 3-30 hours of interviews with LE), is when LE would have been getting his story, asking all their questions, follow-up questions, taking notes. Then after reviewing their notes etc., LE asked him to take the tests. They most likely called him to come to the station on day 4, asked him to take the tests to back up his story, he refused, and left.
That was that.

At any rate, BM would have been interrogated by LE in the very early days considering his wife vanished, time is of the essence, and SOP is to rule the Spouse/last person to have seen the victim out as quickly as possible. It follows that BM was asked and refused to take the tests at the conclusion of his 25 hours of interrogation-on day 4, which IMO would have been no later than Thursday, 5/14/20.

And of course, we have BM telling LS he was never asked to take the tests.

IMO it is clear who is lying, and it ain’t AM or CBI.

All of the above is IMHOO

Last edited:
Assume for a moment that LE requested both BM and MG to take polygraph tests - but each refused.

Such refusal points as much to their innocence as to their guilt!

Here’s how:
What if the polygraph operator asks:

“ Barry, have you had sexual relations with MG ?”

That question would terrify Barry only if he believed his wife might still be alive.

I.e.: if she’s alive - NO TEST.

Same with MG:

“ MG, have you had sexual relations with Mr. Morphew?”

That question would terrify MG only if she believed Suzanne might still be alive.

She’s thinking about Suzanne’s reaction!

BM and MG might have good reason to refuse a lie detector test even if they were not involved in the death of Suzanne Morphew.

Imo

I think he tried hard the first day or two to spin that tale (or tail:)) and when that cat didn’t hunt he quickly switched to the “Oh, Suzanne,” as it was now not “too soon” to peddle the abduction scenario instead. I still cringe when I see/hear that video. Worst performance ever I did see! By the time TD showed up in Maysville, BM realized LE hadn’t bought the abduction scenario either, so he just threw everything he had in his arsenal of disorganized thought at TD including LE having messed up the “scene” where no crime occurred except perhaps staging the bike in an attempt to throw LE off. I suspect he wanted TD to get that message out there. Must have been a real shock to BM when LE set their sights on his home, his truck, his phone, his job site (digging it up no less) MG, JP, CC, Broomfield and everything else to do with him.

Barry strikes me as someone with a very disorganized mind. All he has accomplished with his lies is draw more attention to himself. JMHO.
He strikes me too as someone that has a mind with a little hamster running on the wheel ALL the time but never going anywhere ! He’s mad at everybody because people aren’t buying his crazy thoughts lol. I mean the first thing he says about the worker in the hotel ... is “ listen he was prison in for 9 years “? So what Barry ? He could of found Jesus in prison and be the most holy person ever ! LOL. Barry just likes to talk badly about anyone that tries to go against him . It’s sad really , and he’s going to lose this fight I really do believe he will!

moo

Assume for a moment that LE requested both BM and MG to take polygraph tests - but each refused.

Here’s how:

That question would terrify Barry only if he believed his wife might still be alive.

Same with MG:

That question would terrify MG only if she believed Suzanne might still be alive.

BM and MG might have good reason to refuse a lie detector test even if they were not involved in the death of Suzanne Morphew.

Imo
To me it’s not so much about refusing to take the tests, it’s the fact that IMO Barry Morphew Lied to LS and the world about not being asked by LE to take the tests.
(Yes, I believe AM and CBI that he was asked to take them). Not to mention all the other BM inconsistencies that have been discussed at length in these 50+ threads.

I only posted the video with AM confirming that the CBI told him that BM was asked (and refused) to take the tests on day #4, as it was brought up earlier as to when BM would have been asked by LE to take the tests.

At any rate, IMO there is no reason for CBI to lie to AM, nor for AM to lie about what CBI told him. Neither have anything to gain by doing so.
BM on the other hand.........

IMHOO

Last edited:
To me it’s not so much about refusing to take the test, it’s the fact that Barry Morphew LIED
to LS and the world about not having been asked to take the tests.
(Yes, I believe AM and CBI that he was asked to take them). Not to mention all the other lies and inconsistencies that have been discussed at length in these 50+ threads.

I only posted the video with AM confirming via CBI that BM was asked and refused to take the tests on day #4, as it was being questioned earlier as to when BM would have been asked by LE to take the tests.

At any rate, there is no reason for AM to lie about what CBI told him, nor for CBI to lie to AM, neither have anything to gain by doing so. BM on the other hand.........

IMHOO
I agree with you so much . I believe AM. I believe everything he says actually . I think he knows/thinks Barry is responsible but he also is very frustrated and worried. It’s so hard to charge him without finding her, but it can be done . I truly believe only one person knows where she is .
Moo

I think he tried hard the first day or two to spin that tale (or tail:)) and when that cat didn’t hunt he quickly switched to the “Oh, Suzanne,” as it was now not “too soon” to peddle the abduction scenario instead. I still cringe when I see/hear that video. Worst performance ever I did see! By the time TD showed up in Maysville, BM realized LE hadn’t bought the abduction scenario either, so he just threw everything he had in his arsenal of disorganized thought at TD including LE having messed up the “scene” where no crime occurred except perhaps staging the bike in an attempt to throw LE off. I suspect he wanted TD to get that message out there. Must have been a real shock to BM when LE set their sights on his home, his truck, his phone, his job site (digging it up no less) MG, JP, CC, Broomfield and everything else to do with him.

Barry strikes me as someone with a very disorganized mind. All he has accomplished with his lies is draw more attention to himself. JMHO.
On the contrary, with Suzanne not being found and seemingly no evidence of murder or a crime, if he did do something to Suzanne, wouldn’t these factors make him have a highly organized mind? I mean he’s either incredibly stupid like everyone believes and makes him to be such, or he’s incredibly brilliant for pulling it off.

To look back and the very early hours that all of this happened - there is not any evidence that can lead Suzanne out of that house. Meaning that she was either taken out on her on free will - or by other means that led to her demise. Somehow she was taken out of that house. I believe that BM was behind this. I believe that he had help and had hired help. I do not think that he hired help from within his circle of friends in Salida. Hopefully there will be a trail that they can follow.

Here’s how:

Same with MG:

Imo
Innocent or guilty, why would you ever take a polygraph test? It's a no win. LE is already looking at you if they ask, and they are not working to prove you innocent.

On the contrary, with Suzanne not being found and seemingly no evidence of murder or a crime, if he did do something to Suzanne, wouldn’t these factors make him have a highly organized mind? I mean he’s either incredibly stupid like everyone believes and makes him to be such, or he’s incredibly brilliant for pulling it off.

I believe at this point, he's just incredibly lucky. For now.

Plus, as others have often said here better than I, he has a lot to help him without needing brilliance - remoteness and time, unforgiving terrain to search, strength, tools, machinery at his disposal

Last edited:

Here’s how:

Same with MG:

Imo

I don’t agree that they only would be terrified if Suzanne was alive. Both of them has family, friends, children and IIRC MG has a husband (or boyfriend?) to be afraid to embarrass, never mind the people they were working with on a regular basis.
Or if they had some other dealings going on between them, that could be laid bare for the whole world to see if this comes to trial.

As long as MG can attest where she was in the period at question she has no reason to take an LDT.

I have no idea if I would have taken one if I was Barry. If I sincerely wanted LE to move on and placed my wife’s interests before mine, I might have. I don’t hold that against him. What bothers me - is the same as many others have expressed already - the lying about it.

I think that depends on whether we generalise about all people or whether we consider the individuals and situations. The latter applies in what I have read here.

The opinion being offered by me (I obviously can’t speak for @Ontario Mom ) though is that there are probably more factors at play than stupid vs brilliant.

Last edited:
It might be the ‘involvement of friends’ that is holding up the process. For LE, trying to determine to what extent ‘friends’ were involved, would be complex, and in my opinion, complete complicate matters.
I think this case is complicated for LE for a lot of different reasons . I think you are right also , that determining who may know what is challenging , and whether or not they can actually be accessories . I almost wonder if Barry does have an attorney but he has kept it completely hush hush .

moo

It might be the ‘involvement of friends’ that is holding up the process. For LE, trying to determine to what extent ‘friends’ were involved, would be complex, and in my opinion, complete complicate matters.
And what if Barry moved her? When he felt the heat was getting to bad ? I mean it’s awful to think about but it’s completely not unheard of .

moo

I honestly have gone and read every single thing I can in this case. I mean its just too much pointing at him. The fact the he says he was questioned or 'talked to for 30 hours" tells me hes probably the main one on their list. The fact he lied about or as he says "forgot" to mention about the "maintenance" he had to do on the BobCat...thats such a huge red flag. He contradicts himself every time he speaks. Keep talking Barry.... we are listening ! Was the job planned for months? Thats interesting because he says in another statement he offered good money to go there and do it. I truly blieve that Barry put the bike idea out there, he planted it, and he is panicking .

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members