Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking from experience as a residential real estate broker for 15 years, it’s not unusual for a “seller” when signing listing with RE agent, to retain a “prospect” the seller may have shown the home to prior to signing the listing agreement.
Example - As a FSBO, Susie Citizen shows her home to Jane Doe, who is interested but needs to come up with financing. Susie Citizen finally lists the home with XYZ Realtor, but expressly retains the right to sell home to Jane Doe as a FSBO without owing a commission to listing agent. Most agents are happy to make that concession to the listing agreement. I’ve seen it happen quite a few times, all perfectly legal. If Jane Doe buys home from the seller, no commission is due to the RE company if the “exception” is in the listing agreement. The closing documents are the only thing I know that would answer exclusively how the sale was handled. MOO
I hope I explained this adequately. Moo
Good catch! Now that you mention this, I've seen this, too. In my personal case, it involved some unethical behavior on the part of the RE agent. My lawyer got me out of the contract. To be sure my attorney cautioned me that the RE company who employed the agent might fight it and cause problems and maybe win. But the RE company made a little bit of noise, then almost immediately agreed to void the contract with no further fuss.

R/E Agent Comish. Due or Not Due?
Speaking from experience as a residential real estate broker for 15 years, it’s not unusual for a “seller” when signing listing with RE agent, to retain a “prospect” the seller may have shown the home to prior to signing the listing agreement.
Example - As a FSBO, Susie Citizen shows her home to Jane Doe, who is interested but needs to come up with financing. Susie Citizen finally lists the home with XYZ Realtor, but expressly retains the right to sell home to Jane Doe as a FSBO without owing a commission to listing agent. Most agents are happy to make that concession to the listing agreement. I’ve seen it happen quite a few times, all perfectly legal. If Jane Doe buys home from the seller, no commission is due to the RE company if the “exception” is in the listing agreement. The closing documents are the only thing I know that would answer exclusively how the sale was handled. MOO I hope I explained this adequately. Moo
@Error505 rbm Thanks for the benefit of your professional expertise. Re rbm, yes, you explained it perfectly, when, per listing agreement terms, commish would not be due to the r/e agent. An angle I overlooked,

My post gave examples of clauses in listing agreement btwn Seller & Agent, which legally require Seller to pay commish to Agent, even when listing agent (or any MLS-affiliated agent) did not perform services thru closing. My post could have been worded more clearly.

After calculating, I believe it's extreeemely doubtful Puma Path sale resulted a cap gain or cap gain tax, & need for Seller to use cap gain exclusion, because the transaction resulted in a loss. Unlike some posters, one who said there was a profit, another who said Seller would owe taxes, and another who said Seller could use home sales cap gain exclusion. my2ct

If Barry is so concerned and has all this money why didn’t he hire a private investigator ? Especially since he felt LE wrongfully looked at him ??

moo
Absolutely.
Answer: because he doesn't want to.
Why doesn't he want to?
1. Because he either really hated Suzanne and could care less what happened to her.
or
2. He doesn't want facts discovered.

If Barry is so concerned and has all this money why didn’t he hire a private investigator ? Especially since he felt LE wrongfully looked at him ?? moo
@Rachelj1 bbm
Hire a P.I. to do what?
- Gather info to provide to LE to 'clear BM as suspect or PoI?
- To find the 'real' killer?
All O.J. promising to track-Nicole's-murderer-jokes aside, to do what? Seriously?

ETA: @Boxer. You beat me to it. GMTA?

Last edited:
@Rachelj1 bbm
Hire a P.I. to do what?
- Gather info to provide to LE to 'clear BM as suspect or PoI?
- To find the 'real' killer?
All O.J. promising to track-Nicole's-murderer-jokes aside, to do what? Seriously?

ETA: @Boxer. You beat me to it. GMTA?
@al66pine clearly he's not going to hire one because ,yes, I'm almost positive they would uncover somethings that didnt look to favorable for ol Barry.
I mean I would hire 5 PI's if I had to? Barry wants this all to go away....but HE is being watched even closer now, because believe me they are following his money.....LE will watch him more than ever in my opinion .

MOO

Absolutely.
Answer: because he doesn't want to.
Why doesn't he want to?
1. Because he either really hated Suzanne and could care less what happened to her.
or
2. He doesn't want facts discovered.
Could be either one. I honestly thought he really did love her, but he's so narcissistic I think people are disposable to him.
MOO

I have a comment to make about the SAR dogs. I've seen them in action before, and many times these dogs alert things that LE ignore ( not intentionally) or do not look hard enough. If they alerted things at three different location spots, I'd bet all my money they were spot on with that smell.

I was listening to a podcast about a missing girl yesterday, LE as a last resort sent the picture to the prisons in the area to see if any inmates had any information. Usually they brag ....sure enough they found her killer..... might not be a bad idea to see if they can get any leads . It cant hurt...

MOO

If Barry is so concerned and has all this money why didn’t he hire a private investigator ? Especially since he felt LE wrongfully looked at him ??

moo
If I believed for a moment that BM is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case, him selling the house for a cool 1.6 mil and not hiring a PI, would be a massive red flag for me.

If you have the resources to invest into your missing wife's case, and you chose not to use them, well... like the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

jmo

If I believed for a moment that BM is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case, him selling the house for a cool 1.6 mil and not hiring a PI, would be a massive red flag for me.

If you have the resources to invest into your missing wife's case, and you chose not to use them, well... like the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

jmo
and if I previously believed he may have something to do...having the resources and not using them to at least try to clear your name...makes things worse.

jmo

and if I previously believed he may have something to do...having the resources and not using them to at least try to clear your name...makes things worse.

jmo

If BM is entirely innocent of having anything to do with Suzanne's disappearance, I have to conclude that he's the most unlucky, unfortunate victim of insanely coincidental circumstances the entire weekend of Mother's Day, leading up to the day she went missing.

Either way, what he now does with the resources he has available to him (27 river front video - 'oh Suzanne - whatever it takes - however much they want'), will tell it's own story.

Although CM has been approved as a source at WS, without knowing his source and what he is basing this allegation on, we're removing the info about BM having a girlfriend as rumor. If not true, it's just too inflammatory.

When I get a chance to talk with Tricia, I'll check with her. She may feel otherwise. In the meantime, if someone can find the info from a prior podcast where Chris maybe explains the basis/source for this particular allegation and PMs it to me or another Mod/Admin, that would be great.

Thanks.

Dontae Lucas found GUILTY!!! Didn’t take long for the jurors to reach a verdict. What just happened in Pueblo, CO will hopefully set the stage for what happens in Suzanne’s case. This was a No Body case.

Hope the perps or perp, in Suzanne’s case are having a good time, right now. Ya know, enjoying the sunshine, the fresh air and the freedom to shower alone.

Tick Tock ;)

Live now discussing Suzanne and Maya Millete:

Well worth the watch. Start at the 23:30 mark. I can’t help but think that if CM was in charge, things would be different. I was critical of CM earlier on, but he’s a ‘mover, and a shaker.’ Makes things happen and gets things done. It comes out in the video, he’d love to take a shot at this case. It’s become personal. And I like it, finally some emotion from somebody who can move the needle.

I have a comment to make about the SAR dogs. I've seen them in action before, and many times these dogs alert things that LE ignore ( not intentionally) or do not look hard enough. If they alerted things at three different location spots, I'd bet all my money they were spot on with that smell.

I was listening to a podcast about a missing girl yesterday, LE as a last resort sent the picture to the prisons in the area to see if any inmates had any information. Usually they brag ....sure enough they found her killer..... might not be a bad idea to see if they can get any leads . It cant hurt...

MOO
What I found the most interesting was the fact there was a close friend of BM’s among the people watching the FBI team investigating the Longhorn Ranch lot after the HRD dogs alerted on it.

Why was that person there? Were they sent by BM to snoop or were they involved? Hopefully we’ll know the answer one of these days.

In the beginning of this case, I had a feeling that answers would come from computer records. I was thinking at that point about cell phone records and search histories, but now I see that BM has created a very clever puzzle shifting money around in various ways.

This makes me think that they may be untangling the web but still missing pieces. I bet LE has a forensic accountant examining a lot of documents.

Now I have a little bit more hope that they will eventually find the truth and hold “someone” accountable.

Since it’s been stated that BM followed true crime, I hope he was following the Donthe Lucas trial. Yup Barry, no body does not necessarily mean no arrest, or a “not guilty” verdict. Bye, bye Donthe! I suspect LE have a Bobcat load full of circumstantial evidence they are sifting through and unfortunately for BM, LE were all over him like a cheap shirt right from the beginning. No mess ups in Chaffee County! Nope, this ain’t gonna take eight years. Tick.....tock! JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member