Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cancer thing is mentioned here, and talks about a Facebook post and a source from Indiana.
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

It sure is, and I must have completely missed that.
It's interesting that they moved right around the same time she had a recurrence, according to the "Indiana based source".
Generally a cancer patient would be advised to stay the course of treatment with their oncologist.
Unless it was suggested by that oncologist that the move would be in her best interest, possibly?
Treatment options, side-affect treatments, etc.

It just makes me even more angry that she fought and kicked cancer's vile butt, for this to have happened two years later.
Somehow it's just extra-unfair. :(

Someone asked if we have a source for X-ray/sonar being used at the search site and I see it mentioned here:

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida
The owner of the property told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that he has known Barry Morphew for three weeks. The river front property was undergoing improvement. Concrete was laid over the dirt.

The property owner has told others that investigators have been using an x-ray type device to try to see through the concrete.

Someone asked if we have a source for X-ray/sonar being used at the search site and I see it mentioned here:

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida
The owner of the property told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that he has known Barry Morphew for three weeks. The river front property was undergoing improvement. Concrete was laid over the dirt.

The property owner has told others that investigators have been using an x-ray type device to try to see through the concrete.
And they must have seen something.

Thank you for clarifying this. Curious how you identified the year of the photo? Very misleading on the part of DM to state it was from 2020 ... and extremely sloppy reporting even if inadvertent on their part. Not that that's a huge surprise...

Got it. Thank you! Is there a possibility that it was reposted with the "Blessed" comment on May 9th of this year?
Not that I can see.
Unless of course she re-posted privately for this year, in which case, no one that isn't already friends with her would have ever seen it.
Publicly, there is only 1 copy of that pic and the date stamp clearly reads 2019.

IMO LE will search that homesite until they are fully convinced she nor any items related to her are there or can be located. They already got permission to search, have the personnel and equipment, so this is their one major shot.

For whatever reason they believe it's reasonable that SM or whatever other items could have been put there, under layers of dirt. That doesn't mean she *is* actually there or they'll find her, but they can only go where their investigation leads them and this is one of those places.

On a related note I have a true crime buddy who I've followed several cases with. He has not followed this case, though I recently mentioned SM to him. He told me he just watched the BM video and he immediately noticed the incongruity between what was said and demeanor, with the head shaking on every sentence. To me it would be difficult not to notice such a thing. It may not be fair to think "the husband may have done it," but to refuse to consider that's what LE is investigating would be nonsensical.
When I watch the plea by BM with the sound muted, it looks like an insurance or prescription drug commercial.

Hmmm... Where is that spot relative to SM's home? How about relative to the search on the construction site? It would be great to see it geographically on a map/contour.

Just coming back on so I don't know if this was done. Shows the distances between the home, CR 105 and 240. All 3 places are off Route 50.

Attachments

• LOCATIONS.jpg
    LOCATIONS.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 53
Thank you for clarifying this. Curious how you identified the year of the photo? Very misleading on the part of DM to state it was from 2020 ... and extremely sloppy reporting even if inadvertent on their part. Not that that's a huge surprise...

Got it. Thank you! Is there a possibility that it was reposted with the "Blessed" comment on May 9th of this year?

IF it was re-posted this year, it was posted privately, not in any way that anyone not on her friends list could see.

One of my friends had a long battle with ovarian cancer. Her doctors, who were affiliated with a major cancer center, decided on a treatment regimen, but the recommended chemotherapy could be administered elsewhere. She chose to get her treatments at a hospital closer to home. In her case, though, the cancer center was still only a couple of hours away when she needed to consult and change treatment plans.

After she died, her husband eventually moved with their two teenagers to another state. One of the kids benefitted greatly from the change in schools.

Likely already answered but one of the DM articles did say she was last heard from on May 9th.
No indication who heard from her, or whether that was voice, text or carrier pigeon.
Didn’t I read somewhere that she didn’t take her phone biking, which led me to believe her phone was left at home ... I know I asked the question, why wasn’t she wearing Apple Watch or FitBit? I thought all runners and bikers wore tracking devices, rather than taking their phone with them, for both safety and monitoring workouts, HR etc.

I've been considering that a job site might be an option that a POI would choose for evidence disposal. A much publicized recent murder case in Colorado Springs brought to light that LE had been able to determine vehicle locations from the car's computer systems. It's not a stretch to imagine that BM would have heard about this or even known anyway. So if he had to worry that his vehicle could be tracked, then utilizing a site where he could explain his presence might make sense to a desperate person. Possible, looks like LE thinks so too.
And I continue to wait...MOO

Didn’t I read somewhere that she didn’t take her phone biking, which led me to believe her phone was left at home ... I know I asked the question, why wasn’t she wearing Apple Watch or FitBit? I thought all runners and bikers wore tracking devices, rather than taking their phone with them, for both safety and monitoring workouts, HR etc.
ALL runners and cyclists do not have smartwatches or Fitbits. Some do, some don't. Some only use a phone. I'm not a serious cyclist but when I go out I have a phone and that's it. Personally I'd never go on a ride without having a phone with me, but I can't say no one ever would. Of course the underlying assumption you're making is that she actually did ride her bike on Mother's Day and we don't know that ever happened.

JMO, but I’m not sure SM had that. It isn’t something that could actually be verified due to hipaa. And it’s not on her page perhaps because if she did have it; she was a private person.
Being on BM’s page is very interesting. I’m not sure BM is the most reliable source. And if it’s true, what angle was BM using in posting it.

Barry Morphew is reportedly restless as the search for his missing wife Suzanne enters its third week, while police return for a third day of digging at a residential construction site in Colorado where he was paid to lay dirt.

On Sunday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI will continue its third day of searching a Salida property on riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple home, where Barry was paid to lay dirt before her disappearance.

Barry, 52, was not home the day Suzanne disappeared and relatives said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver.

'The last report I got from people is that [Barry] is having a difficult time sitting still, and pacing back and forth, constantly looking out the window, hoping he can see her,' Fire Chief Robert Bertram, 40, said to Fox21.

'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,' he added.

Husband of Suzanne Morphew is having a 'difficult time' as diggers continue construction site search | Daily Mail Online
'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,'he added.

Well if she was abducted while he was away at training what suspicious vehicles would he be searching for if he wasn’t even around? That’s a strange thing to do imo. I would think if I saw a suspicious looking vehicle at any time I would recall it and wouldn’t need to drive up and down a road. Just like that guy in one of the earlier news videos did. He recalled right away that he thought a car looked out of place near the trail. Jmo

I’m a road biker, and I use MapMyRide, which is an app on my iPhone. I’m not as concerned with calories and heart rate; I use the app just to track mileage, speed, elevation gain, etc. I know a lot of people who use iPhone apps for biking. The apps are GPS-based, so it doesn’t matter if there’s no cell service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member