CO CO - Victoria Sanchez, 15, & Yvonne Mestas, 15, Rocky Ford, 1 Nov 1982

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone ever look on facebook for either of these ladies? There is a Yvonne Mestas in Pueblo, CO who looks to be about the right age and has similar look to Yvonne's pictures in post 14.

I've not been able to decipher though if Mestas is her married name or given name. If anyone else can figure out if that's her married name, it would eliminate her pretty quickly.

11/12/2015
Dear Poster Partner:
Victoria Sanchez missing from Rocky Ford, CO, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

11/12/2015
Dear Poster Partner:
Yvonne Mestas missing from Rocky Ford, CO, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

Noooooo, don't leave me hanging! I wanna know if they're okay. :)

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Rocky Ford Police Department say they are “working to shed new light” on the teens’ disappearance. Officials with the agencies did not elaborate on the new developments but detectives are asking anyone if they remember any details from that day to please come forward.

http://kdvr.com/2017/10/23/1982-missing-rocky-ford-girls-cold-case-reopened/

Victoria Sanchez and Yvonne Mestas, both 15 and students at Rocky Ford High School, were last seen at the school on Nov. 1, 1982. Their disappearances have stretched on decades, but new information in the case led the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Rocky Ford police to reopen the case in 2017. It currently remains unsolved.

Missing children: 8 Colorado kids who vanished without a trace

c637f69b-4629-4592-9b1e-28fb0d3e3f23-Victoria_and_Yvonee.jpg

Was it ever known why the girls were running away, or where they were headed?
It was never confirmed that they were running away. These girls were only 15 and the police dept did not make much effort to find them.

Bumping. Hopefully this case is still active....

Still curious as to why the poster was requested to be removed...?

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for Victoria Sanchez and Yvonne Mestas? I would greatly appreciate it.

If they escaped alone, perhaps they went with someone... if so, it was a terrible decision... I don't think they are alive even though they are young... very little information about them... perhaps a bad life with their parents or little affection...
whatever the case
may they rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member