Comedian shoots himself....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IrishMist said:
It's always struck me as more of a "laughter is the best medicine" thing... or maybe, "I laugh so I don't cry" is a better way to put it. It's a good defense mechanism, and helps to get some of your power back.

I recently ran across this quote from Walt Disney:

Behind every laugh, there's a tear somewhere.

Nova said:
I recently ran across this quote from Walt Disney: Behind every laugh, there's a tear somewhere.
I like that, Nova, in a sad kind of way.

Nova said:
So much for the "terminal illness" theory. That is very, very sad.

And if one already has a tendency toward paranoia, there's no biz like show biz to encourage it.

Sadly, it certainly can be a terminal illness if one doesn't get the help they need.

From the above link...

"Perhaps Richard's passing will encourage people to have sympathy, compassion and understanding for those who are afflicted with mental illness," the Jeni family said..

Wouldn't that be nice? :)

There have been similar tragedies in Hollywood--Freddie Prinze,the comedian had a hit show on TV in 1978,Chico and the Man--He shot himself to death right in the middle of the second season--He was only 22 years old--depressed over marraige breakup--and there was an actor from the Brooks Shield TV show who hanged himself--think he was only 30--and Phil Hartman was shot to death by his wife who then in turn shot herself to death

I was watching Entertainment Tonight and Paul Rodriguez was very upset. I am supposing that at the time he made this remark, he didn't know about the depression and paranoia. He said he hoped God could forgive him because he never could. But, if he was a good friend, wouldn't he have known what was happening?

I feel very sad over the loss of Richard Jeni. I had seen him perform on a number of occasions but it has been at least 10 or so years since I have seen him. Many comics hide their tears behind the laughter. He will be missed. I found him to be a very funny man. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. Just as Nova quoted,

"I recently ran across this quote from Walt Disney: Behind every laugh, there's a tear somewhere." Sad, but true.

Blessings to his family and may he rest in peace.

Gozgals

BeeBee said:
I was watching Entertainment Tonight and Paul Rodriguez was very upset. I am supposing that at the time he made this remark, he didn't know about the depression and paranoia. He said he hoped God could forgive him because he never could. But, if he was a good friend, wouldn't he have known what was happening?
Not necessarily because a lot of depressed folks can mask it pretty well. I sure as heck can.

Gozgals said:
I feel very sad over the loss of Richard Jeni. I had seen him perform on a number of occasions but it has been at least 10 or so years since I have seen him. Many comics hide their tears behind the laughter. He will be missed. I found him to be a very funny man. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. Just as Nova quoted,

"I recently ran across this quote from Walt Disney: Behind every laugh, there's a tear somewhere." Sad, but true.

Blessings to his family and may he rest in peace.

Gozgals
--Nice thoughtful post Gozgals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926