Comments Following ABC Action News Tattoo Story

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A crane is not just any company equipment you have to have certification. Not just company certification its a national certification.National certification is to develop effective performance standards for safe crane operation. A crane is heavy equipement. There guidelines in place nationally in all companies or work places that have cranes.Its OSHA safety requirments. Whether its a metal shop or a huge company its all the same.

Do you have a link to the OSHA requirements on that? And also to his company's drug testing policy? And a certificate of their OSHA compliance?

Again, I ask because some companies only do pre employment drug screens. And some companies who do random drug testing pull employees through a computer program- so not everyone gets pulled.

Like I said, I worked in an OSHA facility and operated machinery that was inspected and regulated by the state and federal government. And although we were a DFWP, I went almost six years without a drug test.

If i were Ron, i would want to go to the best place possible to get that tattoo. He obviously loves his daughter, so he would want the quality of the work to be tops.

As for him being on tranqs, benzos affect people differently; even if someone has a drug history. For a person who doesn't take benzodiazepines, when they first take them it can give off the impression that the person is stoned. This can last for a few weeks; it depends on the individual. I've seen effects ranging from the person falling asleep to looking or acting "stoned", and this is on Klonopin (clonazepam). If he were given Xanax or Valium, it would have similiar effects or more.

I don't see why Ron has to be high or drunk in the interview just because he's a man. If it were a woman they would be said to be highly medicated. At least the pain of the tatoo probably helped distract him for at least a little bit, and he'll have this the rest of his life. I think the message in the paper is just a bunch of hogwash from some goofball who wants attention in some weird way unless someone like BTK abducted Haleigh and is getting a kick out of leaving newspaper messages, but this one admitted to nothing, only encouraged "kid".

If I were Ron, and all my searching thus far yielded nothing, I would take whatever would not give me any legal trouble to make me feel high, drunk, or calm. This only further stresses that whatever he said in that tattoo parlor has little bearing to his true feelings.

I don't see why Ron has to be high or drunk in the interview just because he's a man. If it were a woman they would be said to be highly medicated. At least the pain of the tatoo probably helped distract him for at least a little bit, and he'll have this the rest of his life. I think the message in the paper is just a bunch of hogwash from some goofball who wants attention in some weird way unless someone like BTK abducted Haleigh and is getting a kick out of leaving newspaper messages, but this one admitted to nothing, only encouraged "kid".

Interesting. You might be tight about that sexism thing. And the comments too. Imaginations run wild.

If he has a prescription, I wonder if he's taking them as prescribed.

We know of the drug arrests so it's pretty clear that he does not limit himself to legal drugs.

I don't think he was sedated in a medical or legal way. I think he was catching a buzz.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that all of these people (except maybe TN) know how to medicate the pain.

O/T--ok Haleigh is a beautiful girl, but when the camera panned down to Ron's leg to show the new tat, it looked a crazy mess to me. I thought I saw a mustache(sp?) or clown cheeks, did I see this wrong? Is there something over the tat, making it distorted?

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that all of these people (except maybe TN) know how to medicate the pain.

O/T--ok Haleigh is a beautiful girl, but when the camera panned down to Ron's leg to show the new tat, it looked a crazy mess to me. I thought I saw a mustache(sp?) or clown cheeks, did I see this wrong? Is there something over the tat, making it distorted?

Looked to me like it had saran wrap to keep it from rubbing on the pantleg, till he gets maybe a pair of shorts put on. Just my guess.

Looked to me like it had saran wrap to keep it from rubbing on the pantleg, till he gets maybe a pair of shorts put on. Just my guess.

Oh ok. My eyes are really bad but I have seen Haleigh clearly and she is a good looking little girl, very cute. I was hoping that something was covering the tat b/c it sure didn't show how pretty Haleigh is. I hope he shows it again without the covering. Thanks for responding. BTW-I don't see a thing wrong with Ron getting a tattoo of Haleigh. I know I would have been thrilled if my dad had gotten one of me before he died. jmo

Honestly, I don't think the covering is distorting all that much. It looks bad imo. It does not look like beautiful, little Haleigh.

Honestly, I don't think the covering is distorting all that much. It looks bad imo. It does not look like beautiful, little Haleigh.

Not trying to be cruel but, the one angle from the news video, it looked like haleigh had glasses on....surely he didn't get a tattoo of the photo in her sunglasses?

I can't tell for sure with the covering, but the tattoo looks almost like a caricature sketch.

When I went tracking with Gunny on Monday at the railroad tracks, there was a road to the left. I might go there over the week end to check it out

Does anyone have a link to the picture of Ron's tattoo he got of Haleigh? TIA..

My three cents( because it seems i can't shut up today) on Ron's tattoo(s)

First a little personal background. I have two tatoos, if you saw me in person, you would Never in a million years think i would have them...Both were for very personal reasons that i got as an adult(28,30) during two difficult times in my life.

So... As for Ron getting Both of his children tattooed on his body because he feels a need to have them close(i don't know if this is the case) or whatever his reasons, and a kind citizen donated them. I say go for it, if it makes you feel good and helps.

When my best friend was killed, her young husband made someone stop on the way home from her funeral and had a beautiful picture of her tatooed on his arm. Would many consider this odd behavior? Yes, but it helped him that day, and in the 15 years since.

One more thing: Tattoos require Needles, and for the large one(maybe two) that Ron got, would HURT like a bit%h, in my experience this helps to numb your pain...for a moment in time.

I do think he was Heavily medicated during this interview.

i will stop now before it gets to four cents

Personally I didnt put much stock in RC getting a tatoo .... it was where he got it ... not too close to where he lives! Why? Just seems out of the way, may mean nothing, but if the media was there when he exited the tatoo place, I would bank the farm LE is tailing him as well.. JMO!

Personally I didnt put much stock in RC getting a tatoo .... it was where he got it ... not too close to where he lives! Why? Just seems out of the way, may mean nothing, but if the media was there when he exited the tatoo place, I would bank the farm LE is tailing him as well.. JMO!

I hope you're right about the tail and share your interest in the travel to get the tattoo. How did Ron know that a tattoo had been paid for, in advance, at that particular tattoo parlor ? I think there are three possibilities:

1. Some folks have speculated the tattoo parlor called him. But we don't know that as a fact.

2. It could be the donors called him directly. But again, we don't know that as a fact, either.

3. An intermediary, perhaps a mutual friend or associate, set it up. This is pure speculation on my part. But, if an intermediary is involved - wouldn't it be important to know who and why ?

I think the trip to Pinellas Park is concerning, because it extends the investigation into a entirely different geographical location. JMHO

I think the trip to Pinellas Park is concerning, because it extends the investigation into a entirely different geographical location. JMHO

A different geographical location that is very close to Sarasota County, where Ron was arrested for drug possession in the past. It's hinky- and as one of our wise members has as their tag line......

"If there's hink, there's stink!"

Questions from the Tattoo Ignorant:

1. Do you call to make an appointment for large tattoos like Ron's ?

2. If so, when you make the appointment, do you discuss the design and where, on your body, it will be placed ?

3. If/when you make the appointment, does the parlor caution you about not drinking before hand ? Do they recommend you take something, legal and in advance, for the discomfort ?

4. If/when you make the appointment, would they caution you to wear shorts if you are planning to have your legs tattooed ?

5. Does Ron have other tattoos ? Are they large ?

6. Finally, I don't think the tattoo of Hayleigh is very nice - is it only partially done ?

Questions from the Tattoo Ignorant:

1. Do you call to make an appointment for large tattoos like Ron's ?

2. If so, when you make the appointment, do you discuss the design and where, on your body, it will be placed ?

3. If/when you make the appointment, does the parlor caution you about not drinking before hand ? Do they recommend you take something, legal and in advance, for the discomfort ?

4. If/when you make the appointment, would they caution you to wear shorts if you are planning to have your legs tattooed ?

5. Does Ron have other tattoos ? Are they large ?

6. Finally, I don't think the tattoo of Hayleigh is very nice - is it only partially done ?

Good Morning Shaymus,

Hopefully someone with more experience will respond, because i am also curious to the answers. In my limited experience, it was not required to make an appt. however, i think it may depend on how busy the shop is, and how good the artist is at tattooing. When we were in Miami last(which has been a few years) i wanted to add to my tattoo's with one from Miami Ink ,Fat Chance with no appt. Now, Ron's was large and if there is another for Jr, it would takes Hours and i think you would call ahead.

I had to sign a waiver saying that i was not intoxicated(i wasn't :)), and they said they would Not work on anyone under the influence. But, don't know how reputable this place happens to be...lot's of drunk tattoo's out there...

After watching the video again, imo he is high for sure, just don't know on what...my guess would be that he may have taken an extra sedative for the pain.

A question of my own.

Did this guy do artwork on Ron C. before? Excuse me if I missed it in the thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back