Complaints to 20/20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And by the way....I will not be watching 20/20 or any ABC news channels and affiliates.

This is horrible. I will write. The last time I wrote to a media 'personality' was Bill O'Reilly after the Shawn H. fiasco. I promised him I was done with his show & I have kept my promise...
I am feeling physically ill at this news. Who will be there for little Caylee??? I wish there was some way to sue them in her name & give the money to non-profits that help children & Texas Equusearch...
This is so so sad to me...

If the ratings are good enough and they will be, thousands of complaints won't matter.

As bad as the family has been persecuted, there's nothing wrong with a little cash compensation. If 20/20 wants it and are willing to pay, why should the Anthony's turn it down ?
If the ABC Entertainment division paid the Anthonys, it would be within broadcast standards.

The bar is set higher for the news division, which has an obligation to report objectively - something that would be in question if it created news by paying for it.

Don't underestimate the power of protest, particularly if that protest is directed to the regulatory agency charged with overseeing broadcast television standards.

This is disgusting. And that's all I'm going to say because I don't want to be banned. Must... bite... tongue...

Let's look at it like this, maybe this will help get Caylee's story and face to millions more viewers who may or may not know what is going on. In a sense it could be looked at as publicity for Caylee not for Casey.

Whether they are paid or not I am not too happy. Here's what I wrote them:
I hope the rumor that ABC is paying the Anthony Family to be on tonight's 20/20 is false. In fact I am not pleased that ABC is giving them air time at all.

With the new season beginning I don't think you need to outage the nation. Waiting until Casey is no longer a person of interest would be more appropriate. Their lack of help in the investigation and all lies should not make them celebrities.

I respectfully request ABC cancel tonight's show.

20/20 paying people for their interviews has lowered them down to the tabloid level of The National Enquirer and The Globe. I don't read tabloids, so it's safe to say I won't be watching 20/20 for the same reason.

SleuthMommy: I have e-mailed David Lohr who provided that statement on his site. Here's the deal. No one is claiming 20/20 or this Nashville production company posted bond for Casey. The Anthony's have. But what's CLEAR, is that they SOLD the rights to air and run the story regarding their grand daughter INSTEAD OF USING THAT MONEY TO SEARCH FOR HER. Shows like 20/20 and this production company are EXPOLOITING CAYLEE. I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy Anthony went to them to sell her story.

I think 20/20 should have been more responsible and instead of paying those parents a DIME, perhaps should have let Cindy have another 15 minutes of fame by donating that money to Equusearch to find Caylee.

What we have here are people making money off this child and exploiting her and NOT ONE PERSON, FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER OF THE ANTHONY'S LOOKING FOR HER?

This is EXPOLITATION IN THE WORST KIND OF WAY.

So if this can be proved, would there be any chance a guardian ad litem would be appointed to protect Caylee from the entire Anthony clan?

Do they do something like that for missing children that are unfortunately surrounded by folks who in no way have the child's best interest at heart? I truly want Caylee found, but it makes my blood run cold to think (should she be found) they might just find a way to make another buck. She needs to be protected from them, living or not.

Why email? I am flooding them with calls and mentioning contacting their advertisers.

We have 75 people at work and each with their own phone lines.

ABC News
77 W. 66 St., New York, NY 10023
Phone: 212-456-7777

BOYCOTT...... 20/20 , ABC..... DISNEY.... AND ALL ADVERTISERS..
this is blood money!:furious:

SleuthMommy: I have e-mailed David Lohr who provided that statement on his site. Here's the deal. No one is claiming 20/20 or this Nashville production company posted bond for Casey. The Anthony's have. But what's CLEAR, is that they SOLD the rights to air and run the story regarding their grand daughter INSTEAD OF USING THAT MONEY TO SEARCH FOR HER. Shows like 20/20 and this production company are EXPOLOITING CAYLEE. I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy Anthony went to them to sell her story.

I think 20/20 should have been more responsible and instead of paying those parents a DIME, perhaps should have let Cindy have another 15 minutes of fame by donating that money to Equusearch to find Caylee.

What we have here are people making money off this child and exploiting her and NOT ONE PERSON, FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER OF THE ANTHONY'S LOOKING FOR HER?

This is EXPOLITATION IN THE WORST KIND OF WAY.

IF TRUE. Where did I get the idea that Steve Huff's blog had this? I am losing my mind.

Ok, look, you guys do what you want. If I send a complaint it will be because of the interview itself. There is no confirmation of this.

I am going to close this thread until it is confirmed. That way you will still have your links.

Tricia
PS. The main reason I pulled the other thread on this subject yesterday was because of the mob mentality that went with it. Starting with the first post.

Nedthan's starting of this thread did not incite a near riot on the forum but I am not comfortable continuing to talk about it until it is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela