Conrad Murray Trial - Closing Arguments 11-3-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yesterday, CM spent his day off from court, "enjoying a day at Santa Monica beach with his
son & girlfriend. And enjoyed last night's dinner with his supportive friends at a restaurant in Malibu."

Photos at TMZ, directly below the livestream screen.

Link to TMZ:
http://www.tmz.com/

InSessions just had at the bottom of their screen that prosecution expects their initial closing argument to last about 90 minutes and defense expects theirs to last about 60 to 90 minutes. (this must have been said to the judge at some prior time before the jury came in since we didn't see it on the screen)

My favorite part so far: (paraphrased) Don't assume something is true just because a lawyer asked a question about it. Only the witness's answer is evidence.

I wonder if the jurors are paying attention.

My favorite part so far: (paraphrased) Don't assume something is true just because a lawyer asked a question about it. Only the witness's answer is evidence.

I wonder if the jurors are paying attention.

I feel they are glued to every word Judge Pastor is stating.

IMO

COD because defendant failed to perform legal duty

Failed to use reasonable care......... even if victim failed to use reasonable care

ONLY NEEDS ONE ELEMENT TO CONVICT -- (he has 17 egregious violations)

I cannot imagine them not coming to a conclusion of GUILTY

ETA: 15 minute break

After hearing these instructions I don't think a jury in the world could find this man not guilty.

IMO

I think I like the instructions being read before closing arguments. It puts the jury in the right frame of mind prior to closing arguments. They now know what the law is that they will be deliberating and it is fresh on their minds that what the lawyers say is not fact before the lawyers get up there and start saying things that is their version of the facts.

IMO

Based on those jury instructions, Walgren just needs to list the elements that should convict him. LOL

ETA: From ABC tweets:

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Judge to jury: unanimity is required among the jury in at least one or more acts/failure to perform legal duty. #conradmurraytrial

I feel they are glued to every word Judge Pastor is stating.

IMO

I gotta say that I just love Judge Pastor! I wish he was the presiding judge in the Amferny trial -- that would have been something else!

MOO

Mel

I just don't see much wiggle room in the jury instructions for the defense team to argue reasonable doubt.

IMO

I gotta say that I just love Judge Pastor!
I wish he was the presiding judge in the Amferny trial -- that would have been something else!

MOO

Mel

And the Amphony Trial!

Good Morning all Looking so forward o hearing what the defense has to say, well really what do they have to say DrM is guilty of neg. in his treatment of MJ and thus causeing his death uhmmm yea pretty much sums it up for me :crazy:.

Funny and O/T story of Bash's all hallow's eve for you.

First of all I had no idea that if you get bit by a cat bad enough what happens :furious:.

My HRH kittah Lord Hayden a drama quenn to begin with gets his hind feet caught in a 4 foot fence trying to get his fat arse over it (he is a house kitty of about 15 lbs that gets to go out in the backyard when mommy watch's him cause lot of wild animal around) screams like Cujo of the feline worls Bash goes to save him and he shreads Bash's hand. Mind you he screamed for a couple of hours I thought he had brake or dislocated something so Mom is freakin out hand spewing blood get him calm and he is walking ok in the mean time Bash's hand is looking like a freakin softball. I thought I broke it in the ensuing farcis that broke out. Get to the emergency room oh yea a cat bite get infected in a matter if hours...uhmm really. So 6 stiches later the little drama queen bit my hand all the way to the bone 5 stiches inside and one out. 5 shots in my *advertiser censored* over 2 day's and 1200 mg of antibiotics for 12 day's. Oh and the shots hurt like hell and smell like cat pee. The irony is not lost here. My hand hurts like it is giving birth to a llama. Oh and Hayden is just fine playing and sprinting through the house like an olympic runner. Meanwhile Bash's hand is swollen 4 times its normal size is on fire and hurts like freakin HELL. Happy Halloween to Bash oh and who knew that one cat bite could do that I sure as hell didnt :floorlaugh:

Good Morning all Looking so forward o hearing what the defense has to say, well really what do they have to say DrM is guilty of neg. in his treatment of MJ and thus causeing his death uhmmm yea pretty much sums it up for me :crazy:.

Funny and O/T story of Bash's all hallow's eve for you.

First of all I had no idea that if you get bit by a cat bad enough what happens :furious:.

My HRH kittah Lord Hayden a drama quenn to begin with gets his hind feet caught in a 4 foot fence trying to get his fat arse over it (he is a house kitty of about 15 lbs that gets to go out in the backyard when mommy watch's him cause lot of wild animal around) screams like Cujo of the feline worls Bash goes to save him and he shreads Bash's hand. Mind you he screamed for a couple of hours I thought he had brake or dislocated something so Mom is freakin out hand spewing blood get him calm and he is walking ok in the mean time Bash's hand is looking like a freakin softball. I thought I broke it in the ensuing farcis that broke out. Get to the emergency room oh yea a cat bite get infected in a matter if hours...uhmm really. So 6 stiches later the little drama queen bit my hand all the way to the bone 5 stiches inside and one out. 5 shots in my *advertiser censored* over 2 day's and 1200 mg of antibiotics for 12 day's. Oh and the shots hurt like hell and smell like cat pee. The irony is not lost here. My hand hurts like it is giving birth to a llama. Oh and Hayden is just fine playing and printing through the house like an olympic runner. Happy Halloween to Bash oh and who knew that one cat bite could do that I sure as hell didnt :floorlaugh:

All I can say is OUCH !!!!!!!

If this case results in a not guilty verdict, then the US needs to seriously consider doing away with juries. Trial by a panel of judges would be much better.

I've been meaning to say this for some time: MJ's kids don't have a mother, because of Michael Jackson. (Reminded by Walgren saying they don't have a father). I think that was really reprehensible. Of course, this has nothing to do with Murray's culpability, I just have always thought this was incredibly selfish of MJ, especially given what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back