Contaminated Evidence or New Knife Found at Crime Scene?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not convinced it was a book (had me fooled on that one item though), just a "something" maybe trash? I am even less inclined to say "book" having seen the appalling misinformation in the press latey, and the way rumours grow even within WS.
However, there may be some items of evidence we simply do not know.

HP-guessing you may not be a "native" of the USA. In many communities, when you place a yard sale ad in your local newpaper, the newpaper hands out free yellow posterboard signs for you to put up as notices. Again, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I have made quite a few posts in support of my therory/belief that the book Caylee is shown reading on 6/15 in NOT her own personal property. Wondering if it STILL sits on a bookshelf at the nursing home. OK. Letting it drop now...jmho. (I agree about the growing rumors, just trying to keep this one from getting out of hand). A locals visit to either confirm or deny would make me feel better!

HP-guessing you may not be a "native" of the USA. In many communities, when you place a yard sale ad in your local newpaper, the newpaper hands out free yellow posterboard signs for you to put up as notices. Again, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I have made quite a few posts in support of my therory/belief that the book Caylee is shown reading on 6/15 in NOT her own personal property. Wondering if it STILL sits on a bookshelf at the nursing home. OK. Letting it drop now...jmho. (I agree about the growing rumors, just trying to keep this one from getting out of hand). A locals visit to either confirm or deny would make me feel better!
Yea!

We have that sorta stuff even in the badlands of the South Pacific.

Just looked very booky! and I was the main cynic over on the photo thread!

snip:
Of course just to muddy the water, I could claim to have heard the 'knife' was fuond under the 'book'. THAT WAS A JOKE, honest.

Thank Goodness. Don't even JOKE about it.

BTW, I agree about not recognizing a book. All I saw was something yellowish. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Ah!
The forth knife?

Not sure what the forth knife comment means but even 2 knives found are 2 too many. What's the significance of a "dinner knife"? Sometimes refered to as a "butter knife". These aren't the types of knives a killer uses to kill. Teeth will rip through duct tape better than a "dinner knife". Confussing?!! One or two? At least one was found in the car. If two, I'm stumpted. Toddlers are often allowed to use dinner/butter knives when playing with playdoh. But playdoh isn't a traveling car toy.
The only thing I can think of when relating a dinner/butter knife to a death would be another JBR type thing where the knife might have been used in a garotte. (In place of a paintbrush handle).
Did JBR's autopsy show broken bones in her neck from the garotte???

I agree. I'm not convinced of a book being seen in the crime scene photos. Couldn't the yellow item have been an old yard sale sign blown back into the woods. I'm not convinced either that Caylee owned the "Frieda" book shown in the Nursing Home visit video. I've posted about this before. (Any locals take me up on my request to visit this NH to see if this book is available in a family lounge area?) Still. I feel like an outsider. But, jmho. It's ok.

Upon learning about the toy plastic horse, I would LOVE to hear/learn more more about this item.

Also the WPooh blanket. WAS this blanket replaced in Caylee's B-room or was in it fact missing from her original set?

Caylee knew the book verbatim in the video. She cannot read. I would venture to guess she owned the book. JMO.

What's the significance of a "dinner knife"? Sometimes refered to as a "butter knife". These aren't the types of knives a killer uses to kill.

OCSO never called the knife a butter knife, but many Websleuthers do. OCSO called this knife three different things in the docs.

1. Dinnerware knife
2. Dinner knife
3. Stainless steel knife

On all occasions that it is referred to, this knife carries the same evidence inventory number.

Wondering now about my own query? Wasn't it proven that JBR died from the strangulation, and not the intial head-splitting injury? Was that because of broken neck bones? Remind me. Could KC have used a garotte on Caylee. Rope/string plus a dinner knife? And if, yes, then WHY the new reports of 2 knives? One found in the car(long before the body) and the one mentioned last night being in the disposal bag? I don't buy it!

OCSO never called the knife a butter knife, but many Websleuthers do. OCSO called this knife three different things in the docs.

1. Dinnerware knife
2. Dinner knife
3. Stainless steel knife

On all occasions that it is referred to, this knife carries the same evidence inventory number.

TRUE! Just saying, go to your local Walmart or whatever and look for a boxed set of dinnerware. Depending on the money you want to spend, they come in various price ranges and amounts and are almost always made of stainless steel. The "basic" set contains Forks, Teaspoons, Tablespoons, and Dinner Knives. The knives have smooth, well rounded edges with a small strip of dull teeth 1/4"-1/2"- down the shaft.. Suitable for spreading butter or cutting through tender items, like veggies or long-stewed meats. When serving other meats like pork chops or steaks, don't most of us use a "steak" type knives to cut?
And when's the last time you heard of a brutal murder via "dinner knife"? Now how about the last time you heard of a brutal murder via "KITCHEN" knife! A "kitchen" knife conjures up images of really big sharp utility knives. Right?

Caylee knew the book verbatim in the video. She cannot read. I would venture to guess she owned the book. JMO.

I agree. She is familar with the book. You can make out in her vebage that she is "reading" words that really relate to the story. You can hear her say "supper" and "cookies" and you can see her little scolding pointer finger waving...
For all I know, she goes to visit Grandpa at the Nursing home once a week or more. Her favorite book while visiting? I don't know that it's not. Do you?

TRUE! Just saying, go to your local Walmart or whatever and look for a boxed set of dinnerware. Depending on the money you want to spend, they come in various price ranges and amounts and are almost always made of stainless steel. The "basic" set contains Forks, Teaspoons, Tablespoons, and Dinner Knives. The knives have smooth, well rounded edges with a small strip of dull teeth 1/4"-1/2"- down the shaft.. Suitable for spreading butter or cutting through tender items, like veggies or long-stewed meats. When serving other meats like pork chops or steaks, don't most of us use a "steak" type knives to cut?
And when's the last time you heard of a brutal murder via "dinner knife"? Now how about the last time you heard of a brutal murder via "KITCHEN" knife! A "kitchen" knife conjures up images of really big sharp utility knives. Right?

I agree, and funny you should mention kitchen knife. Many WSers also refer to this knife as just that.

There is another rumor floating around WS. That is that KC dismembered Caylee using this knife (well, some who think this also think she did it with the "2nd" knife). Now really, a dinnerware knife is close to useless for dismembering a body. Unlike large sharp kitchen knives, these aren't designed to cut through raw muscles and tendons. Where did this rumor start? A cable TV talking head. :D

I agree, and funny you should mention kitchen knife. Many WSers also refer to this knife as just that.

There is another rumor floating around WS. That is that KC dismembered Caylee using this knife (well, some who think this also think she did it with the "2nd" knife). Now really, a dinnerware knife is close to useless for dismembering a body. Unlike large sharp kitchen knives, these aren't designed to cut through raw muscles and tendons. Where did this rumor start? A cable TV talking head. :D

Yeah, there's something wrong with this picture...If polled, guessing most American's would consider a "dinner" knife the dull, well-rounded, slightly verigated knife found in a typical boxed set of flatware. My image of "
kitchen" knife ranges from a skinny fillet knife to a butcher's knife. Anything really sharp used in the preparation of food. This is a potential "weapon" knife imho.

Those "rumors" of what LE removed from the A's home immediately following the discovery of her remains perk my interest. Rumors of sections of drywall, etc. Blood splatter? Anyone have any more info on these rumors. Can you put them to rest?

Yeah, there's something wrong with this picture...If polled, guessing most American's would consider a "dinner" knife the dull, well-rounded, slightly verigated knife found in a typical boxed set of flatware. My image of "
kitchen" knife ranges from a skinny fillet knife to a butcher's knife. Anything really sharp used in the preparation of food. This is a potential "weapon" knife imho.

Those "rumors" of what LE removed from the A's home immediately following the discovery of her remains perk my interest. Rumors of sections of drywall, etc. Blood splatter? Anyone have any more info on these rumors. Can you put them to rest?
I had forgotten the Dry Wall. That came up before I joined the WS brigade.

Was that ever confirmed even a little?

Where was it taken from?

and I remember hearing lawn tools also....but that was awhile back and I think it was reporting from viewers watching it live as LE took things from the house, yard, garage, shed and back yard.....I have not seen in fact as of yet....

I had forgotten the Dry Wall. That came up before I joined the WS brigade.

Was that ever confirmed even a little?

Where was it taken from?

I got it from another online posting site (never sure it's ok too say the real name) "frightened apes" -kind of. SM.

Have NEVER heard the rumors of drywall removed by LE in the last A's home serch verified by WS's. Does that mean it's not true? Dunno.

I got it from another online posting site (never sure it's ok too say the real name) "frightened apes" -kind of. SM.

Have NEVER heard the rumors of drywall removed by LE in the last A's home serch verified by WS's. Does that mean it's not true? Dunno.
I got it!

Wow that's proper sleuthing on my part.

No, in the WFTV link this morning it said a "stainless steel" knife was found in the bag, I'll try to post a link.

Sheaffer said the public might never find out why a stainless steel knife was found with the body.
"The knife could have been an agency of the murder, could have been used to cut the tape. A myriad of possibilities with the knife," Sheaffer said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530178/detail.html

fingerprint evidence???

fingerprint evidence???
The wftv report is wrong.
There was no knife found with the remains.
This has been a rumour since the documents came out, but that is not what the documents say.
This is just bad and false reporting.

This is just one time I hope they are right!! We will find out in the next doc dump. LOL (Praying for a second knife...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back