Cooper Harris - Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JRH trial - Juror 66 wrote on her questionnaire about the justice system, "Justin Ross Harris did it." — Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

They brought us a fan in media room. Fortunately AC has been repaired. @cbs46 pic.twitter.com/MTEWW3l4zL— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH trial- Missing juror from yesterday that was in CA is here. Judge is making him wait since he missed scheduled time. #beontime @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH Trial- Juror 66 is engaged, no children. She said, “It’s hard for me to imagine this wasn’t purposely done.” @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016
Prosecutor Chuck Boring questioning Juror 66. She has formed an opinion. @cbs46 #hotcardeath pic.twitter.com/2WE84gTtfi— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

See the box fan by the deputy? AC is out in the courthouse. @cbs46 pic.twitter.com/3dHQFfXdSB— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH Trial- Juror questioning continues. Juror 65 actually says he knew nothing about the case until judge read charges. #firstone @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31817951/day-12-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

JRH trial - Juror 66 wrote on her questionnaire about the justice system, "Justin Ross Harris did it." — Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

They brought us a fan in media room. Fortunately AC has been repaired. @cbs46 pic.twitter.com/MTEWW3l4zL— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH trial- Missing juror from yesterday that was in CA is here. Judge is making him wait since he missed scheduled time. #beontime @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH Trial- Juror 66 is engaged, no children. She said, “It’s hard for me to imagine this wasn’t purposely done.” @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016
Prosecutor Chuck Boring questioning Juror 66. She has formed an opinion. @cbs46 #hotcardeath pic.twitter.com/2WE84gTtfi— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

See the box fan by the deputy? AC is out in the courthouse. @cbs46 pic.twitter.com/3dHQFfXdSB— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

JRH Trial- Juror questioning continues. Juror 65 actually says he knew nothing about the case until judge read charges. #firstone @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 26, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31817951/day-12-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets
Judge Staley making him wait? Say it ain't so! She is not like the Judge in Jodi Arias' trial.
💜 it!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I see issues with quite a few of those jurors that would definitely be brought up in appeal if they make the final cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, so do I. I would think, however, that the prosecution would be aware of that and deny as many of those folks as possible, if the defense doesn't do it first. Interesting that the very ones that the prosecutors might want are too dangerous, STS, to have up there on the jury. They have got to be frustrated and encouraged by those opinions, seems to me.

Another thought as I was "looking" at the so-called qualified jurors: Certainly Harris and his attys are hearing the jurors say, "I think he's guilty," fairly often. It would bother me a lot if I were <shiver> Harris & Co. As they keep hearing guilty, guilty, guilty, might they be thinking about a plea? I know it's early, and we don't know what the defense attys might have to mitigate his actions (IMO it would have to be a mountain of evidence), but I think he should accept a LWOP plea, allocute (nobody seems to have to do that any more), and go to jail right now. JMO.

Ha! Watching the attorney question juror #69 about what she's read about in the paper or heard about the case... I wonder what would happen if a WS member was in the jury pool? :eek:hwow: :what: :giggle:

If Ross Harris entered jury selection unaware of how the public views him, he certainly knows now.

Not one of the jurors stated they believed Harris was innocent.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/justin-ross-harris-emerges-court-after-2-years-jai/nrCDk/

&#8220;He disgusts me,&#8221; a Vinings resident answered in her juror&#8217;s questionnaire. &#8220;I think he&#8217;s a psychopath.&#8221; The woman, a partner in a consulting firm, was among the prospective jurors questioned Tuesday. She said she'd be willing to sit at the prosecution table during Harris' trial, adding, &#8220;I think he needs to go down.&#8221;

Harris, busily scribbling notes, barely looked up as the woman berated him from the stand.

Do people ever insist adamantly that a defendant is innocent before a trial? Not just saying innocent until proven guilty, but adamant that nothing could convince them otherwise? I don't find it that shocking that many jurors think he is guilty since all the coverage over the past two years has been based on the prosecution sharing their case at the bond hearing. There's been a decent amount of jurors who have said they could be impartial.

I wonder if the media is trying to build it up just how many jurors think Harris is guilty so if he is acquitted, it will be even more shocking?

I think he's guilty and would not have a problem saying so if I were being interviewed for jury selection. Knowing what I know of this case I would not be fair, my mind is made up.

Bill Rankin &#8207;@ajccourts 1h1 hour ago
Juror #65 in #RossHarris trial knows nothing about case - was living in Alaska at time of incident. He's a student in Army reserves.

Ryan Kerns &#8206;@RyanKernsEsq
All finished with Juror 65. Also both sides agreed to dismiss another juror entitled to exemption as a full time student. #hotcardeath
10:05 AM - 26 Apr 2016
1 1 Retweet 1 1 like

So Juror 65 had to go

Additional jurors today:

A juror who works at Home Depot like Harris did, and thinks he’s guilty, and a woman who said she’s biased against Harris and that Cooper reminds her of her grandson.

Philip A. Holloway &#8206;@PhilHollowayEsq
Juror 71 in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath case says she has NO opinion as to guilt, NOT biased - what a contrast to earlier folks!?!
4:33 PM - 26 Apr 2016 · Marietta, GA, United States

The selection process does appear finally to be nearing its end, with maybe another dozen jurors left to round out the pool.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bias-keep-jurors-out-of-justin-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/

Here's my issue w jurors who are in that community and say they know nothing about the case or have no opinion. Are these folks so disconnected that they don't watch local or national news? Or read a paper?

How could the justice system trust such unengaged citizens for such important decisions?

Hearing jury selections certainly makes me question our society as a whole-- and makes me feel like a real Einstein!

Here's my issue w jurors who are in that community and say they know nothing about the case or have no opinion. Are these folks so disconnected that they don't watch local or national news? Or read a paper?

How could the justice system trust such unengaged citizens for such important decisions?

Hearing jury selections certainly makes me question our society as a whole-- and makes me feel like a real Einstein!

If you're not interested in a story, it's extremely easy to avoid it. There are so many different sources to get your news from. If they said they never heard of the case, I wouldn't really understand but I don't think saying you didn't follow it and don't have an opinion is really a big deal.

I pay no attention to local news and have no idea what is happening here so the fact that some folks in GA have not followed the case doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ha! Watching the attorney question juror #69 about what she's read about in the paper or heard about the case... I wonder what would happen if a WS member was in the jury pool? :eek:hwow: :what: :giggle:

Have you seen the ID channel commercial where she's all packed when she gets her summons in the mail? Be careful what you wish for...
I got picked for a jury in a murder trial about a year ago. I didn't know about the case, but one look at the perp and you could tell he was a scary gang member even though they dressed him up in a sweater. I was shaking when he looked back at us! I got dismissed because I asked to be for other reasons. They managed to convict him without me.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's just that we here on WS are interested in trials and social injustices and probably know the basics of many news headlines. We wonder how some can't know the basics of JRH hot car trial. And it would probably leave some of these people shaking their head that I don't know the current status of the Kim Kardashian marriage to Kanye or who got asked to leave on latest episode of The Bachelor. We are what we eat I guess.
With JRH hearing no potential juror side with him, but rather, hearing strong contrary opinions, is there potential plea bargaining being negotiated in the background?

My husband pays no attention at all to murder cases. But he follows local and international news/politics, and financial news. I know a pediatrician who doesn't read murder stories - he believes it's not productive and, unless it's a local case where one might be able to contribute to the investigation, it's akin to people slowing down to look at gruesome accident scenes. I can see his point, but I'm fascinated by real-life mysteries and trying to understand the motivations behind these crimes - and wanting to see justice for the victims.

My husband pays no attention at all to murder cases. But he follows local and international news/politics, and financial news. I know a pediatrician who doesn't read murder stories - he believes it's not productive and, unless it's a local case where one might be able to contribute to the investigation, it's akin to people slowing down to look at gruesome accident scenes. I can see his point, but I'm fascinated by real-life mysteries and trying to understand the motivations behind these crimes - and wanting to see justice for the victims.

That's how my dad is. He knows everything going on in politics, international news, etc...He's very informed...but he doesn't follow crime cases at all. What happened to Cooper was absolutely horrific, but when it comes down to it, it's a local crime story (or a possible domestic accident) that the media decided was important. I don't want that to sound insensitive, but what's the difference between Cooper's case and all the only murdered children who haven't gotten as much attention? His case isn't more important just because it's gotten more media coverage. So I don't agree with the notion that not having an opinion on Justin Ross Harris makes you an uninformed person. How much coverage is the NY Times, NPR, Wall Street Journal, BBC, etc going to give the trial compared to HLN? Nancy Grace, a show that is planning to cover the case every day of the trial, uses hashtags like "#BabyinDryer" or "#ToiletBaby" and "#StripClub". If someone got their news from the media outlets I listed above (sans HLN), how much would they know about this case? They probably wouldn't know all that much, but it doesn't mean they are ignorant at all fo what's happening in the world.

ETA: Just to clarify, I am not saying anything bad or looking down on people who follow crime news. I'm one of them. Just sharing why I don't think not knowing anything about JRH is a big deal.

Day 13 Tweets from Vince Sims:

JRH trial begins with Juror 72 who is grandmother married to a police officer. She says she has no bias or prejudice. @cbs46 #hotcardeath&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016

Juror 57 strong statements. Says I only know, "God rest his soul a child died in a car while dad was sending d*ck pics." @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
Juror 57 says when asked if he can be impartial, "As a father of two boys it's unfathomable." @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH Trial - Juror 57 says, "I don&#8217;t understand how a father can have his son roasting in his car." @cbs46 #hotcardeath&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH Trial - says, "If he didn&#8217;t do it, he is going to live in hell forever, a personal hell." @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
Haven't struck him yet. That was all prosecution questions. Defense just now asking questions. By noon should know. https://t.co/25ZeQIaY2e&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH trial Juror 57 says, &#8220;being a bad father is not a crime so I don&#8217;t know if he&#8217;s guilty of a criminal offense or not&#8221; @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
#CBS46JRH juror 57 ended with dramatics. Prosecution called him for not having certain financial certifications he claimed to have. @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
#CBS46JRH juror 57 ended with drama. Prosecution pulled jurors drug arrest history with 1 1/2 lbs of weed seized in his house. juror denies&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016

#cbs46JRH attorneys discussing what jurors to keep and to excuse. Will update soon. I'm thinking controversial 57 will be excused. @cbs46&#8212; Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31828677/day-13-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

38 jurors.

11Alive NewsVerified account &#8207;@11AliveNews 29m29 minutes ago
RT @DuffieDixon Seven more jurors qualified in #RossHarris trial. So we have a total of 38 #11alive

That's how my dad is. He knows everything going on in politics, international news, etc...He's very informed...but he doesn't follow crime cases at all. What happened to Cooper was absolutely horrific, but when it comes down to it, it's a local crime story (or a possible domestic accident) that the media decided was important. I don't want that to sound insensitive, but what's the difference between Cooper's case and all the only murdered children who haven't gotten as much attention? His case isn't more important just because it's gotten more media coverage. So I don't agree with the notion that not having an opinion on Justin Ross Harris makes you an uninformed person. How much coverage is the NY Times, NPR, Wall Street Journal, BBC, etc going to give the trial compared to HLN? Nancy Grace, a show that is planning to cover the case every day of the trial, uses hashtags like "#BabyinDryer" or "#ToiletBaby" and "#StripClub". If someone got their news from the media outlets I listed above (sans HLN), how much would they know about this case? They probably wouldn't know all that much, but it doesn't mean they are ignorant at all fo what's happening in the world.

ETA: Just to clarify, I am not saying anything bad or looking down on people who follow crime news. I'm one of them. Just sharing why I don't think not knowing anything about JRH is a big deal.

I totally understand what you are saying. I don't like to listen to local news very much except for the weather report. My DH MD is so busy working, seeing patients, that he has no clue about local or national crime cases. He can however tell you who won a golf tournament :).

My brother lives in the Phoenix area and knew very little about the Arias trial, except what might have been in a headline. He simply isn't interested and prefers financial, world and political news.

It also usually helps when a pretty blonde girl is involved, goes missing, etc. Do less than beautiful women ever go missing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste