UT Corazon Cabug Parciso Frandsen, 26, Salt Lake City, 5 February 1978

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Isabelle98

Reaction score
Corazon, age 26, went to dinner with her in-laws on the evening of February 4, 1978. Afterward she picked up a few groceries and then proceeded home to her apartment located in at 5272 S. Cobble Creek Road. It appears she was first attacked as she got out of her 2-door white Mercury Cougar in the parking lot of the apartment complex. She was found the following morning in the bushes adjacent to the parking lot of a church located at 5605 S. Vine Street. She had been severely beaten. She was unconscious at the time she was found and died a short time later at the hospital as a result of blunt force trauma injuries and exposure to the elements.

Cold Cases | Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake

Cold Case: Corazon Frandsen murder 2/5/1978 Murray, UT *Still unsolved, but police still looking for clues*

Corazon Cabug Parciso Frandsen (1951-1978) - Find...

Bumpin up for this girl.
She only was 26 years old when she was brutally murdered (being beaten to death is maybe one of the worst way to die...)
And she really seems to be totally forgotten...

I've found something more about this girl on the web.

Zion's Lost : Corazon Frandsen

Really sad case. It seems that she was also raped by her killer but nobody knows for certain because the police report...disappeared into nothing... :(
I hope at least DNA is available...
If the family doesn't do something to "stir the pot" this murder will be a cold case forever... :(

Do you guys know where we may be able to find more information on this case? other than what's on the Utah Cold Case webpage I mean. Like where she may have gone to school?

She’s a forgotten because she has no family from the phillipines here, her husband died 5 years prior to her death and the in-laws have all died in the past decade. Her husband was 26 when he died too, but unless I want to spend a pretty penny on these websites I can’t find when they married or what his cause of death was.

Let me rephrase what I said earlier after doing some searching on familysearch.org. She left her family in the Philippines to marry her husband here who died at 26 yo from pancreatic cancer 5 years prior to her death. Her parent in laws died in 2013 and her two brother in laws died in 2010 & 2015. Sadly It seems she really didn’t have anyone here to keep her file in the newspaper. :(

Let me rephrase what I said earlier after doing some searching on familysearch.org. She left her family in the Philippines to marry her husband here who died at 26 yo from pancreatic cancer 5 years prior to her death. Her parent in laws died in 2013 and her two brother in laws died in 2010 & 2015. Sadly It seems she really didn’t have anyone here to keep her file in the newspaper. :(
I'm pretty sure some of her relatives are still alive in The Philippines.
Maybe not her parents but some brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins...Philipino's families are huge
If they care about her they could do something (pressuring the police to solve this murder case, for instance)
If they care... :cool:

So when I was growing up I saw a picture of Cora in my Grandmas living room and she told me that she was murdered and it was never solved. My Grandma is related to Cora's late husband. My Grandma has since passed so I asked my Dad about her today. He gave me some insightful information and I am going to reach out and follow up on the case since it has been cold for so long.

corazon_frandsen_thm.jpg

Corazon Frandsen - Date of Death: February 5, 1978​

Corazon, age 26, went to dinner with her in-laws on the evening of February 4, 1978. Afterward she picked up a few groceries and then proceeded home to her apartment located in at 5272 S. Cobble Creek Road. It appears she was first attacked as she got out of her 2-door white Mercury Cougar in the parking lot of the apartment complex. She was found the following morning in the bushes adjacent to the parking lot of a church located at 5605 S. Vine Street. She had been severely beaten. She was unconscious at the time she was found and died a short time later at the hospital as a result of blunt force trauma injuries and exposure to the elements.
Case #78-7960
Case Status: Open

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26