Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is the "Lady in blue"? :)

View attachment 420190

Her outfit was absolutely stunning.

I hope they release photos of Kate without the robe. I really want to see what she was wearing.

Cornish method, jam before cream, all the way!

I’ve been experimenting and here is my conclusion:

Clotted cream is not soft like whipped cream, it is spreadable like butter. It’s therefore easier to put that on first then dollop the jam on top.

With whipped cream it’s better to spread the jam on evenly first, then dollop the cream on top.

Delicious either way.

I took one for the team and had to eat several for this unbiased and highly scientific report.

I was flitting between BBC and ITV but was disappointed not to see more of the congregation. Over and over again we were shown the choir, when I was longing to see who else was there! Didn't see any of the foreign Royals.
The royal coverage isn't a patch on what it was when I was young. The commentators don't seem to know who anyone is
apart from the obvious people.

At least we got plenty of Major Johnny
(I know he's Lt Col Johnny now but it doesn't flow so well)

1683405760307.png
''A coronation is, by its nature, a celebration of hierarchy. Its entire point is to appoint one person supreme above all others in the country, however symbolic that power might be in the case of King Charles III.

It only follows, then, that the seating chart for an event like this would be an intricate exercise in power dynamics, particularly when you’re figuring out where to put the kinds of people — royals, politicians, church leaders, celebrities — who would usually be placed in prime position at any other event they attend. Throw interpersonal undercurrents into the mix (yes, we’re looking at you, Prince William and Prince Harry), and getting this right must have been a nightmare exercise for the coronation’s organizers. Earl Marshall, who also organized the late Queen’s funeral in September, had that honour.

When it came to the VIP seats, however, there was only one place to be: the so-called Coronation Theatre, the coronation equivalent of being in the pit at a concert, feet away from where the action is taking place. To make the cut for these exclusive rows of seats is a big deal, but even within this ticket block, as it were, there’s a pecking order — and it’s fascinating to look into who’s in (and who’s out) of the royal books right now.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back